Middle-earth Mod

[BTS] Middle-earth Mod 0.4.1

Waiting patiently for new dwarf graphics
Haha that is actually the next project on the list; My old computer is messed up though, so I have to get all my tools onto my new one.

Speaking of dwarf graphics, I've been looking into the dwarf units used in FFH which I presume are the same ones used here. And I can't figure out if and how they are tweaked in terms of skeleton proportions or if it's just a rescaling in the XML to make them small. Can anyone reveal the secrets to me?

Speaking of dwarf graphics, I've been looking into the dwarf units used in FFH which I presume are the same ones used here. And I can't figure out if and how they are tweaked in terms of skeleton proportions or if it's just a rescaling in the XML to make them small. Can anyone reveal the secrets to me?
Well I only have one dwarf unit used so far from Chuggi. I am actually about to investigate that myself.

I estimate 2-3 weeks for me to finish Dwarf graphics. I will also have an answer for PPQ_Purple soon about Dwarf Graphics.I actually think the skeletons really are edited, but if so, it is not that difficult to recreate. I will let you know.

Alright, while I am not 100% sure how FFH does their Dwarves, I have been able to create a relatively simple way to make any unit with Dwarf-like proportions.

EDIT: FFH definitely uses XML to make the Dwarves shorter, and then uses the model to make it stockier, unless that unit has a custom animation. Then the bones might be tweaked.

Step 1: Edit the <fScale> of the Dwarven unit to 80% of the original size.
Step 2: Scale the vertices in NifSkope so that the Dwarf appears broad enough.
Spoiler Image :
ScaleVert.png

Click Scale Vertices on each part of the body's model and edit X and Y to be approximately 1.15. This makes the Dwarf broad enough once you have shortened him in XML.
If you edit the Z Vertices, weird things happened to mine, so I only adjusted the X and Y vertices.

Last edited:
Thanks. You helped more than you could possibly know.

Maybe we should compare notes at some point. I have a whole slew of dwarf units planed for next year, in particular great people, that you might be able to use. Also other fantasy units some of which are even ready to go. You should check out my thread in the FFH forum.

Maybe we should compare notes at some point. I have a whole slew of dwarf units planed for next year, in particular great people, that you might be able to use. Also other fantasy units some of which are even ready to go. You should check out my thread in the FFH forum.
Sounds like a plan. I will be sure to get over there and check it all out. :D

I am starting on my path to making some new dwarf units so you might want to check my thread periodically.

I am starting on my path to making some new dwarf units so you might want to check my thread periodically.
Sounds like a plan. Odds are I will be making a lot too so feel free to use any of the parts. :)

Still working on the dwarves! Never fear, I am 50% done. School started, which is what slowed me down.

Do you need any elves by the way? I am doing those as well since I can't quite figure out the last of the dwarves just yet.

Do you need any elves by the way? I am doing those as well since I can't quite figure out the last of the dwarves just yet.
Not at the current moment except Great People. Do you have any of those?

Yes, dwarven and elven great people are my current focus.

Speaking of great people, does anyone know how to reduce the strength of the glow effects? In particular I want to use the glow from the great prophet for a unit but I want to reduce it's strength so that it does not blot out the whole head.

Top Bottom