Michael Jackson dead at 50

We all have dumb superficial ideas about things we don't know. It's quite natural. On the other side, I hardly understand why some of us still express them.

Come on, the guy was totally in a class of his own regarding music. His voice, his sound, his move were all just unique, and will ever be. This is by far more memorable than the fact he looked weird in the end of his life.

I don't know, everyone kinda remembers him as a freak.

We all have dumb superficial ideas about things we don't know. It's quite natural. On the other side, I hardly understand why some of us still express them.

Come on, the guy was totally in a class of his own regarding music. His voice, his sound, his move were all just unique, and will ever be. This is by far more memorable than the fact he looked weird in the end of his life.

Cummon get a grip. He was nowhere as a musician. He was the best performer of his generation and had been a freak show for closer to two decades than one.

The tragegy of how the pretty looking kid became the vampiric nonce is hartrending, but in musical terms he was no Lennon or Hendrix.

At least you are willing to admit he was the best performer of his generation.

But it was far more than that. He was the first artist to successfully transition from the R&B world to pop. He probably inspired more black musicians than anybody else, and much of that was due to his music as well as his talents as a performer. And many of his 28 top 10 singles didn't get to be that way because people simply liked to see him perform. Many happened long before MTV came along.

Probably his greatest trait was that he attracted an audience from so many disparate sources. Everybody listened to MJ. He was always on the radio whether he had a current hit single or not.

He also suffered from both vitiglio and lupus, although the latter was in remission.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemic_lupus_erythematosus

I'm sick of this on the news. Trying to watch the news but it's all about michael jackson. sure, he was an important cultural icon, but there are things going on in the world more important than 1 musician's death. a lot of people still think he's done great music, despite how weird he is otherwise. but it's not like we're not at war. :p

There are many people dying from heart attack daily? Why should we feel specially sorry for Michael Jackson of all people? Because of his music? Do you feel sorry because you lost him as an artist or as a human being? I guess "Human Being" might be stretching it for 21st century Jackson, but you get my point...

The news laps up celebrity news or similar things. John Edwards' affair was more important than Russia invading Georgia.

There are many people dying from heart attack daily? Why should we feel specially sorry for Michael Jackson of all people? Because of his music? Do you feel sorry because you lost him as an artist or as a human being? I guess "Human Being" might be stretching it for 21st century Jackson, but you get my point...

Michael Jackson touched a lot more people with his music and inspired many future generations. He was an African-American figure, as well as a well-known figure to white people. He was one of the first successful crossover acts in regards to R&B and pop music. He was the king of Pop.

This act of "he's just another person" is so stupid and yet we see it every time a celebrity dies. People like this are just trying to be non-conformist, but they end up looking stupid in the process. Celebrities touch people in unique ways and people want to remember them when they die. If you don't care, don't post/read/care. You're not fooling anyone and you certainly are not above anyone else just because you don't care.

Explicitly state what you mean by "At least" in this context.
Why? Do you have difficulty undertanding what I take to be very simple English directed specifically at this comment you made?

Cummon get a grip. He was nowhere as a musician. He was the best performer of his generation and had been a freak show for closer to two decades than one.

I'm sick of this on the news. Trying to watch the news but it's all about michael jackson. sure, he was an important cultural icon, but there are things going on in the world more important than 1 musician's death. a lot of people still think he's done great music, despite how weird he is otherwise. but it's not like we're not at war. :p

I simply don't understand comments like this. Do you think most people are so stupid they can't follow multiple news stories at the same time? That a tsunami, or forest fire, or the death of a celebrity is going to make them suddenly forget that we still aren't even close to catching bin Laden?

If you don't care, don't post/read/care. You're not fooling anyone and you certainly are not above anyone else just because you don't care.

I thought this forum was meant for discussion and different opinions... :rolleyes:

I thought this forum was meant for discussion and different opinions... :rolleyes:

You know, posting "I don't care" in a topic is a waste of a post and the equivalent of non-discussion. If it was encouraged, I would probably have a few hundred more posts.

Why? Do you have difficulty undertanding what I take to be very simple English directed specifically at this comment you made?

You really do have to get rude and nasty about everything dont you.

I just find it terribly dull and so I cant really be bothered to discuss this with you at all. Happy to respond to any other comments though.

You really do have to get rude and nasty about everything dont you.

I just find it terribly dull and so I cant really be bothered to discuss this with you at all. Happy to respond to any other comments though.

It's because Michael Jackson or another man molested him and he likes to defend the abuser.

Last night at the 5 different clubs/ hookah lounges and bars we stopped at they were playing all sorts of MJ remixes.

I have a new found respect for my local djs. Most of the time they aren't doing anything new and every place sounds the same, but on zero notice they mixed MJ into every recent song imaginable.

Top Bottom