1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

memory allocation error

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by danielat2, Dec 29, 2008.

1. danielat2

danielat2 Chieftain

I play Civ IV BTS on my notebook for 1.5 year. I always played standard or smaller sizes. but during Christmas time, I could not help myself - I needed to try huge map. I set up the graphic options to Low, and it went well (just much slower), but suddenly - later in the game, when I wanted to save it as usual (the saved file was about 1.1 MB) the game wrote "memory allocation error" and exited to windows.

I am just wondering, if it was due to insufficient graphic card or RAM (obviously, I cannot do anything about graphic card, but I can buy additional RAM). Or if you have any suggestion, how to enhace the NB performance for the game.

The NB specifications are: CPU AMD Turion 64 (2GHz), graphic card nvidia GeForce Go 7300, OS Vista Premium, RAM 2GB.

It was really a good game, I'd like to finish it if possible.

2. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator