Meet the Modders

Also, since I no longer identify entirely as male, and it's quite obvious that I'm NOT, in fact, Japanese, I'd like to have my user name changed to DJ Bonebraker (which is what I use for my other artistic/creative websites) both because it's more gender-neutral (girls can be DJs too, and I actually worked as a part-time radio DJ as well as making techno mixes, which makes me BOTH types of DJ, hilariously enough), and it's a closer reflection of my true self.

Good to see you! Consider your name changed. If you can put a line in your sig saying it's been changed (and from what) for a while that would be great.

So good to hear from you! We exchanged messages a while back on DeviantArt, but haven't been sure the best way to keep in touch.

I usually check FB at least once a day, so that's a good way to contact me. I'm also fairly active on Discord (due to the fact that both my Final Fantasy XIV guild that I'm an officer in & the Patreon Minecraft server for this one YouTuber I follow both use Discord). I can PM my contact info.

You look good in the pic

Thanks for the compliment: I tend to think I look like an obvious (and ugly) drag queen when I present as female in public. Thankfully that didn't stop me from going to my LEGO User Group's public meeting/event in full girl mode today.

Good to see you! Consider your name changed. If you can put a line in your sig saying it's been changed (and from what) for a while that would be great.

Thanks, Plot, and consider it done. ;)

EDIT: Also, due to the fact that it seems that SoundCloud has disabled downloads on all my music, I'll just link the Music section of my YouTube channel, to see if anyone might be interested in using any of my songs for BGM in Civ III mods, and if so, I'll have to see about trying to come up with both CivIII compatible versions (which I have for pretty much all the older music already) and uploading some kind of music pack to the file database for people to use.

Anyways, check out my music here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZHIH49nibIj767HKAHDiJkuaHD3APYjC

Last edited:
So I have 1 day left of school (usually the other kids will be finished in the 22) I’m going to 11th grade

I finished 10th grade next year ill be a junior but here’s a surprise below

There were no kids in my bus so got here early

Edit@Blue Monkey what you think

Last edited:
chickenx4, you're so young!
I'll have to check that out.
I've been working on a project to generate random worlds, which might possibly interest some people here. Have a look here if you're curious.
Well, it’s either that or work, you know.
For me it's either following your posts or work… *clicks on ‘subscribe’*.

It might come in useful for some of my creative writings. :scan:

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Ozzy. He's still got the same rl stuff going on. Asked me to say hi to everyone.

Also, he wants to pick up work again on his terra fantasia mod. He said that the biq version he has is corrupted & the one in the database is "just a blob" to use his words. If anyone has it & can post it he would appreciate it.

I just wanted to say Hi.
I registered a few years back but have not been playing (Civ III C) for years due to the hole it takes from my life when I do ;-)

I recently got back into it and am trying to remain disciplined about it (Don't tell the wife. She'd laugh so hard it would hurt). I wanted to share that I do a little fiddling with the Save Game file in case anyone is interested either in particular tweaks or, less likely, to see the Excel spreadsheet I use to handle most of the tweaks I do.

In my other life (The RL one), I work in Microsoft Access as a developer and I'm actually a Microsoft MVP who goes to Seattle every year to talk with the Access Team there (or, as we like to call them, the A-Team). I have to admit that I've been very impressed reading about modders who do their investigations and changes in memory itself. That seems darn clever to me. I just analyse the data in the Save Game file and do various changes in there that all seem to make sense and work.

I've recently been congratulating myself on being able to convert a military Great Leader into a scientific one - only to visit this site again for the first time in many years and find that the increase in scientific output is just a convincing mirage :-(

So, my next task is to find a way to ensure that the increase that should have been applied by the code gets applied by my spreadsheet tool instead (It holds data but also runs VBA code to update the file itself).

Well, that and to ensure my RL doesn't go down the pan while I'm focusing on all this stuff :-D

Adrain, any help in improving C3C is highly appreciated :thumbsup: and yes, in my eyes Quintillus is the current C3C adress about doing such improvements. :yup:

Hi ronning :),

will we see something new of your great Civ 3 modding capabilities in the nearer future?

Top Bottom