Mod Component Request Thread

with stackable mods its a little hard to differentiate between what should be called a mod component or a mod these day

I figured this would fall under this definition too since it should be small in theory

Working on a Mod that requires unlimited city states.
Need someone to crack the limit for me.

I would like to have a terraform action added to the worker. It should allow him to change terraintype. It should cost gold to do so, more effort = more gold.

Of someone could direct me to a howto or examples i could make it myself.

I'd like to remove the XP cap from barbarians.
To balance it out maybe only get half XP amount from barbarians.

If someone can explain to me in detail how I do this, I'd even make it myself, since this doesn't seem like something big - I just don't have any knowlage in coding. Just send a PM then...

I'd like to remove the XP cap from barbarians.
To balance it out maybe only get half XP amount from barbarians.

If someone can explain to me in detail how I do this, I'd even make it myself, since this doesn't seem like something big - I just don't have any knowlage in coding. Just send a PM then...

Removing the XP cap from barbarians is easy, there's a specific value for it in the GlobalDefines.xml
There are some good guides for using modbuddy to create mods, and this would be a very easy change to make for you to try it out. You should look into it.
Changing the amount of XP is another story, as there is only a table of values for XP granted for melee attacks, melee defense, ranged attacks, etc etc.

Natural Wonder Mod

I think the idea of Natural Wonders is incomplete. I think that they should also support city improvements that add culture/happiness/gold/production. If a city has a natural wonder in its limits, there should be some buildings like the following to enhance its value:

Natural Wonder Preservation Society: +5 Happiness for each natural wonder in the limits.
Tourism Bureau: +3 Gold per turn for each natural wonder in the limits
Natural Wonder Research Organization: +3 science, +2 production for each natural wonder in the limits.

Plus, we need more variety in the wonders, and different names for them instead of always finding Mt Fuji, The Barringer Crater, The Great Barrier Reef and so on. I'd like to find multiple peaks with different names like Mt. Whitney, Mt. Kilamanjaro and so on.

It would make sense to link Natural Wonders to the Museum building, as well as possibly Hermitage and the Louvre.

Another idea I had was to change how ruins work after Archaeology. After Archaeology is discovered, ruins are not removed when discovered. They provide a tile yield of gold, science, and/or culture and have synergy with the Museum building.

I'd very much want a tiny graphical mod that simply makes the city state borders solid rather than dashed (it hurts my eyes to have these sharp ugly borders on the soft beautiful landscapes).
Or perhaps even "smooth" like the normal nation borders? The inner colour could be the colour of the city-state (blues and greens, you know), and the outer line could always be Black, for some consistency.

:)

More diverse and awesome titles based on the policy combinations :D
Which would also include changes so "Lord Elizabeth" or "Lord Wu Zetian" would be changed to Empress or something.

Edit; also (i'm full of ideas today), i'd LOVE another tiny gfx mod that simply swaps the civ / citystate icons in the sidebar notifications..
As it is now, it feels reversed, if Persia declares war on Japan for instance, Persias icon is to the right, and Japans icon is to the left, which in our western "reading from left to right" minds is confusing, i always think its the civ to the left that declared war on the civ to the right!
This also includes the "has made peace with" notifications, where the one proposing peace is on the BOTTOM, and the one who accepted the offer is on the TOP, the main dealmaker who proposes should be on the top!

Nitpicking, but it constantly throws my brain in a loop. This also includes the trade window where YOUR stuff is on the right, and the other civ's stuff is on the left.
Its against all conventions in most games, and still after 50 hours of play, i have to stop and think for a second when a peace offer is sent, before i realize they demand MY resources, not giving me Theirs :p

Hello modders. I was wondering roughly how long until you all think there will be a CiV HOF mod? I kind of view the completion of a HOF mod to be the point when the game is ready.

More diverse and awesome titles based on the policy combinations :D
Which would also include changes so "Lord Elizabeth" or "Lord Wu Zetian" would be changed to Empress or something.
I like this idea. You should mod it. :)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=385009
Nitpicking, but it constantly throws my brain in a loop. This also includes the trade window where YOUR stuff is on the right, and the other civ's stuff is on the left.
Its against all conventions in most games...
I agree.

has anyone looked at what it would take to make crossing a river take a full move? as is, rivers are between slightly annoying to take no notice (tactically that is), since if you time it right it costs nothing extra to cross the river. would be even better if you couldn't cross if in zoc.

If i could, had the time and patience, i would :(
I'm sure someone else will get around to it long before i figure it out :)

It's like anything Baleur, you just gotta take it one snippet at a time. Over the years I've taught myself C++, OOP, Java, PHP, XML, XSL, XHTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Didn't know a thing about any of them when I started, and I'm completely new to Lua. But the internet resources are there, all you have to do is start reading and experimenting. Little by little you get to the next thing and the next thing, and then you start to notice how alot of these things have things in common. People say learning Spanish really helps to learn Italian and that learning Italian really helps to learn other languages, etc. It's the same concept, but you don't have to be as fluent. Just start with something small.

Take a look at any of the minor tweaking mods, like Free Roads. It's a very simple XML file and I'm sure you could get the hang of it rather quickly. Then see how much of what you want to do can be accomplished with simple XML. Once you've reached the limits of that, then you can explore other options to get closer and closer to your ideal.

Drops in a bucket eventually fill the bucket. :)

...would be even better if you couldn't cross if in zoc.

Interesting idea! I always thought rivers are fairly useless in the game although they can be major strategic points in real life. Maybe a free attack (they have those code hiding inside the invisible dll already for archers' range attacks) on units that cross the river in your ZOC (that is, from a tile adjacent to you crossing a river to another tile adjacent to you), or maybe disallow crossing river inside ZOC altogether to force units to either walk around or launch a cross-river attack. On that note, do make the attack across river penalty high; I have mine set at 65%.

Didn't see an already completed Mod for this .....

Any mod finished or underway to allow you Raze (destroy) any city you capture ?

I hate it that I can't destroy a city-state after I capture it.

Same with Capitals, but at least their generally settled in a good position.

Couple of things I'd really love to see

Puppet states not making 100% useless buildings likes barracks, walls, and forges.

ability for ranged/artillery/naval units to raze a city, I shouldn't have to have one horseman accompany my four ship of the lines just to burn an enemy city to the ground. (I'm aware that razing a city is really just annexing it with the raze option turned on, but i promise not to cheat by unrazing it!)

Could someone creat a mod to create signs in a similar way to civ4? It would make SGs less confussing.

Thanks!

Could someone please create a mod that simply adds an airport building that allows units to be airlifted a limited distance from one city to other cities. The building could become available to be built once flight has been researched and also give a small boost to income from trade routes. The trade route income boost should be enough to pay the maintenance for the airport but not much more. This seems like a good idea if it's possible - thanks.

Top Bottom