[MOD] Age of civilisations (BtS)

What's 1.01 got that wasn't in 1.0 ??

BTW I started a game as Darius. I had 4 dye in my BFC !! That's a lot of commerce , but ... The game randomly disallowed me from careful harvesting :eek: No dye for me .

Hyuana was bounding ahead of everyone probably because of the early commerce boost of financial.

I agree that this feature will make for big variety later in the game.

See top of thread for added features, mice.

Bad luck for the dye, :-(. But you could still exchange techs with other civilisations....

I am really looking forward feedback to add new technologies, and stuff like that....

Have you corrected the problem of Cartographers Guild ?

Because i get an extravagant percentage like 4516952679 percent

No problem, i got a screen to prove it with 1.02 version :(

I am affraid by this detail who spoil the game, you should check your XML for this building...

Its perhaps that you have passed over the limit of mathematic extremes

Example in 16 bits from -32768 to 32767 is the range of numbers ;)

Anybody know that :mischief:

Attachments

• Bug.jpg
    Bug.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 226
I don't have this problem, Lachlan. This building is not configured to have any foreign trade incomes change. It may be due to your configuration.

OK, i run on Vista and you ?

First of all, the core idea is innovative and quite interesting.

I gave it a trial and I was going very well especially when I paid attention to dwellings. I gone through the first punch techs available for me then ??? No techs to research? The tech tree is disconnected i.e. next techs are inaccessible because no techs lead to them. Is it a bug or there is something that I don't know?

Did you research all the available techs?
In this mod, you won't go through the ages like a vanilla game.

My idea is to develop the variety of civilisations up the early gunpowder era. I have always been fascinated by the difference between civilisations, and try to make a mod where two civilisations cannot be the same in the end game, contrary to a vanilla game, where two civilisations will end up being the same.

Chinese discovered gunpowder way before the europeans, but made fireworks out of it, or very crude rockets, while europeans made basic rifles.... So in my mod, "gunpowder" would be define through 3 technologies: "fireworks", giving a bonus to happiness, "rockets", leading to basic siege units, and "early guns", leading to , well, early guns units...

Has I wrote, this is a concept of civilisation, but I do think it is quite playable ^^

Enjoy and take care.

Been playing it and truthly it is an AMAZING mod, by far the best mod ive played. Good work.

Here are a few suggestions:
-Medic and First Aid should be combined
-Tooth Care, Surgery and Medic all have the same basic outline for its building +1 happiness and +1 health, however, surgery also provides +15% unit healing in the city, therefore i believe that Dentistry should provide an extra thingy aswell, either +2 Happiness instead of +1 or increasing commerce by +5% in that city, Medic if combined with First Aid shouldnt get anything however if it is not then it should definatly provide +2/+3 health in that city...
-Certain techs are useless without other techs, therefore i believe certain techs should be chained together.... for example agriculture allows you to build farms, however at the same time there is another research which allows Desert Farms, Hill Farms and things such as, i therefore believe all those should be chained together, agriculture coming first... ofcourse you could still randomly loose access to any of those researches, agriculture should therefore be impossible to loose access to. Also the two crafting researches at the bottom should be joint, on their own their kinda worthless and id personally never research it when there are all those other things.
-Finally advancing in the later era's would make the game PERFECT... :)

I know what i say probably defies the purpose of this mod but its only an idea, and the reason for it is that some techs are just useless without others.

Great mod btw :)

SO far I'm enjoying myself with one small complaint... I've had a forest fire for a good portion of the game. I'm at turn 146 of n Epic game, and I've had no less than 8 fires. It's wiped out all my forests! This has been the only random event that's happened to me as well...

Ok ive now played it around 10 times... And ive figured out how to beat your system... lol, GREAT MOD.
Spoiler :
THE EASIEST WAY TO WIN IS IMMEDIATLY GO FOR THESE TECHS IN THIS ORDER:
-Minerals (revealing gold/silver/copper/iron/etc.)
-Jewlerry Crafting (Allows you to build the jewellery crafting building... BUILD EM AND BUILD EM FAST)
-Mining
-Agriculture
-Farming
and then your safe for the rest of the game...

A few suggestions:

-More diverse troops (the troops selection currently is very little, spears and pikes are almost exactly the same and horse riding is useless cause u get chariots who are better already)

-Less complicated troops (reading all that -10%this +10% that for EVERYTHING is annoying, instead what you should do is give every troops like one or two advantages... researching spears will give ya spearmen, spearmen should have +25% City Defence, +50% Mounted.... researching archery will give ya archers, archers should have ranged attacks (up to two squares away), plus should have +25% City Defence.... a new research should be THE AXE, axemen should have a simple +50 vs Melee units like they already do... researching the sword (if added that is) would provide a +25% vs melee +25% attacking forest and +25% attacking cities.)

Anyways the point being that the troops u have are extremely saturated your warriors are more then plenty to beat anything really, cause they have the same strength and they dont have any disadvantages or advantages, so wenever i played i always saw that all i needed were chariots (for the wars) and warriors (for the defence) plus very little group of scouts (to scout obviously).

-MORE... i know this is its beggining stages of the mod (and it is an amazing mod) but it takes like 1 hour of gameplay before youve researched everything you can... an idea ive had is that you could chain things to different researches... so when you select your primary research youd have to be very careful cause then your gonna loose out on a lot of techs... OR you could do phases, after youve completed the first bunch of research (first collum) you could move on the second collum which would have the exact same style of research.

-Same as troops you need to include more diverse and more unique structures... some structures (and techs) are completely useless due to the fact that there are MUCH better techs and building which have the same effects plus more... e.g. the monument is useless cause you could easily research stargazing and get the monuments without having to research monuments, its also useless cause youve got libraries and arenas which are much better.

-Improvements, once more some improvements are almost completely useless... desert farms for example provide +1 food for that tile and consumes the unit however normal farms produce +2 food and dnt consume, and can both be built on deserts making desert farms a useless thing, i think desert farms should provide +3 food (remove capability to even build farms on desert) and not consume the unit, farms in deserts do actually provide LOADS of food... which is weird. However, it should require that you have researched agriculture to build them.
You could also add some similair improvements to other terrains.... Ice and Tundra in specific (the most useless two pieces of terrain) which with some kind of research you could possibly turn the two into extremely resourceful terrains.

Anyways... overall the mod is GREAT, recommend to everyone its truly unique and amazing. Nice work Cromcrom. :goodjob:

@ MistroPain Dude, I hadn't check the thread, because I thought people had no interest in my mod ^^.

I really appreciate your constructive comments, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Bring in the techs Ideas. It doesn't have to be totally historical techs, you can send in some whatifs.

The point with some techs being almost the same is for your civilisation not to be stuck, and to be able to really specialize in some fields. But I will really take into considerations.

There really need to be some balancing in the techs.

As for the units, I am a figurine player and try to make more realistic units. For example, pikes SHOULDN'T fight in forest, and light cavalry was not very powerful, but quite hard to catch.

Although I am on an entirely new project (dealing with NWN2, a rpg), I will have a look at the mode. Thank you very much for your considerations.

Take care.

This is a really fine mod.
I love the concepts, still have to play more with it, but it's a great idea to have techs allowed and techs blocked as you research others.

Top Bottom