merijn_v1

Black Belt
After learning how to convert blender models to nif files (Tutorial), I created a few wonders, initially for RFC Dawn of Civilization. I uploaded them to the forums as well. You can find the links in this thread.

I do take requests. But depending on my scedule, it can take a while before it is finished.

Abbey Mills Pumping Station
Spoiler :

Channel Tunnel (improved version, original model by Kathy)
Spoiler :

Crystal Cathedral
Spoiler :

Gardens by the Bay
Spoiler :

Harmandir Sahib
Spoiler :

Las Lajas Sanctuary
Spoiler :

Menlo Park (Edison's Laboratory)
Spoiler :

Metropolitain (Parisian metro) V2.0
Spoiler :

Silver Tree Fountain (combination of models made by Walter Hawkwood, hrochland and Chamaedrys)
Spoiler :

Tokyo Skytree
Spoiler :

Prambanan
Spoiler :

Kazimierz (Old Synagogue of Krakow)
Spoiler :

Thomaskirche (JS Bach Church) Leipzig
Spoiler :

Chateau Frontenac
Spoiler :

Energy Academy Europe building (Groningen, Netherlands)
Spoiler :

Last edited:
New forest variations.

Download link

Spoiler :

Top row:
New snowy forest 1, new snowy forest 2, default snowy forest (for comparison)
Second row:
Savanna*, default leafy forest (for comparison), bamboo forest
Bottom row:
Tropical forest (leafy and jungle combined), hybrid forest (leafy and evergreen combined)

* The savanna is based on the savanna graphics by Pie. I removed all transparent trees and redundant shadows to fix the disadvantages mentioned in the link.

This is how it looks if Blue Marble is installed:
Spoiler :

Last edited:
Hello. Nice work. I was interested in programs in the tutorial. I'm learning lately with new versions of programs I've used before. The new blender works with .obj format without Python. I could not get export to Nif. Does this mean that Python is required for this operation?

I understand. Thank you for the information. I will try to write it to Neomunkulus and Amorilia from NifTools. I've already communicated with them before, maybe they can give advice.

Awesome, and it's so many already. I hope you keep it up.

I wrote them to them now. Here's the problem that guys with niftools play mainly Skirim and oblivion. It's not fast to convince them that Civilization is also needed.

Maybe some of you already noticed it, I updated the list of new art the last days. New buildings:

V2.0 of Metropolitain (more detail and accuracy)
Old Synagogue of Krakow (Build from scratch, but heavily inspired by the model of hrochland and a few pieces of his dds file is used.)
Prambanan
Thomaskirche/ St. Thomas Church/ JS Bach Cathedral

Nice Château Frontenac!

I would recommend that you make the roof of the main tower the same green color as the rest. It was recently redone, so it has the native copper color as of now, but for the past several decades it had the green patina and it will revert to that color over time. And it would look less jarring.

Even if you prefer the copper color, it would look better if it were less red and more brown.

Last edited:
I created a forest variation pack, with new forest variations used in Dawn of Civilization. See the 2nd post of this thread for more information.

Top Bottom