Mod Component Request Thread

In My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config, set EnableTuner to 1. Then, while the game is running, launch FireTuner from the SDK tools; It will connect to your game, and bring up several tabs for editing data. One of those tabs (the first, I think?) will have AI autoplay tools.

Thank you very much for these. Now I think how I bind keys for autoplay?
example "ctrl + x" is 5 turns and so on... It is much easier that way... Please, if you could help me or somebody. That's my last wish :D

I'd like a mod that completely eliminates the maintenance cost for roads.

I'm playing up until the renaissance era only, so a big empire with primitive tech is somewhat reliant on roads... the maintenance tends to stack up on you rather brutally ;)

I would love to see or have help making siege units capture-able(Sp?). Leaving them undefended will result in losing the machinery to your opponent to use against you.

Thank you very much for these. Now I think how I bind keys for autoplay?
example "ctrl + x" is 5 turns and so on... It is much easier that way... Please, if you could help me or somebody. That's my last wish :D

Not possible yet, AFAIK.

I'd like a mod that completely eliminates the maintenance cost for roads.

I'm playing up until the renaissance era only, so a big empire with primitive tech is somewhat reliant on roads... the maintenance tends to stack up on you rather brutally ;)

Easily done with xml. My mod does that currently as an oversight, actually; Was testing something for someone, forgot to pull it from the code before releasing it. :lol:

I would love to see or have help making siege units capture-able(Sp?). Leaving them undefended will result in losing the machinery to your opponent to use against you.

Also easily done via xml.

Natural Wonder Mod

I think the idea of Natural Wonders is incomplete. I think that they should also support city improvements that add culture/happiness/gold/production. If a city has a natural wonder in its limits, there should be some buildings like the following to enhance its value:

Natural Wonder Preservation Society: +5 Happiness for each natural wonder in the limits.
Tourism Bureau: +3 Gold per turn for each natural wonder in the limits
Natural Wonder Research Organization: +3 science, +2 production for each natural wonder in the limits.

Plus, we need more variety in the wonders, and different names for them instead of always finding Mt Fuji, The Barringer Crater, The Great Barrier Reef and so on. I'd like to find multiple peaks with different names like Mt. Whitney, Mt. Kilamanjaro and so on.

I hope someone could make me a mod that has the following:

Marathon Game speed for everything except Unit and Building Production.

I want the game to be active when it comes to war and expansion but slow when it comes to growth and science. So Ancient and Classical era wars and conflict can be just as long as a normal Civ game but without the "Build Worker in 28 turns".

This would be fun for me because I don't really like how a civ can have swordsman and then suddenly upgrade all of them to riflemen. Only REALLLLLLLY behind civs would face this problem.

Id greatly appreciate this and it would make my game very fun.

Please create 'Top Five cities' menu and Graphic comparison between in-game civilizations.;)

I second that. It seems they threw out the charts from 4 and replaced them with "advisors" to explain things to us. It would be nice to have the charts back.

I need new option for Building wich reduces the unhappiness from number of population by 50% (or if it would be easier - it gives one :) for two peoples in the city). (Something similliar to Forbidden Palace, by not the number of cities, byt by half of the population in city)

So for example building world wonder "Sultan Ahmed Mosque" (wich is why I need this option) I could have more people in the city (country) and/or golden age would be quicker.

I would really like to see a mod that scales happiness from resources and natural wonders with map size. It makes no sense to get +5 happiness on a tiny map, and then only +5 on a huge map, as the tiny one has just as many (different) luxury resources.

Pact of coopeerations + Open boarders = Trade routes with other civ.
+1 gold per city

Can add modifiers for harbors and roads that connect to other civ.

Can something like this be modded?

I did a search and could not find something like this anywhere. I think it would be great if if was possible to have a mod that modifies great scientist bulbing (beakering?) so they work like civ 4 - so instead of a free tech they give you a certain amount of beakers towards completing it depending on age.

After reading up on all those "rifleman at 1300 BC with babylon" strats, and trying it out in a MP game myself, I can see it gets quite ridiculous, especially in a team game. I was in a 3 player team and since tech costs get tripled but you still get great people at the same rate, if all 3 people go for it, this great scientist insanity becomes even far more severe than "1300 BC riflemen".

Sooo... I hope there is a way to limit the great scientist bulbing using a mod.

Natural Wonder Mod

I think the idea of Natural Wonders is incomplete. I think that they should also support city improvements that add culture/happiness/gold/production. If a city has a natural wonder in its limits, there should be some buildings like the following to enhance its value:

Natural Wonder Preservation Society: +5 Happiness for each natural wonder in the limits.
Tourism Bureau: +3 Gold per turn for each natural wonder in the limits
Natural Wonder Research Organization: +3 science, +2 production for each natural wonder in the limits.

Plus, we need more variety in the wonders, and different names for them instead of always finding Mt Fuji, The Barringer Crater, The Great Barrier Reef and so on. I'd like to find multiple peaks with different names like Mt. Whitney, Mt. Kilamanjaro and so on.

I was already working on this... I have a list of natural wonders from around the world (and still looking for more!)... Currently I have 9 more I'm looking to add... the hardest problem is going to be the graphics...

I haven't poked into the graphics part of modding in Civ5 yet, but from what I've seen on the forums the 2d aspect doesn't seem overly difficult.

I have an request for two mods.

1. Experience Adjustment

Increase Experience needed for leveling to 15 from 10

Decrease Experience from any Ranged attack or defence to 1.

Decrease Experience from Melee defence and attack to 4 and 3 compared to 5 and 4.

Rationalle: Make it harder and slower to get uber units and make the barrack and armory worth more.

2. Adjust Promotions

Lower the bonuses from all promotion bonuses with 50%, maybe also remove the extra range promotion and indirect fire.

Reduce general bonus to 15%, morale bonus(honor) to 10% and adjacent to 10%.
Chinese General give extra a bonus of 10%

Rationalle 1: The units you have live longer for the player which means the players get much higher bonuses which makes it to easy against the AI who generallly produce more new units.

Rationalle 2: AI has a difficult time using the adjacent and morale and the general bonuses which gives a to big advantage for the player.

Top Bottom