Parents beat son to death at church counseling session.

Though Islam doesn't teach punishing or killing children in any such ways. Sins of children, inheriting parent's sins and punishment of minors by such torture and death is exempt in Islamic scripture.
And you think Christianity does?

That is the entire point. You can't blame an entire religion based on the misguided beliefs of some of the adherents no matter how many there are. The problem occurs by thinking some god laid down these rules instead of other humans. That they are actually completely flexible, which is patently obvious because the vast majority of Jews and Christians no longer stone people to death for apostasy, homosexuality and adultery. That this is just as true for Muslims who no longer do so except in the more backward parts of the world.

Of course Christianity does, its in several sections of the bible.

Then I'm sure you won't mind at all posting the passages that tell Christians to torture and murder their children.

I'm sure you can google that, plus I already have done in many such previous discussions.

Oh, and additionally you always say that any such passages were taken from a 'Religious hate site' and simply ignore it as such, maybe why you were unable to remember that it has already been posted.

Providing you with any evidence you ask for is 100% pointless as you always find some inane reason to dismiss and ignore it.

Do your own research, you are capable of doing so.

You made the statement. Now back it up.

Of course Christianity does, its in several sections of the bible.

remembering that time god told israelites to genocide their enemy

From fox news article - wouldn't Intention to kill' make it murder, not manslaughter?

The cops don't hand down indictments. Their statements as to what they believe may have occurred may not be reflected in the actual charges that the da seeks to prove.

Both voluntary manslaughter can have an intent to kill element. Voluntary manslaughter can be intent to kill homicide in the heat of an emotionally charged event. The classic example being a husband comes home to find his wife in bed with another man. He grabs a gun from the bedside table and shoots the other man. He intended to kill the guy, but That the shooting occurred in the heat of the moment would mitigate the charge to manslaughter.

Murder is homicide with malice a forethought meaning, basically, that one planned to kill the victim. If the husband knew his wife was having an affair and came home at that particular time specifically to kill the guy with his pants down then that would be murder.

That's the general rule. I'm not sure of the specifics of NYS law. Other rules, like partial defenses, could also be in play.

Typically the DA will indict for the highest charge that he feels he can prove. The evidence here may be insufficient to justify a murder charge.

I'm not surprised at all. Being unable to live with the crazies who pollute religion is the main reason why I'm not religious.

In other news, I wonder why FarmBoy hasn't been in this thread to rant about almost everyone else.

Moderator Action: That's unnecessary (trolling)
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I'm not surprised at all. Being unable to live with the crazies who pollute religion is the main reason why I'm not religious.

In other news, I wonder why FarmBoy hasn't been in this thread to rant about almost everyone else.

Don't you know that religious fanatics are unfairly treated?

I'm fairly surprised. I know there are crazy people about, but beating your own son to death because you think he's "sinned" is insane, and unusual, imo.

Don't you know that religious fanatics are unfairly treated?

Perhaps. I just don't think my shunning them is unfair treatment. They can shun me too, for all I care.

Brutal beatings that left one teenager dead and his brother seriously injured Monday at a New York church were part of what members considered a "counseling session,"

I'm usually not a guy to push the "eye for an eye" point of view, but in this case perhaps the solution would be to send these idiots to a "counselling session" aka bats to the head

You made the statement. Now back it up.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21King James Version (KJV)

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

And also in the story of Issac and Abraham.

You are jumping to conclusions that these were rebellious sons who were stubborn, gluttonous, and drunkards, not to mention that it specifically mentions Israel.

The same chapter also speaks of atonement for an unsolved murder by breaking a heifer's neck, how to marry a captive woman, and the need to immediately bury those who are killed via capital punishment and stuck on poles.

This is the very sort of silly OT stuff that hardly anybody pays any attention to anymore.

Once again, do you really think Christianity does "teach punishing or killing children" in such ways?

The New Testament is even more brutal than the Old Testament in how to treat a child. God had his allegedly perfect child crucified.

all so people would worship him harder

The New Testament is even more brutal than the Old Testament in how to treat a child. God had his allegedly perfect child crucified.
Who would even want to be a relative of a god after that?

Yet people ignore all that while claiming that Christianity is inherently peaceful and Islam is inherently violent.

This is just so weird and twisted I can't even manage some snark...

Top Bottom