Middle-earth Mod

[BTS] Middle-earth Mod 0.4.1

I have only 2 LH request: Yuri and Kane from C&C universe.
Yuri should be easily modded from Lenin but I don't know about Kane :rolleyes:

Nether of them is urgent for me, just... I want to be the first on your wait list :lol:
Ok you are first on the list but I have no idea when I'll start. ;) I'll let you when I do though. :)

Great work ! I have noted that his hair is gray and short, something that isn't caracteristic for elves. Also, the scenario should be something like a palace or a city in the woods to link him with the woodland realm, but they are just details that can be made later, if you deem necessary.
You'll be happy to know I've fixed Oropher, along with creating one more Leaderhead.

Galadriel has been posted, and I only have one more leader to make: Cirdan.

Spoiler images :

After I release the next update, would anyone be interested if I do a Stories and Tales playthrough? I need to play some test games and I thought about doing a story once I finish the update (I'm aiming for the end of April, but no promises. :mischief:)

Last edited:
Gil-Galad
High King of the Noldor

Gil-galad was an Elven-king
Of him the harpers sadly sing
The last whose realm was fair and free
Between the Mountains and the Sea.

Download
With Gil-galad finished, the update will come after a few more tweaks and the updating of diplo text (so the Leaders have unique things to say).

All the Leaders are now 3D! :D

I will probably release the update this weekend. Won't be "enough" in my mind, but it never is, so I'll release it anyway. :lol:

topsecret updated Middle-earth Mod with a new update entry:

Leaderheads Update

Change Log:
v0.4- 04/22/20 (CURRENT)
- Modified Pierce Promotion
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Reduced the strength of certain civics
- Increased the hammer cost of many units/buildings
- Reduced the power of certain buildings
- Added Tech Quotes
- Updated Leaderheads/Leaders
- Added Certain Diplomacy Text
- New Main Menu Added*
- Small Map Added

*Old one still available in options menu

Read the rest of this update entry...

Enjoy the new update! I have some work to do. A story from Middle-earth will begin shortly (by the weekend hopefully).

May I suggest replacing those "green-screen-letters" title with a more authentic one? Maybe this would look better:
The other main screen has those letters: :)

I chose those letters for this other screen because they replicate the Credits screen font:
rotk2535.jpg

My only concern is the colour, not the font.
Ah. Good suggestion. I can change that easily and will do so for the next update. Thanks.

Hi! The update is very awesome !! Thank you soo much for your work:)
That said I might have few things to suggest:
- the original map hasn't umbar playable. Do you think it's possible to fix it before your release soon to arrive? Also, in the same map the civs don't have any of their initial two technologies.
- in the small one I played a match with the dwarves and I noticed that a) they have the wrong initial technologies b) how about adding one gold resource in the Iron hills or in those behind them? Because one of the main dwarves' Wonders - the endless stairs - works with gold but there are none nearby.

Also I would like to quote a message I posted some time ago with smt I created if you feel like to add it and it's not difficult/time consuming:) especially the modified Durin leaderhead I believe it's quite nice since I added the durin's gate in his background

Thank you very much !!

I've got some updates:

I created new wonders' movies, you can find them in 'middle earth' folder. You should keep that name and place it in 'Beyond the sword-->Assets-->Art-->Movies'. Yes, you read well: not in the mod assets folder but in the original one. Otherwise it won't show anythings - no one knows why. In order to make them comparing in downloaded games you should create a .exe file, which automatically copies this folder into Beyond the sword (like other mods already do, i.e. Dawn of Civilization, PaE..). I don't know if it might interest you, just try by yourself and check if worths it. Another way is to ask users to move manually this folder after downloading. Also you have to:
  • Change the XML file: CIV4ArtDefines_Movie. I've uploaded the new one.
  • insert the Python file CvWonderMovieScreen into Python-->Screens.
both of them has to be inserted in middle earth mod as normally.

Also, i've changed the movies of the Eras, with appropriate middle earth images. Just insert this folder in 'Middle earth (mod)-->Asset-->Art. No more changes are required, unless I would like to create a 'First Era' Movie when the game begins, but I don't know how. If you (someone) want to spend some time in, it would be nice, otherwise cancel the '03- Reinaissance' movie which is useless. Only the first two appear actually.

Finally i've changed Durin Leaderhead background to make it appear more lore-related. It's just a first trial, I might do the same with other LH if it looks nice. Just change Durin folder with the one placed in Asset-->Art-->Leaderheads. If you don't like it, feel free to come back to original one.

always in dropbox cause my pc refuses to upload rar zip 7z and so on

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e2kdnaqeyobs0rz/AAAHv4ZVBeSfiT7LEXBe-Ehda?dl=0

Hi! The update is very awesome !! Thank you soo much for your work:)
That said I might have few things to suggest:
- the original map hasn't umbar playable. Do you think it's possible to fix it before your release soon to arrive? Also, in the same map the civs don't have any of their initial two technologies.
- in the small one I played a match with the dwarves and I noticed that a) they have the wrong initial technologies b) how about adding one gold resource in the Iron hills or in those behind them? Because one of the main dwarves' Wonders - the endless stairs - works with gold but there are none nearby.

Also I would like to quote a message I posted some time ago with smt I created if you feel like to add it and it's not difficult/time consuming:) especially the modified Durin leaderhead I believe it's quite nice since I added the durin's gate in his background

Thank you very much !!
I will look at that soon. My final paper for the semester is coming due so my story is also delayed but I definitely look at Durin and fixing the maps.

I am going to change starting techs so don't worry about that too much. Everything is still pretty flexible. :)

So glad this mod is still getting updated. We were having a difficult time getting multiplayer to work. Any tips?

So glad this mod is still getting updated. We were having a difficult time getting multiplayer to work. Any tips?
What specific errors were you having? Were you playing LAN?

Make sure both the base game and the mod files are identical. If your game files are modified on either system or you both do not have the 3.19 patch, it may not work properly.

What specific errors were you having? Were you playing LAN?

Make sure both the base game and the mod files are identical. If your game files are modified on either system or you both do not have the 3.19 patch, it may not work properly.
I tested LAN this week and I was able to play at least 80 turns. :dunno:

I'm making significant progress on coding artifacts. Be very excited. :D

So far, I can:
Make new promotions with <bArtifact> that cannot be obtained via experience.
Units can now add just XP or just a promotion to another unit.
The game no longer births a random unit that gives XP or a promotion, it must do both to be born as a Great General.

Next up, a project that puts a certain promotion (artifact) on the strongest unit in the city.

Top Bottom