Missing animals and tribal villages

Crusis

Warlord
Hi all,

In v31 I had no issues, but in v32 (which crashed all the time) and v33 (which is stable) I am missing animals and tribal villages. Goodie islands as well.

I don't have divine prophets or limited religions on, that was the issue sometime way back in the mid v20s, but that's not the case here.

Anyone else having that problem? At first I thought they were just removed, but since I can still train animal related skills or build animal related buildings (hunting instructor for example) I think they're missing by accident.

Anyone else have this problem or have an idea for fixing it?

I'm nearly 100% sure that didn't happen, but I'll restart a game and see. Otherwise, it's back to v31 for me. :(

Both of those are set as you suggested, I can see them from the menu to the right when the map is being built. But they're not an option on my game options menu when I start the game.

They're set that way, but no way for me to set them otherwise.

Here are pix of what I see as options when I start the game. It will only let me post three images, so the next post will have the fourth.

Attachments

• civ1.jpg
    civ1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 61
  • civ2.jpg
    civ2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 56
  • civ3.jpg
    civ3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 115
4th image... and the first image because I lost it in the mix.

While I'm mentioning it, Planet Generator doesn't save its settings between games, and SOMETIMES, but not all the time, BUG doesn't either. Is that normal?

Attachments

• civ4.jpg
    civ4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 39
  • civ0.jpg
    civ0.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 65
It took me a while to fix this, because I'm not a programmer in any sense of the word.

In the CIV4GameOptionInfos XML file located in the GameInfo folder which is itself in the XML folder of your C2C installation, you will find the source of the problem I had. I no longer have it, because I edited this file.

You'll see this text:

-<GameOptionInfo><Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIANS</Type><Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_BARBARIANS</Description><Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_BARBARIANS_HELP</Help><bDefault>0</bDefault><bVisible>0</bVisible>

On my copy of C2C the last line is (was) set to 0, and I changed it to 1. I did the same for villages.

-<GameOptionInfo><Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_GOODY_HUTS</Type><Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_GOODY_HUTS</Description><Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_GOODY_HUTS_HELP</Help><bDefault>0</bDefault><bVisible>0</bVisible>

Change the <bVisible>0</bVisible> to <bVisible>1</bVisible> on both settings, and you'll get your goody huts and animals back.

If you play a Civ game with a different mod you may get the settings from that mod. The best way to reset to C2C settings is to start a "Play Now" game then exit start a "Custom Game".

That doesn't really make sense to me, since I had to edit this file in the C2C folder. The only other mod I ever play is FFH, and that is extremely rare. I certainly haven't played it since I installed this version of C2C.

It's fixed now, however. :)

Top Bottom