• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[MOD] Age of Discovery II

I have been playing ver 1.09 for quite awhile. So I thought I knew how to start the Mod. :) But you never know. I just don't show any of the old or new options after installing 1.10. No scenarios. No new civs. Just the standard civs.

Hey,

My issue is when I go to Europe (playing as one of the new Civs). After I load my boat back and hit sail to New World, the small box that comes up and allows me to guide the boat back to whatever colony I want it to go to is blank. I can't pick anything. It seems to only be happening with the added on Civs. Is there another way to send my boats back or is this some sort of bug? Any help would be appreciated as this is an amazing MOD.

Thanks!

Hey,

My issue is when I go to Europe (playing as one of the new Civs). After I load my boat back and hit sail to New World, the small box that comes up and allows me to guide the boat back to whatever colony I want it to go to is blank. I can't pick anything. It seems to only be happening with the added on Civs. Is there another way to send my boats back or is this some sort of bug? Any help would be appreciated as this is an amazing MOD.

Thanks!

It's a bug. This patch fix it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8096851&postcount=36.

Help!

I installed AoDII v1.10 a couple of weeks ago and haven't been able to finish a game...yet.

Very frustrating...to the point of not being too enthusiastic about playing Civ4Col AoDII because I know after spending many hours over several days that I won't be able to finish the game. Aaarrrgghh!

Problem: Very similar to tabernacle's issue/situation (see previous page), when I hit the red (go to next turn) button, the game crashes to the desktop (XP Pro SP3) every time. On three different games (all have been the same leader, Jose of Spain, if that matters).

I've tried going back 5-10 years and completely changing what I'm building, shipping, etc. several times to try and see if I can determine whether there is a build, ship or commodity mfg problem, but nothing seems to prevent me from crashing at that particular game's date. (See below for two recent games...it would be very nice if someone could verify that either/both of these crash on their XP systems too.)

Anyone else experiencing these unavoidable (but same year for that particular game setup) crashes? Have you solved the end-of-turn game crash problem by doing anything different? Previously, I had no problem playing and completing quite a few games with AoD II v1.08. So, I've got to believe it's v1.10 related.

As it is right now, I'm hesitant to invest any more time playing this excellent mod for fear that eventually I'll come to another "can't get past this date" brick wall...and I will have again wasted my time trying to complete this game.

System specs (doubt that it's the source of the issue): E8500, XP Pro SP3, GTX 260 (216), 4GB DDR2-1066, ASUS D2 sound card, 750GB Seagate HD

Help, anyone?

Attachments

• BigDaddy AD-1566-September.ColonizationSave
    278 KB · Views: 64
  • NoWay Jose II AD-1623-May.ColonizationSave
    401.1 KB · Views: 59
That is the same way it happens to me, very well put: for a given game setup, the crash, unavoidably, happens at the same year. (If I start a new game, the year of the End-of-Turn crashing, if it occurs, will be different from the first setup's but constant within this second setup.)

It *is* a little disheartening to start a game and invest in it while dreading that you'll be unable to see it through to the end.

The AI must be really something.I played in pilgrim and they still beat me while i'm still preparing to kick some REF butt:p

Attachments

• Eco too fast0000.JPG
    Eco too fast0000.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 209
Hi,
Very exciting mod. I am having a problem installing and looking for help.

I downloaded the latest patch 1.01, downloaded the mod 1.10, unzipped it to the Mods folder, which I had to create... C4C/Mods. It seemed to insall fine and I can start the Mod but when I try to start a game it crashes. I tried several times trying to start games with different nations and different scenarios. Here's the message I get from Vista:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Colonization.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 48908a52
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18215
Fault Module Timestamp: 49953395
Exception Code: c06d007f
Exception Offset: 000442eb
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 425d
Additional Information 2: e8fe3a9f4ec5666baba3dce6d7c61811
Additional Information 3: 05b7
Additional Information 4: 3f5ee7a2cde9c1ae7bdf2611f46a78a8

Any suggestions? What did I do wrong? I would so love to try this so really appreciate your help.
Charlie

Hi,

I have had the same problem with the game crashing at a certain point/year. And nothing I do changes it, this is very frustating.

I have had game crashes before, but usually I load a autosave and then I can continue after the point it crashed before. But at a certain stage the crash seems unrepairable.

Anyway there seems to be a problem with AI.

First of all, playing at "revolutionary" difficulty level, when you destroy entirely a nation, they keep coming with all sort of colonists. They continue to generate points and they get leaders in continental congress even if they have no colonies left.
The second problem is: too much boost.
If I conquer another nation and I agree in a peace they suddenly move a galeon near old landing zone, in any case near old colonies wheter you destroyed them or not and they land all sort of things. In 2 turns for example in my last game they landed 12 colonits ( twelve!!!! ) with missionaries, veteran soldiers, cannons ( !!!! wtf cannons in 1520 - early colonization phase???? ) and veteran pioneers.
All this while native tribe declared war on me no matter how much cash I give to them, it was only matter of turns.

This is not bad - the problem is the repetitive condition of "very hard" difficult setting: it's not realistic at all to be ALWAYS at war with everyone unless you chose it was so at the beginning.
The problem cames at eye when you use one veteran dragoon ( yep, one :D ) with 50 or so of experience: bonus against cities. They can't stop you even with an army and they don't try a mass attack.

I had the same problem with the game freezing sometime after/around turn 200+. My system is an Intel Q9450 @ 2.66 GHz, 4 G ram (3.2 usable), 9800GTX vid card. I had reloaded everything (game, patch, mod) before but upon doing it the second time I noticed the uninstall had left some empty folders in my system drive. I deleted these and reinstalled everything and I no longer have this particular problem.

That said, I do have a different thing happen, and that is another power (the AI) always wins an economic victory before turn 250. I play with the easiest setting, the largest landmass, random isles.

I am trying a custom game in order to only allow for a Victory Condition by declaring independence. Do I allow all the other default opponent AI's in order to have a normal game?

Vitals: Civ Colonization, Patch 1.01f, AoD2_1.10 extracted.

mod doesnt seem to work 4 me: downloaded the latest patch 4 colonization, then this...

downloaded it to my downloads folder, then copied to mods section where i unzipped it...

loaded civ 4 col... loaded mod... then couldnt find any of the new civs... and the background image was still that ship in a drydock, not the image on the front page ...=="

so can someone tell me what im doing wrong, and what i can do to fix this up??/

Hi,
I have a bug in AoDII. When I try to comunicat with any other nation, the screen occures but without the texts. So that I cant communicate any way (even not start a colony because before you do so, you have to read the welcome message from Indians).
Other mods work well.
Do you know anything about this issue?
Thank you

Top Bottom