Militia Defense

Well it would certainly be possible to adapt this as a UA, but I don't plan on doing that. I think users prefer to have a mod that affects every game. That said, you are free to use this mod in any way you like!
Thanks, FA!
Now I just have to figure out, how. ;)

This applies to the AI players as well correct? If I go to war with another civ, I'll need to factor in them raising a militia!

This applies to the AI players as well correct? If I go to war with another civ, I'll need to factor in them raising a militia!

Yep! Though there is a user option (in the lua file) allowing you to disable militia for human player. I use this mod because the AI is terrible at using units, and since I'm not it seems unfair for me to get even more units when the AI invades.

Sorry for necroposting, great mod!! Im trying to understand the mechanics. I´m want to add some towns that pops more militia than normal improvements

should i use this variable?

ALTER TABLE Improvements ADD MilitiaRate integer DEFAULT 0;

and make something like this? in wich range of numbers should i work 1,2 or more?

<Row>
<Type>IMPROVEMENT_VILLAGE</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_VILLAGE</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_VILLAGE_TEXT</Civilopedia>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_VILLAGE</ArtDefineTag>
<PillageGold>30</PillageGold>
<DefenseModifier>10</DefenseModifier>
<PortraitIndex>32</PortraitIndex>

<MilitiaRate>2</MilitiaRate>

<IconAtlas>TERRAIN_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
</Row>

Thanks in advance

Greetings! To @FramedArchitect - this mod is very good!

I'm working on a mod that needs some similar capabilities (about a 75% overlap). Would it be OK with you if I incorporate some of the features from this mod? I'll be sure to give proper credit.

Thanks in advance!

sman1975

Thanks, @whoward69! But, recently I received a rather churlish note from a modder from whose work I had the temerity to reuse a single icon. The note demanded I remove said icon and republish my mod. Then he/she/it gave my 'World at War' mod a one-star rating (it's 5 stars on Steam with 270+ ratings)....

So, to be safe, I generally try to send a notice to anyone who's content I'm "recycling." If they respond, that's nice, but if not, it isn't impacting my development schedule... :mischief:

Just trying to keep on peoples' good sides, if at all possible... :)

If the mod has been uploaded here (and not only to the Steam hub), then you don't need permission, only a credit. If they want to make you remove the icon, the answer is "remove it from CfC then"

Top Bottom