1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Lag on unit movement map icons

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by ZartekMattlov, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ZartekMattlov

ZartekMattlov Chieftain

Hi Folks,

Been playing the game happily for years but recently I've encountered a problem where every time I move a unit or click a map icon like shows resources the game freezes for about 5-10 seconds. As you can imagine this is making the game somewhat unplayable.

I've tried several things to correct the matter, changing sync input to 1, reinstalling the game, verifying cache, updating graphics drivers, moving the game to my SSD hard drive, clearing cache, disabling anti virus but unfortunately nothing seems to be working.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Zartek

2. anarchywrksbest

anarchywrksbest Chieftain

Any help for my good friend here would be appreciated. We've recently started playing a lot of Civ4 again, and I don't want to go outside...

ZartekMattlov likes this.
  3. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Requested move to Tech forum. I recommend providing the specs of your system. This is not a bug. So it is either a system issue or an install/setup issue.

Also, list any installed mods you are using or playing. Single Player or Multiplayer?

Multiplayer could be a whole other bag of worms.

4. ZartekMattlov

ZartekMattlov Chieftain

Happens in both single player and multiplayer, with and without mods. Thanks

5. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff