Misc. CIV5 + GK Bugs

AndyWiltshireNZ

Chieftain
Just a few interface bugs to report.

Running: Clean Civ5 + GK with no other mods (Just latest UP/VE + Cleared all cache and user data etc before starting)
Playing: China, Small Map, Continents Plus, King, Marathon, Raging Barbarians

1. Hovering over the Shrine and Monument on the production screen = tooltip just says 'Error!'
2. When I met my second Civ - it didn't show in the Diplomacy screen until I minimized and maximized it again - City States were also showing incorrectly (not separated from civ list and had red relations bar permanently)
3. Around 1300BC Barbarian Icons stopped working - the barbarians would spawn but the icon was way out in undiscovered land
4. Ululu Natural Wonder supposedly gives Faith - but the hover tooltip only shows +2 food - turning yields on shows the faith

Hope that helps.

I get the same error with the shrine in v9.

Is it still important to clear the cache folder when using G&K and workshop?

I've gotten this a few times in my game. In the the attached lua.log, all buildings are missing their costs, and the shrine and amphitheatre and other buildings are missing pretty much everything. This affects the building tooltips in the production menu, purchase menu, and the tech tree. I ended the turn before quitting.

Reload fixes it each time (without need to clear the cache or restart the game), but it happens randomly about 1 in every 25 turns, even if cache is cleared.

I have a city near a faith wonder yield (display is right, didn't check the tooltip). It is giving faith as it should, but perhaps faith NWs being visible or in civ's borders are causing the problem?

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 69
Thank you for that lua.log file headcase, it was very helpful! Could you set this value in your config file please:

\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini
EnableLuaDebugLibrary = 1

Then post your lua.log again when the problem happens. That will give more details about the error message I saw.

Fertility Rites ( pantheon belief ) do nothing with CIVUP --- what a shame :(

Building wonder like Temple of Artemis may bring the 10 % food from religion on the city screen, but it still isnt added.

My city produce 12 food and get +10% from TofA and +10% from F Rites with a total of 13.2 where is should be 14.4. Its not just display bug, as my city isnt getting that extra food it should.

Other then that i got like 1 milion and one bugs to report... But that can w8.

Update: Upon further testing it maaaaaaay be just VISUAL bug. Given how about everything related to display is bugged atm that indeed could be the case + the fact it was difficult to see on size 4 city.
If anything, the food display is buged and thats still worth reporting ;p
Update2: No matter how much i stare at the food progres, any % bonus to food from religion seems to do nothing.
Phew thats really game breaking as my whole food based religion is useless :/

Well i kind of posted about it already, but cant get it off my head.
Lets make a new thread to make sure that Thal read it.

So like i was saying - or emm typing emm writing emm w.e - the civup screwed up some of the religion benefits that add % of food. Im not really sure how it works, but maybe - just maybe - it is related to yield library. Something in civup that affect yield modifiers and isn't updated for religion. Something like that. Well if i know the solution i would not be posting here anyway so...

GL Thal, always happy to give u more work :D

I put some work into fixing this in v13. If you notice something not showing up, please post the exact bonus and what it should be saying. That will help a lot in tracking it down. :)

Still same. Religion based % food bonus simply dosnt work. Its not displayed in city screen and no extra food is added. There are two religion food "boosters" if i can call it that way.
One is from pantheon belief and should add 10% food in all cities, second is religion follower belief that adds 15% food when not in war. Both works fine in "vanilla" G&K, but not with CIVUP.
Cant get any lua logs on that - maybe im doing something wrong... dunno.

Top Bottom