[C3C] Mechanics Explorations

@timerover51 I think T.Rex was talking about "Terraform"-flagged units which have only a limited selection of the total Worker-jobs enabled (e.g. a hypothetical "Lumberjack" who can only clear Forests + Jungles, and plant Forests).

The AI will not build or use such a limited Worker-unit.
Okay.

@timerover51 I think T.Rex was talking about "Terraform"-flagged units which have only a limited selection of the total Worker-jobs enabled (e.g. a hypothetical "Lumberjack" who can only clear Forests + Jungles, and plant Forests).

The AI will not build or use such a limited Worker-unit.
That would be interesting if it worked. For example use the bulldozer unit that is in the database for road builder, lumber jack like you mentioned, etc.

One word: "auto-production." ;)
I think you're right about that. The AI used incomplete-terraform workers just fine when I placed them manually in Debug mode. Can auto-produced units still take from the population? I wonder if there's a way to control how many are produced that way.

I feel like the military-worker concept might have some good uses, though. I'd have to see if the AI will still produce 1-strength units solely because of their worker value after it can produce stronger units.

I think you're right about that. The AI used incomplete-terraform workers just fine when I placed them manually in Debug mode. Can auto-produced units still take from the population? I wonder if there's a way to control how many are produced that way.

I feel like the military-worker concept might have some good uses, though. I'd have to see if the AI will still produce 1-strength units solely because of their worker value after it can produce stronger units.
Auto-produced units do not impose any population cost. Nor do they require specific resources for the units being built. The Statue of Zeus will build Ancient Cavalry units without having any Horses for a resource.

The Statue of Zeus will build Ancient Cavalry units without having any Horses for a resource.
True, but the autoproduction of ACavs does require Ivory to stay hooked to your trade-net.

That is, though any resource-dependency set for an autoproduced unit itself has no bearing on autoproduction, if the autoproduction-building loses access to any resource(s) required to build it, it will stop working.

Is it possible at all to make units that can transport sea units? I'm trying to make a "Portage" unit that can act as a canal to access lakes or the other side of an isthmus without needing a city, but I've made both land and sea unit variants and haven't had any progress so far. Maybe I'm missing something.

Is it possible at all to make units that can transport sea units? I'm trying to make a "Portage" unit that can act as a canal to access lakes or the other side of an isthmus without needing a city, but I've made both land and sea unit variants and haven't had any progress so far. Maybe I'm missing something.

Antal made a terrain improvement which does this as part of his .exe patch. It might be worth asking Flintlock if he'll consider implementing Antal's canal in his .exe mod thread.

Top Bottom