• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Mini Mafia: Sacrifice of the Archaeologist

Well, I wasn't sure whether my information meant that we should go there, or that we should not go there.

Who are you, atheotes, and which room was mentioned? PM me if you must.

Actually you are right. I have totally misunderstood it.
What you and i have are player related info and NOT room related info.
The leader wants to go to the temple and the translator wants to go to the tombs.

We have four people who apparently want to go to four rooms, the doctoral student who knows that Nicolas Cage is innocent, the X (Joan, who are you?) who knows that the student is accurate and three other pieces of information. Snerk claims that it's a choice between temple and palace, but that still leaves no info from Lohrenwald or Takhisis.

I'm not sure what to make of all this, now.

Takhisis is here. :wavey:

Also, Takhisis disagrees with going to the Astral Room. Proven townie Zack warned againt it.

x-post edit: how do you know he is lock town, Mat?

Takhisis is here. :wavey:

Also, Takhisis disagrees with going to the Astral Room. Proven townie Zack warned againt it.
Hello! Time to pool the knowledge. What's your role and starting knowledge? And what exactly did zack say about astral room?

unvote

Jarrema is lock town.
Why? And don't say it's another secret.

1. Atheotes 1 of 4
2. Mat93 1 of 4
3. JohannaK claimed ability
4. Takhisis
5. Arakhor close enough lock town, 1 of 4
6. Jarrema lock town, 1 of 4
7. Snerk claimed ability
8. Zack dead town, ability known
9. Lohrenswald dead town, unknown ability

Johanna looking scummy by lack of better choice here. Roleclaim and info claim by Takhisis would be good right around now.

So, these four people were heard to know something about each room, except of course we don't know any specifics.

My probabilities earlier assumed unconnected choices. Since the probabilities flow sequentially, on Day 1 there is a 50/50 chance of the scum gaining one artefact, and on Day 2, we have a 1 in 6 chance of losing or a 1 in 3 chance of the scum gaining neither artefact, with a 75% chance and 100% of defeat on Days 3 and 4 regardless.

Arakhor, did Jarrema claim his full info and his role name to you?

Takhisis, please additionally claim your role name. Same way as other info is fine.

We should be able to lock this today.

Ability hinted, ability claimed, ability is confirmed by other people's abilities being similar (i.e. place/person).

@Takhisis/Snerk
Why would this entail a town lock though?

So this is what I got. Feel free to fill in the blanks and/or correct any mistakes.

Player - role - starting game knowledge

1. Atheotes - The Entomologist - Leader (?) to Temple
2. Mat93 - The Financier - Handyman (snerk) to Palace
3. JohannaK - ?? - The Doctoral Student (zack) knows someone is innocent
4. Takhisis - ?? - ??
5. Arakhor - Nicolas Cage - The Translator (?) to Tombs
6. Jarrema - ?? - Someone(?) to Astral Room
7. Snerk - Handyman - Temple/Palace, one empty one with scum item
8. Zack - The Doctoral Student - Cage (arakhor) is innocent
9. Lohrenswald - The Curator -??

Remaining roles:
The Photographer
The Leader
The Translator

Why would this entail a town lock though?

3 abilities for the 3 other rooms. Hence his claimed ability exists. Only other possible person who could of had that ability was Lohrens. He made the hint D1, before anyone else had even suggested role info of that sort in thread. So either he made up that fake claim at the very start of the game, and got extremely lucky on the D1 lynch choice, which was only because of events after his hint. Or hes being honest and is town.

It is a logical deduction that Jarrema is not lying.

Also I made an error in a PM. Takhisis was pushing Lohrens lynch D1, not Snerk's. My bad.

In my correspondence with Tak he suggested that going to the Temple would give him a clue. And he said he knew for certain that people can get different abilities depending on what room they're in.

Not sure what to make of that.

Mat: nice find! but where does this fit in with you being 85% sure that Palace has scum item??

Really? So Takhisis has told you all this, but not mentioned anything in thread? That sounds... odd.

Really? So Takhisis has told you all this, but not mentioned anything in thread? That sounds... odd.
Not really. Just re-reading my pm's. This was early game when none of us had any idea how to interpret the clues.

Mat: nice find! but where does this fit in with you being 85% sure that Palace has scum item??

That was before more info came in. I.e. I thought my info was semi unique, whereas its the case that theres some for every room. So is no longer accurate.

vote: JohannaK

Vote Tally:
Takhisis - 1 - Snerk
Snerk - 2 - Jarrema, atheotes
JohannaK - 1 - Mat93

Room Tally
Astral Room - 3 - Snerk, Mat93, Arakhor
Palace - 1 - JohannaK

I believe thats accurate.

Colour me confused. If it's not my constantly messing up the probabilities (either way, if if we mess this lynch up, we're probably screwed!), then it's the kerfuffle over what our respective lore means, if anything.

Top Bottom