[Mod] Civ 6 Improvements Patch

You know, I've used this mod since its inception, nearly 10 months now. I always disable culture victory in my games, but I want to add that even with culture victories disabled, there are times when I feel as though my trade routes don't update fast enough, either. There was one game I played, not too long ago, and I met pretty much everyone by like turn 20, and a lot of them were in trade route range. I wanted to build roads and establish trading posts ASAP, but waiting and waiting and waiting for the trader to finish his route seemed like an eternity. I did find the constant "please select a route" window to be somewhat annoying as well, but I think the trade route delay is even more annoying, even though it was designed with the best of intentions. :)

I think the trading issue is very well handled in astog's Better Trade Screen, no reason to touch it since that mod handles that aspect of the game. The same way this mod doesn't touch UI aspects due to CQUI being a complete UI package, I think the Improvements patch should also leave the trade system untouched.

Last edited:
Patch 20 don`t load into the game at all ...... tried with patch 19 ..... the same ..... no error in database.log , Disabled all other mods left only this on and still no changes . Any idea where is the problem?
I`m running Civ 6 winter

You know, I've used this mod since its inception, nearly 10 months now. I always disable culture victory in my games, but I want to add that even with culture victories disabled, there are times when I feel as though my trade routes don't update fast enough, either. There was one game I played, not too long ago, and I met pretty much everyone by like turn 20, and a lot of them were in trade route range. I wanted to build roads and establish trading posts ASAP, but waiting and waiting and waiting for the trader to finish his route seemed like an eternity. I did find the constant "please select a route" window to be somewhat annoying as well, but I think the trade route delay is even more annoying, even though it was designed with the best of intentions. :)

I have removed the trade route change. Enjoy :)

Great mod! A very welcomed changes, especially to the policies imo. But is the mod compatible with the new Nubia dlc?

Hi, I was messing around with some Mod Civs (Canada Makenzie King) and I'm trying to figure out if I can give him the update like the DLCs? (the Builders sacrifice for to build 20% of district)

Hello. Great mod!

I'm wondering if you could please double check that the "Planning Department" building is working as expected. I had a city that could not build a new district due to population, then bought the "Planning Department" with gold, and then still could not build a new District. It also seems to not work after building it regularly.

https://gyazo.com/f96eec82077faff0ea3324e3e9be3cda

Thanks and please advise,
-Zarek.

I am on a mac (no fall patch) and I'm getting a bounce back to the main screen when I try to start a game. Do you have any suggestions (other than wait to get the patch)?

Hey there! This is an excellent mod and I just can't play this game anymore without putting this mod.
I have a different request if it's possible for you to make since you're more into hands on.

I've been using Quo mod and one thing I really like about that mod is they disable the science and culture based on population count.
In vanilla, more your population grows, more science and culture you get.

But with this mod, I think we have good advantage already and to make the game more challenging, is it possible for you to include this feature as well?
If not, and if you find time, can you please make a stand alone mod to disable the science and culture per population please?

I made it work in the Quo's mod by commenting out a lot of stuff however I still see some texts and information (example policy values) which shows on the game but doesn't apply as I've commented it out.
That sort of takes away my immersion.

To be honest, that's the only reason I'm using Quo mod but it comes with the whole pack which I don't require as your mod is sufficient for that.

Cheers!

-L

This mod is back to life and now compatible with Gathering Storm.

I made a huge change to Districts. They now build instantly but are limited by your population. A city needs 7 pop per District (after the free initial one).

Nice! Any changes beyond the 7 pop per district? Out of curiosity, why so high?

Hoping to make the decisions a little more interesting and strategic. I also really dislike the way it feels to wait dozens of turns to build a District - feels so bland. As for the pop amount, need an amount that is high enough to prevent spamming all districts which would take away from the decisions, and low enough to not make it overly restrictive.

Gotcha, though I'm thinking it might be a bit high cause most cities don't reach 15+ population (if at all) until very late in the game and those districts (in particular, science and culture ones) are pretty crucial to advancing through the game.

Also, do your policy changes take into account the changes in GS such as resource accumulation?

I also had an issue when R&F came out where the game would expectedly (and randomly) crash at some point... sometimes, I'd be able to back up a number of turns and take a different course through the game to avoid...

Ultimately, I think I tracked it to down to something to do with the Buildings.xml - stripped that out and the crashes went away. You ever hear of that?

There are other ways of increasing districts.
For eg. there's a new building that gives you a free pop district. Also the mod doesn't count canals, aqueduct, neighbourhoods etc towards your district count. I'll also be adding a policy that gives you a free district from pop for each city (towards endgame). I think one of the governers also has a free district bonus.

If you ever get a crash send me the database.log file

Top Bottom