Mod Component Request Thread

Is there a mod already which reduces happiness during war for the aggressor? Ideally, the longer the war continues the unhappier people get, like in Civ4.

I would like to see a city-state Diplomacy mod which:

+1 influence per turn when you establish a route to City State (stops decline with non-hostiles)
+1 influence per turn for a Pledge to protect, while City State at peace
+0 influence per turn for a Pledge to protect, while City State at War, or Having a disagreement with another city state who you are at peace
-5 influence per turn for a Pledge to protect. while the city state is at war with a major power with whom you have peace.
-50 influence for canceling a pledge to protect

More realistic Golden Ages:

In an Golden Age you wont recive any unhappyness from conqured cities/puppet-states except the normal population unhappiness.
Units recive +1 movemnet and 10% bonus when attacking cities and 50% faster production of military units and 50% less upkeep. To encurage fast (over)expasion.
The Golden Age should probly last a bit longer then they currently does, like 50% longer or something. (At least in the erly eras, when playing epic/marathon).

This should be combined the the Emigration mod, so while in an golden age you can expand your empire fast just like Alexander and Caesar etc. did. But when the Golden Age ends you take the full hit of the unhappyness, leading to mass emigration and revolts, cities rejoining thire previous empires (recreate them if destroyed if possible).
Imo this would make the game more realistic and intresting, empires blooming up just to collaps again etc.

It possible to do notification about unemployed citizen, like grow notification?

I'm not seeing anything specific in the event list, but this would certainly be possible with a little creativity. But really, wouldn't it be better to be notified when unemployment is coming, rather than after the fact? Might also be useful to warn of under-employment, as in population growth in X turns will result in a citizen working an unimproved plot.

You'd have to attach a function to the active player turn that loops thru all the cities owned by the active player, performs a check for turns until population grow, then loop thru all plots owned by city, perform a check for workable plots not worked, then dispatch a notification.

It's doable and if no one else does, I might try my hand at it, but no promises.

Could someone increase border growth rate in the later eras? Maybe -10% at medieval, -15% at renaissance, -15% at industrial, and -20% at modern? This would probably make borders fill up more quickly, allowing cosmetically superior empires late-game, although it would of course make them all stronger by a bit too (fewer oil cities, for example, although those generally turn a bit of profit too). Maybe tie to specific techs (writing, mass media, etc) instead of eras.

Is it possible to make a modcomp that increases happiness by 1 for every technology and every social policy* that you have researched? I need it for my revamped happiness system.

* In case of social policies, I already did it by giving a happiness bonus to each one of them. But a more elegant solution would be appreciated.

It should be something like "happiness per technology" and "happiness per policy" tags in the global defines.

I'd like to see a reverse odds calculator. So that if I select an enemy unit then mouse over one of my units I can see what my defending odds are.

Most of the information held in the top left info panel doesn't really warrant keeping it open continuously. The tech progress is covered by the top bar, and I haven't felt the need to keep the unit list or city list permanently open. Could this panel be put to more use?

How about an "Oracle Mod" that lists the upcoming events that will happen to your empire? Purely text, it would contain entries such as:

1 Turn: London grows to 3 population
1 Turn: Edinburgh produces Market
3 Turns: London increases border
3 Turns: Iron Working Discovered
6 Turns: Golden age begins
8 Turns: Gold from Wu Zetian ends
10 Turns: New Social Policy available

I figure all those information pieces are close to hand and would only need refreshing once a turn. That would be useful to keep open in a BUG mod "everything at your fingertips" way. I'd implement this myself except for the small fact that I don't know my APIs from my elbow...

Ok first off, I'm new here so apologies if I'm breaking any forum rules or if this has already been requested. Second, I'm new to Civilization as well so it's possible that (strategically) my idea is not entirely feasible or is just plain dumb :crazyeye:

So I may be mistaken, but I get the feeling that AI disposition towards the player is fairly linear and based purely off the values in the XML. You do something they don't like, your rating goes "up". You do something they like (which is quite rare), it goes "down". I'd like to fix that linearity in two ways. First, adjust/add values so that more options are available to improve relations and simply having your borders expand close to the enemy doesn't make them hate you suddenly. Second, introduce a trust variable to buffer disposition changes.

Basically, the more "good" things you do (trade, enter research agreements, form pacts, etc) with the AI, the higher your trust with them goes. The trust value could be something as simple as values in the range [0, 5.0]. It would work as a buffer when you do something that would move disposition in the opposite direction, almost like a divisor for the value being added/subtracted.

For example, starting from a fresh game you enter a Pact of Cooperation with America. Currently, this doesn't adjust disposition at all (as far as I can tell). I'd like to add some values to the XML to move the AI closer to friendly when you do this. Additionally, entering the Pact will give you 1 point of trust with America. Next, let's say you make a trade with them. This again moves their disposition towards friendly (though not as much) and earns you another trust point/fraction of a trust point. You carry on this way until America is friendly and their trust level is around 3. Then you start expanding and your borders touch up against theirs. This would normally adjust their disposition towards hostile a LOT. With your trust at 3 however, the disposition changes at 1/3 of what it normally would and then you lose a trust point. If you continue doing "bad" things, your trust will diminish into the fractional realm and begin to amplify the effects of warmongering, etc. Attempting to do trade/cooperate/etc will influence them back towards the positive, albeit at a diminished rate until you work the trust back up into the whole numbers.

What do you think? Is it feasible?

I'd like to see a mod where Unit maintenance inflation is turned off. In other words, the number of turns should not determine the unit upkeep cost.

Alternatively, a mod that increases TP, luxury tile and river tile gold yields as the number of turns advances (to keep up with inflation) would be equally helpful.

I'd like to see a mod where Unit maintenance inflation is turned off. In other words, the number of turns should not determine the unit upkeep cost.

Alternatively, a mod that increases TP, luxury tile and river tile gold yields as the number of turns advances (to keep up with inflation) would be equally helpful.

There is already a mod that sets it to 1gpt per unit.

Right now deserts does not limit movement at all, but if it was added so units takes some damage from moving to a desert tile like 2 dmg/move and then if it ends it's turn on a desert plot it takes 5 damage. This would make deserts alot more intresting.
The damage taken should be lowered in the Renisanse Era, and then in Modern Era it should be removed.
Oasis and desert tiles with freshwater access would not damage the unit at all.

Unit retreat.

Units should retreat if they take more than half their remaining health in an attack (idea shamelessly stolen from fantasy/panzer general). If they can't retreat, they surrender (destroyed or captured if such a system can be implemented). Since there isn't such a concept as disruption damage in civ v, maybe the threshold should be lowered to 1/3 or even a quarter.

Better Combat Damage Estimate

> Display damage information in two decimal places
- This should let people get better ideas of what damages are likely​
- ex: "Approx DMG Inflicted: 3.62"​

> Display approx damage information above 10
- Currently, if the approx damage is above 10, the value is displayed as 10. If the actual approx value is something like 50, it doesn't matter, as the attacked unit will die for sure. However, if the approx is 10.1, there is a good chance that the attacked unit survives. And there is a critical difference between death and surviving with 1 HP. So I think it would be good to be able to distinguish a sure death from a likely death.​

> Display ranges of expected damage based on chances
- ex: suppose the possible damage values are normally distributed, and the mean damage = 3.50 and standard deviation = .50, display something like:​
Damage Range (68% Chance): 3.00 - 4.00​
Damage Range (95% Chance): 2.50 - 4.50​
Damage Range (99% Chance): 2.00 - 5.00​

I have only done a little modding myself but one of the things I was kind of interested in playing around with was a semi-randomized tech tree. In all Civ games the tech tree remains the same giving the players some sort of foresight to what they will be able to get.

I was thinking of maybe randomizing the ammount of science it takes to aquire different techs. So maybe you want to research machinery to get crossbowman but steel costs less beakers. Since the late medieval techs are usually about 440 randomize it between 400-600.

Really its only a thought, tell me what you think of it. I am not entirely sure how it would work but I assume someone may be able to eventually figure it out.

Top Bottom