Mighty Suryavarman II

We could always just pillage our own horses if needed.

ok it isn't the first time you say this (I think), but I don't know how to do it... last time I checked worker actions i didn't saw there anything suitable.

And I thought that once in our land military troops can't too...

Well maybe have to recheck ;-)

Pretty sure a military unit can pillage it, otherwise a worker can always farm or workshop the pasture. ;)

Not sure I understand wanting to go after Korea. I guess we need to decide on who to attack now since there does not appear to be consensus.

As said, any target will work. I said Korea as it's most contiguous to our lands, but as said I'm also perfectly ok with killing off Mansa. If you strongly prefer Mansa, go for it, I won't complain. :)

I'm going to play this morning. I'll be out most of the day. I'll go for Mansa. I think Just would be good next. We might just avoid the Koreans.

The Good Witch of the South is Dead (wait what!!!...which SG is this :crazyeye:)

I played about 12 turns. I was going to stop last turn when Rifling finished since we could decide what to do about bulbs and Sci Meth, but I was in position to easily take Mansa's last city. Even though we had tons of gold that turn, I ran 0% tax on Steam for the last turn. We have MoM now, so we may want to hold onto 1 GS for a Golden Age. Oh...despite running an engineer and 2 artists, I popped another GS. The NE city needs to grow back a bit and then we can push for an odd GP. When we obsolete TGL soon, then it will lower the odds for a GS. I haven't checked other cities yet though to determine if we might be able to pop one fast with some adjustments. Not sure if Parth is still active.

I made several trades in the early turns. Picked up Econ from Just and Optics from Pacal on the cheap and with a good bit of gold thrown in. I then trade Optics to Wang and Mansa for big chunks of as seen below. At one point I had close to 2500 gold in the bank. Except for the 1 turn I mentioned above at 0%tax, I ran 100% research the whole TS and we still have a lot of gold that we can use to upgrade Curs. Finished Rep Parts, started Rifling, then noticed Biz had steel and we had a lot to offer him, so I put a couple of turns into Steel to get a trade in our favor (see below).

Mansa Trade:

Spoiler :

Wang Trade:

Spoiler :

Pre-attack Mansa trade:

Spoiler :

Biz to War:

At first I thought about putting Biz on Wang's case. There's a couple of reasons I didn't. First, Wang had a pretty good military tech advantage on Biz and with him already having units heading in his direction towards Just, I didn't want Wang to possible quick cap Biz. Second, since I'm attacking Mansa, I figured Biz might help out a bit. I bribed him to war a few turns before attacking so that he would get in position. It worked out well for us.....

Spoiler :

Biz Trade:

I was surprised when Biz got Steel. Figured he was going for Nat or something. This was too good to pass up.

Spoiler :

Djienne:

It took a few turns to get ready to attack. Obviously, I had to get Curs healed and moved from a good distance into position. I felt the best approach was to enter through Biz's land and hit Mansa in the center. Plus, I could shadow Biz's troops. It was less blind than heading straight for Kumbeh. Went I get near Djienne, Biz was already next to the city with a huge stack and he was bombarding and taking hits. I waited a couple of turns before attacking pretty good defense at this point, but did take out several Mali units in the field easily. I suffered only 1 loss taking this city, so it really worked out to save units for the next attacks.

Spoiler :

So, I put the few hurt units into Djienne with the medic. Moved the sentry Cur up to a hill to check out Tim. Tim was decently guarded but I felt we had the units to take it, so I moved all healthy units onto the hill and took Tim the next turn. Quite a few losses on Tim as I did not have the luck I had with Djienne, but it fell and we still had plenty of units and a nice little stack of reinforcements just arriving via Germany.

Next turn I moved into position to take Kumbeh. It fell fairly easily but we took a couple of losses. With Mali culture in the area gone, I was able to move all healthy units into position to take Gao the next turn and fall it did. Mansa had nothing at this point. Last turn I ended Mansa for good as there were some healthy units that could move into position on that last city and it only had 2 LBs.

Other notes:

1) I spread quite a bit of Bud. Only build Temples now.

2) Cap got a grocer which it needed badly. Whipped a grocer in HE city as well and it has grown back nicely.

3) Windmills are built all over

4) Note that Medina has 2 settled GGs. I've started watermills in that city to beef up hammers. We might consider IW there, but may not bother. Regardless, we should max hammers and make it a unit pump city. It had good potential.

5) Biz ended the war between Wang/Just on the second to last turn. I voted no to keep Wang busy, but it was not enough. I actually thought about voting yes, since Wang took a city from Just and I don't want him capped. So really it probably works out for the best. Wang was going to destroy Just like we will next....:D

6) Somehow, that first west Arab city got visited by a barb galley. It had just come out of revolt so there was nothing I could do about it. I did whip a tireme and have the fish netted again. I building a settler for a spot just north to grab the fish.

Overall, I think we should definitely take out Just next. He has some nice shinies and it would clean up our back yard. Wang will be the most trouble by far I think. We can probably take Just and then grab Germany and the Mayans to win the game without bothering with Wang. Of course, we will have to keep tabs on our relations with Wang. Wang got up to Pleased with us, but I had to deny a couple of requests.

As for tech, I don't think we really need much. Probably Sci Meth and Physics for airships should be more than enough to clean the map.

I think we are fairly ok on troops for Just. I'd build/whip a few more Cavs to be sure and then we an pillage horse to build some WEs.

Attachments

• SG Survyaman II AD-1350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    264.9 KB · Views: 86
Thanks for the TS L.

Looks really great.

We are blocked from war with Justy for 9 turns though, that means 1 whole TS.
i almost think we should upgrade all cuirs (28x50g needed) and wipe the floor with Bismarck.
I love the fact he is friendly with us, should be punished for foolishness.

WK is dangerous...

But will wait what thinks Nocho since he is the one who will play. Justy is imo not going anywhere...

btw WK is spiking with power... and we have 3rd biggest army only... Biz probably is before us.

Frak...I forgot that the AP vote forces peace treaties, even when you are not at war with the dude. BS!

Well, that makes things interesting.

Biz has a sizable stack probably somewhere between Dortmund and Berlin by now.

I hate to take out Biz yet since we can bribe him into war. Wang is strong, but we could take him. Pacal would be cake. I guess it doesn't matter though.

We should use that sentry Cur near Byz to scout around for Wang's stack. He may have a bunch in that old Byz city. We might be able to neutralize that stack and then Wang is toast.

declaring on WK and bringing in Bismarck looks like another interesting possibility :).

We need some rifles in the east though, that one is clear ;-)

Am I up again? I'm also up in SGOTM, so this may take some days. Or not, if I can squeeze it in somewhere... From here Justy would indeed have been most logical next target. I'm split between Biz and Wang now. Though I'm not against a quiet turnset waiting to declare on Justy either, gives some time to get those WEs and further build up a monster army for whomever we take on after Justy.

well ororo is long ago away. Rusten doesn't seem to be in mood (is he even visiting).

Well in theory we could ask Cam for another TS ;-), but I think you're up and we can wait a day or two or three or four :).

As for quiet TS... 10 turns of free research for AI's imo and that is not good thing with this light (too light) tech advantage.

Yep...we have cavs and need to take advantage of it. No AIs are close to rifling as of yet

Yep...we have cavs and need to take advantage of it. No AIs are close to rifling as of yet

couple of them can go for RP though...so basically just 2 techs for them to get rifles and at this point it can be <10 turns researched.
Call me paranoid on this, but the term 'magic rifles' didn't appear out of the blue for no reason.

That's IF they go for RP. It's not a given and we still have a monopoly on it. I think it is more than 10 turns, at least for everyone but Wang. Issue is if Wang goes for it, but he's not really friends with anyone.

I mean...what do we do? We have an advantage now...let's use it...and with mounted things go quick. Once I started the war with Mansa it lasted like about 6 turns. It em fast and hard and use forks as much as possible.

It actually may be best to hit Wang before he gets to hard, although like I said, we may never have to fight him in order to win. The rest of the AIs are easycakes and they should not get Rifling any time soon.

we are in agreement L I think. nocho was the one mentioning quiet TS.

We just can't use cavs against Justy that's all. let's use them against Biz or WK. If WK then buy Biz into war probably.

It's 5 days already... how it looks with you nocho?

maybe someone else has to take over (well since it seems me and L are the only active... that would be me, except if some volunteer jumps in ofc)

Sorry, I've been rather busy lately, so my very scarce civ time went to sgotm. I should be able to play a set somewhere before the weekend ends though, if that's still okay with you. So basically bash Korea and bribe Biz along, was it?

Just a thingy, I noticed Biz is friendly towards Wang, so I think he's not bribeable. Do we still want to go for Wang in that case? It does look like the easier path is conquering Germany, then Byzantium and if needed Pacal, leaving Wang do his Wangy business meanwhile... Oh, in case we do go for Wang, is it a save assumption that his stack is near/at the city he conquered from Justinian? I take it we want to take the SoD out before actually moving towards any cities.

Top Bottom