Mercenaries

Since you're adding Metal Gear stuff, I have a model for the MSF Sneaking Suit used in my MSF Subsistence mod if you want to use it.

And now to update said mod so it deletes the Diamond Dogs contract, because we don't want other players to be able to hire DDs to fight themselves, eh? :crazyeye:

Maybe replace it with XOF or The Skulls? Or a merc group from Metal Gear Rising: Revengence.

Edit: The Desperado Enforcement LLC. Group.

Since you're adding Metal Gear stuff, I have a model for the MSF Sneaking Suit used in my MSF Subsistence mod if you want to use it.

And now to update said mod so it deletes the Diamond Dogs contract, because we don't want other players to be able to hire DDs to fight themselves, eh? :crazyeye:

Just say those other DDs someone else hired are obviously fakes trying to cash in on the Diamond Dog name, and it's time for you to put them in their place? :p

It seems I have been summoned.

Hm. No issue for me when used in combination with: Piety & Sovereignty, ExCE, and CulDiv. Are there any other mods that anyone knows of from the list in the log file that use TSL?

Or, if DarkScythe is around, what does this error actually mean:

Code:
Error loading tables: checksumOld=970, checksumNew=1121

As for selling your units, it's something I thought about, but quickly dismissed for the work that would be involved. Maybe in the distant future, when I'm looking for something to do.

If you are talking about TLhikan's issues, and the logs he's provided, uh.. holy crap that is a lot of mods. I'm not entirely sure what that error could point to, because I've never seen it in properly functioning TSL setups, and the one time I ran into issues with VV's mods was due to a versioning conflict, when v016 and v014 were loaded at the same time. I believe that error should only occur if you were trying to load a malformed table, or if a table was saved incorrectly (or not at all.)

I don't know that that is the case here, but if you've already tried running it with P&S, ExCE and CulDiv and saw no issues, then at this point it's up to TLhikan to go through his large list of mods, disable all of them, and re-enable them one by one until the issue appears. According to the logs, your TSL issue isn't even the first one -- the first error is an issue involving Reform and Rule.

TLhikan: If you can go through your list of mods one by one and find the culprit, then we may be able to help. Otherwise, I don't think neither JFD nor I have the time or energy to go find every single one of those mods and go through their code to find their TSL code, if any exists.

You could just manually disable DD if you plan on playing as Big Boss. I'd prefer to keep them in, so they can be contracted out while playing as another civ.

TLhikan: If you can go through your list of mods one by one and find the culprit, then we may be able to help. Otherwise, I don't think neither JFD nor I have the time or energy to go find every single one of those mods and go through their code to find their TSL code, if any exists.

There's a lot of things I need to go through my mods for that I'm putting off (For example, when they're all on, the civilopedia doesn't work and promotions are invisible). If I have the time I will and see what seems to be causing it. Thanks!

That sounds like some of the other mods are inherently broken, either by themselves, or in combination with other mods. It's tough to diagnose because there are too many things at play (and I don't have time to go through all that code -- I have my own code to write, after all) so the best course of action is for you to run a test enabling them one by one until you see errors in the logs, or some symptoms develop.

If you discover something specific, feel free to let us know and we can proceed from there.

Good luck!

Oh, I could indeed. Could be a good successor to FL as the standard Merc. unit of the future :D Thanks!

It seems I have been summoned.

If you are talking about TLhikan's issues, and the logs he's provided, uh.. holy crap that is a lot of mods. I'm not entirely sure what that error could point to, because I've never seen it in properly functioning TSL setups, and the one time I ran into issues with VV's mods was due to a versioning conflict, when v016 and v014 were loaded at the same time. I believe that error should only occur if you were trying to load a malformed table, or if a table was saved incorrectly (or not at all.)

I don't know that that is the case here, but if you've already tried running it with P&S, ExCE and CulDiv and saw no issues, then at this point it's up to TLhikan to go through his large list of mods, disable all of them, and re-enable them one by one until the issue appears. According to the logs, your TSL issue isn't even the first one -- the first error is an issue involving Reform and Rule.

Thank you for your audience! At least I can be re-assured that it's unlikely to be an issue of my implementation of TSL again :p

Maybe replace it with XOF or The Skulls? Or a merc group from Metal Gear Rising: Revengence.

Edit: The Desperado Enforcement LLC. Group.

Desperado is essentially a front group for World Marshal, which is already a Civ I've done. Maverick might work better. Perhaps also boss groups like Dead Cell, the Sons of Big Boss, or the Cobra Unit?

From the World of Darkness, there's also Black Eagle. They were basically the human relatives of neo-Nazi werewolves.

@ JFD
Discuss:
is it possible to add these features in to Merc mod:
1, reminder before X turn of the mercenary contract ends;
2, select which city will the mercenary unit appear when opening a contract;
3, refresh the mercenary contract pool every X turn.

I'm guessing that Mercs isn't completely done yet? In the sense that new mercs are introduced in every new era, and old ones are phased out, with unit upgrades having matching flavor text (Still unnerved by MG wielding assassins :3 ). It feels like right now that when a Merc is introduced, it lasts far longer than it should.

@ JFD
Discuss:
is it possible to add these features in to Merc mod:
1, reminder before X turn of the mercenary contract ends;
2, select which city will the mercenary unit appear when opening a contract;
3, refresh the mercenary contract pool every X turn.

1. It should remind you 5~ turns before a contract is about to end.
2. I consider this, but I worry that it would be more of an advantage for the human player over the AI than the system already is.
3. Isn't each era enough?

I'm guessing that Mercs isn't completely done yet? In the sense that new mercs are introduced in every new era, and old ones are phased out, with unit upgrades having matching flavor text (Still unnerved by MG wielding assassins :3 ). It feels like right now that when a Merc is introduced, it lasts far longer than it should.

The contractors are designed to fit within the scope of their historical precedence. The Hashshashins lasting into gunpowdery was a joke, but I've since obsoleted then come the Renaissance. No other contract should really seem out of place.

1. It should remind you 5~ turns before a contract is about to end.

Sorry, I'd ignored that.

-------------------------------------------------------

And, the religious contract cost too much faith that player can't collect, because great prophet will spawn and the faith point will be cleared.

Yes, that's the Maverick I mentioned.

Oh my bad, it's been so long since I've played Rising that I kinda derped on that. Still, as you've mentioned - the series isn't short on PMC's and Security firms, or even special military units to draw from.

The contractors are designed to fit within the scope of their historical precedence. The Hashshashins lasting into gunpowdery was a joke, but I've since obsoleted then come the Renaissance. No other contract should really seem out of place.

If Ubisoft has taught me anything, it's that Assassins would be best served as Privateer replacements :p

By the way, I just noticed that the 'Ban Mercenaries' resolution isn't available at the World Congress. I'm using the latest CP but I've still yet to see it, is there some kind of prerequisite?

@JFD

I'm adding a Religious Contract in the Piety_Contracts.sql.
What should I do if I want to specified the unit of that Religious Contract by a particular unit class rather than a particular combat type, and make it only pick unit from the Eastern culture group?

Bug/Oversight report
CBP removes the "instant heal" promotion, but even with the CBP option enabled, Mercs adds it back.

Edit: and I see this in the lua.log "Runtime Error: C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries (v 2)\Lua/JFD_Mercenaries_Functions.lua:211: attempt to index local 'unit' (a nil value)"

After re-loading a save, I got a messed-up version of the Contracts screen that wouldn't go away. Has this happened to anyone else?

Log-a-log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ormlr6wbci9o4ew/Lua log.zip?dl=0

I had this problem a couple games ago. As for mods enabled, I have:

Cul Div
E&D
MCIS
Dynamic Cultural Overview
Mercenaries (obviously)
Polynesia, India, and Celtic splits
And I was playing Tomatekh/MC's Kongo

I also use EUI and Shuffle Plus map script, but neither of those "load" through the MODS screen.

Top Bottom