Miscellaneous Potential Bugs (Rising Tide)

Risch

Chieftain
Definite bugs...
  • "An agreement with _____ for ______ is available," but proposing it to the AI gets immediately declined. Why make it available if they're not interested? Also, why can't I change the terms of the agreement? What happened to "what will make this agreement work?"
  • Why can't I make peace? Why are peace terms outrageous, predetermined, and locked? Taking one city boosts your war score so high that the terms demand all AI cities, no wonder they won't / can't accept.
  • Gene Vault provides you with a free Worker every time you capture a city; I guess the game thinks a captured city is a 'new' city?
  • Ultrasonic Fence no longer removes aliens from your territory, now only 'strongly discourages' them (with a lower chance if your relationship with them is poor). Why this change? What if I don't want to attack them? I just have to suffer them taking up every tile of land in my territory? Also, this doesn't stop them from actively blockading my cities every turn. Does this not work on aquatic aliens?
  • Cities that are connected by roads still insist their connection to the capital is broken if blockaded by aquatic aliens.
  • If a researched technology results in an affinity upgrade, the audio for the technology is ignored and the affinity upgrade audio is played instead. The audio is then repeated on the following screen which announces the affinity upgrade.
  • General Vadim Kozlov introduces himself as "General Kozlov Vadim Petrovich". Whoops.
Probably not bugs, but weird...
  • Even when you're at war with an AI player, you'll still get 'atta boy' messages that indicate small increases in respect. Probably working as designed but seems odd I'm getting cheered on while I'm kicking their butts.
  • "Beyond Boundaries" quest (choose either trade convoys no longer are attacked by aliens, or Ultrasonic Fence range +1) seems like a one-sided choice now that the Ultrasonic Fence doesn't repel aliens at all.
  • Aquatic cities that are land-adjacent can be attacked by land units. This feels weird. Similar to how I can drive boats into a coastal land city and take it over.
  • What is the point of the aliens? Every game I've played so far, they are completely wiped out by turn 100, and the AI mocks me for not being more aggressive with them. What's going on? What purpose do they serve anymore?
  • Browse All Potential Agreements populates a list of agreements, but if you're maxed out on agreements, the leaders will just say "don't waste your time, we're not dealing with you" instead of something that points out to the player that they can't establish any more agreements until they get rid of one. Would make more sense to have the agreements page greyed out with a superimposed text box saying something to that effect, it's pretty confusing otherwise.
Things I'd like to see changed...
  • Winning the game plays a video, which is a nice improvement, but doesn't provide a final score? How do I know how well I did? How about how well I did compared to previous attempts in this difficulty? Against my all-time plays? Some kind of feedback would be nice here.

Not sure if it was a bug or working as intended but I had many cities without improved resources with the ability to produce structures that require them anyways.

Ex. A city that can build an alloy foundry that doesn't have titanium mine nor titanium at all in it's borders.

Anyone else seen this?

I don't know if this was as a result of resources that were coming in from trade routes. Will have to pay attention to when I notice this.

I assume it is a bug as it was pretty game breaking. Toward the end it was as if any city could build any thing it felt like and the stacking bonuses were stagering.

Not sure if it was a bug or working as intended but I had many cities without improved resources with the ability to produce structures that require them anyways.

Ex. A city that can build an alloy foundry that doesn't have titanium mine nor titanium at all in it's borders.

Anyone else seen this?

I don't know if this was as a result of resources that were coming in from trade routes. Will have to pay attention to when I notice this.

I assume it is a bug as it was pretty game breaking. Toward the end it was as if any city could build any thing it felt like and the stacking bonuses were stagering.

Are those cities trading? If you recieve strategic resources from another city via External Trade Route it counts as "being in the territory".

Are those cities trading? If you recieve strategic resources from another city via External Trade Route it counts as "being in the territory".

Yeah, I think it's trading. I came here to report this exact bug. It's absolutely silly and I hope Firaxis fixes it in the upcoming hotfix and not waiting 3+ months. I can only hold back the desire to cheese for so long man!

Btw, has anybody encountered an error where aquatic cities did not connect to your land-capital (despite it being on coast?)

I'll update more as I see them...
  • "An agreement with _____ for ______ is available," but proposing it to the AI gets immediately declined. Why make it available if they're not interested? Also, why can't I change the terms of the agreement? What happened to "what will make this agreement work?"

• I'm playing my first RT game and this is annoying the heck out of me. Every turn my economic advisor is telling me I should make an agreement with Al-Falah, but she turns me down whenever I propose it. And of course I have no idea what I might be able to do to make her more amenable to the idea. I already spent diplomatic capital to improve our relationship one level up from neutral, but the deal should have been available at the base level too.

Another verry anoying bug is a grafic glitch that make the map reload the textures making the terrain go black/grey all the time, looks like

An old bug is back in a new form! Quests, or at least good old Familiar Exotics, can be rendered unfinishable due to demanding an unbuildable building!

No I cannot build a Vivarium in Jeongsang game. Jeongsang is, more or less by default, aquatic. Vivariums can only be built on land.

Btw, has anybody encountered an error where aquatic cities did not connect to your land-capital (despite it being on coast?)
Yes, this is a persistant, reproducible, still-active bug which I have never not seen in my Rising Tide play. Aquatic cities simply do not get connected to the land capital, even when the capital is on the coast and the aquatic cities are just off the coast.

Yes, this is a persistant, reproducible, still-active bug which I have never not seen in my Rising Tide play. Aquatic cities simply do not get connected to the land capital, even when the capital is on the coast and the aquatic cities are just off the coast.

In my first game, my aquatic city connected to the capital, so maybe INTEGR which I was playing is able to do that :lol:

Not really a bug to report, but a typo, perhaps....

There's a quest popped up in my first game called 'POINT OF NO RETURN NULL'.

That's an odd name - I was wondering if the 'NULL' part was meant to be a string terminator which was wrongly interpreted? (perhaps missing a control character, slash or something?)

Point of No Return Null has sadly been a bug since vanilla that was never fixed. There's a bunch of them that still exist in RT, including the persistently running Explorer, etc.

Here are a few bugs I've encountered:

1) (This bug may be just poorly implemented, and not a bug per se)The "Nostalgia Trip" quest chain does absolutely nothing after you send your covert agent to the specified city (in my case, it was Al Falah's captial, Ard). The second sequence is broken; in the quest chain description, it explains that the rebels are in a station nearby, and that I should raid it, but gives no description/guidance as to which one (there are three stations near Ard) or whether or not I have simply have to attack one of the stations or raze them.

2) Sending a covert agent to a different civ's city and performing "Establish Network" does not display the report for that city's yield/production/agent presence as it did in vanilla BE.

3) The sound effect for pillaging will continue to loop after the tile's city it was connected to is razed and your units have sight (i.e. no fog of war) on that tile. This sound will also play when you scroll away from the pillaged tile, and then scroll back to it. It seems to do this regardless if the pillaged tile is within your borders or not.

Another bug:

The "technology discovered," completed expedition, and built wonder toasts all prematurely appear before the cycle of other entities turns completes. I receive both of the toast pop-up usually on the Minor Powers turn, and it'll hang there with no voice-text until my turn begins.

Top Bottom