Middle-earth Mod

[BTS] Middle-earth Mod 0.4.1

Something along the lines of this, perhaps?
I don't have access to that music; I got my music from need_my_speed, who did a great job - I have no idea how to do anything audio-related. Good suggestion, though.

Access, as permission to use? Other than copyrights and such, which I have no knowledge about, the rest of the stuff involved music is fairly simple, at least the menu and soundtrack. (That's one of the things I did in my mod, when I was supposed to be changing XML...)
No, I just mean I don't have an MP3 file of it, or have any idea how to get it. I can add the files into the game - I just don't have the files.

Thanks! I will try, though school makes it a challenge sometimes.
..than make sure first that your teachers will say "Good job" too ;)

I also noticed that some of your wonders are actually mountains and so. Did you consider merging and adopting Natural Wonders?

So I was making a map for my mod, and it all was going well, then I saved it, and shut down WB. Forgetting that I had any of the nations placed anywhere, effectively destroying them all. Any ideas on how I can get back to editing that file, without starting all over again?

One thought I had, was I could copy over the details of the map, plots from the save file, to another map of the same size, save file, not sure if that'd work, though.

..than make sure first that your teachers will say "Good job" too ;)

I also noticed that some of your wonders are actually mountains and so. Did you consider merging and adopting Natural Wonders?
Which specific wonders?

So I was making a map for my mod, and it all was going well, then I saved it, and shut down WB. Forgetting that I had any of the nations placed anywhere, effectively destroying them all. Any ideas on how I can get back to editing that file, without starting all over again?

One thought I had, was I could copy over the details of the map, plots from the save file, to another map of the same size, save file, not sure if that'd work, though.

You can use a text editor like Notepad to insert the civilizations, see here.

Which specific wonders?
I just remember the pedia said about two wonders that those are some mountains. I'm not a LOTR expert at all.
Just an idea.

I should have all the text done for the units by this evening/tomorrow. So, I just attach the file to a post on here?
Sure! That's awesome. Thanks for your help. :goodjob:

I just remember the pedia said about two wonders that those are some mountains. I'm not a LOTR expert at all.
Just an idea.
It's a good idea - there's lots of locations in Middle-earth that would qualify as natural wonders. However, those two specific wonders are probably Amon Hen and Amon Lhaw, which had special man-made constructions on them, but were referred to by the hill name. Kind of like the Cracks of Doom was a location, but they were associated with Sauron's workshop. The building and location are almost synonymous.

Said all that to say this: Good idea. I need to write more ideas down. :) The more discussion about the mod, the better!

Hmm, seems I had more units to do then I expected. :p
No rush. My homework has begun and updates will be sparse. I actually have been working on the city lists though. 15 names per civ will help.

On the topic of Great People names, here are a few names I thought up. (Ideas, of course)

(Dwarves)

Anar Longbeard
Regi Stonefoot
Grór Firebeard
Hanar Longbeard
Óri Backlock
Lóni Broadbeam
Flói Stiffbeard

I tried to give titles, matching the meaning of the name, for the Rohirric people. If you like it better without the titles, that works too.)

(Rohirric)

Aldor the Strong
Déorwine the Brave
Fasthelm the Firm
Gléobeam the Kind
Erkenbrand The Noble
Éoman, the Horse One
Éohere the Host
Dernhelm the Protective
Gléowine the Musical
Éadmód the Humble
Ceorl the Free.

On the topic of Great People names, here are a few names I thought up. (Ideas, of course)

(Dwarves)

Anar Longbeard
Regi Stonefoot
Grór Firebeard
Hanar Longbeard
Óri Backlock
Lóni Broadbeam
Flói Stiffbeard

I tried to give titles, matching the meaning of the name, for the Rohirric people. If you like it better without the titles, that works too.)

(Rohirric)

Aldor the Strong
Déorwine the Brave
Fasthelm the Firm
Gléobeam the Kind
Erkenbrand The Noble
Éoman, the Horse One
Éohere the Host
Dernhelm the Protective
Gléowine the Musical
Éadmód the Humble
Ceorl the Free.

Good job! I like the titles.

And now I'm going to be needing a new PC... So, what with me not knowing if my current PC will behave or not, and with when I'll get my next one up in the air, I"ll just upload what I've done so far so that if something happens, you'll still have what I've done.

(On a side note, I noticed we're both Christians.)

Main menu, (only done for one menu in-game)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jxmvoiav28xmx5p/AABysDRswzebtnvzfDe1zy3sa?dl=0

Unit Civilpedia info. (Not all the units, but most.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c30s8qnkbc640dj/CIV4GameText_ME_StrategyCivilopedia.xml?dl=0

Changelog

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxqa8tm2yxmz7iy/Changelist.txt?dl=0
Had to use dropbox, as it wouldn't let me upload files right to here, via 'Upload a File', in the posting settings.

Option to Download is up in the top right corner.

To cull a few dwarven names, you could head straight to the source where Tolkien pulled them from. It is not relayed that he needed to sacrifice an eye for this privilege: https://lrc.la.utexas.edu/eieol/norol/90 (the relevant part begins in the 10th stanza -- Ctrl+F 'dvergar' -- and ends in the 16th stanza; after that comes the story of Ask and Embla.)

I believe that 'Elrond Earendilion' is the correct pattern in which to append '-ion', following the example of 'Anárion' (who was no elf, but his regnal name was Sindarin) and 'Ereinion' (the regnal name of Gil-galad): see http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Gil-galad

Oh look, it lives!

Did I ever get around to adding the Elvish music I created, based on Lord of the Rings and Oblivion? My music really isn't that good, but I suppose it's better than nothing. :p

http://www.filedropper.com/music_19

Top Bottom