Mod Component Requests Thread

I need a sdk conversion of the "34 civ with colonies *40 civ* " dll and the inquistador mod (sorry for mispelling if I mispelled) dll

sry for double posting but; I can't do it myself because my slow internet (dial-up) can't download the C++ editor

Long time I don't post.Anyway I don't know if the music is a mod component, but I need the music of the Age of Discovery (the one of the European in a slice of Europe getting to the Americas and Africa, you can win as the native, the fifth scenario) of CivIII Conquests

Workers
--------
Workers should be able to 'work' by stationing themselves on a city tile, which would increase it's production. Automated workers should do this automatically if all tiles are fully improved. Wonders should have some sort of a bias so that workers will automatically help with the wonder instead of working the field.

Workers should be able to work on any tile of a open borders foreign civ and receive gold in return. (Currency must be discovered first). The gold will be automatically take out of the foreign civ's treasury (or even its gross income) and put in your own. This is both a blessing and a curse - the foreign civ will have a much larger work force but will have much of it's earnings sent abroad. If it gets to be too much, you can always close open borders.

Why? This adds utility to workers, which really have nothing to do once you fully improve all your land.

Immigrants
----------
Settlers can 'settle' in an already built city, increasing its population. Settling in a foreign city will increase that city's population, but also increase the settler's civ's influence over the target civ. (see below) Settlers should also have a default religion based on their city of origin (I've seen a mod like this somewhere - should be easy to implement). Lots of foreign settlers in a city could induce revolution or city flipping. It would take some balancing, but it's a good idea.

Why? This adds usefulness to settlers, which become pointless in the late game.

People AI
---------
Every civ has a hidden AI representing its people. This "people's ai" would develop a bias toward or away from other civs based on a number of factors including ethnicity (see above) cultural influence from other civs, and past events like war weariness. For instance, if your people like the french, and you declare war on france, your cities could have decreased happiness or even revolt. The effect would be greater depending on your civics (free speech people more likely to voice their opinions). The building of the Internet may even give the people of foreign civs a voice in your civ's politics.

Why? It's a good representation of soft power, which is in many ways lacking form civ4.

Tribal Religions
--------------
Every civ gets a unique tribal religion when they discover mysticism. It's spread rate will depend on the civ's global culture, and can be spread manually by building shamans. Tribal religions will have a spread rate much lower then the 'standard' religions. Any religion (tribal or standard) can disappear from a city if its number of followers gets a very low percentage. That way the tribal religions will eventually be replaced by standard religions.

For example, a city may have Greek Tribal as its only religion. Hinduism then spreads to the city and quickly takes over - within a few turns the city becomes 70%, 80%, then 95% hindu, at which point Greek Tribalism disappears. An 'inquisitor' unit (i've seen this before too) could remove everything but the state religion in one turn.

The rule of thumb is later religions should have a faster spread rate so the older religions don't dominate the entire game.

Graphically, it would be nice for the tribal religions to be displayed dynamically somehow - using the flag or teamcolor of each civ. That way you wouldn't have to create a seperate icon for every civ - which would be even more of a problem if the user loads modular civs.

Why? In a marathon game with a large number of civs/continents, many civs would not have access to any religion at all until much later in the game. This allows more gameplay options early in the game and provides a good early way of spreading a civ's influence. Setting your state religion to the tribal religion of another civ would give you a diplomacy bonus, just as it would in the standard game.

Just a few ideas - not sure if I'll have time to make them myself. Please at least give a little credit for the idea. Thanks.

Im sure that someone else has either thought of or done this before but is there a way to create a production slider where you can build military units and buildings at the same time? Say you werent in a war but knew that there was threat of war but needed to build a certain building like say a market. You could split your production to 50% Units 50% Buildings and achieve both goals at same time.

Simple question.

Can the Vanilla Civ IV mod Insane Barbs be used with BtS?

Or does it need revised?

And if it has been revised where do I find it?

Thank you.

Old and Slow in the cornfields of W. Illinios.

JosEPh :)

Workers
--------
Workers should be able to 'work' by stationing themselves on a city tile, which would increase it's production. Automated workers should do this automatically if all tiles are fully improved. Wonders should have some sort of a bias so that workers will automatically help with the wonder instead of working the field.

Workers should be able to work on any tile of a open borders foreign civ and receive gold in return. (Currency must be discovered first). The gold will be automatically take out of the foreign civ's treasury (or even its gross income) and put in your own. This is both a blessing and a curse - the foreign civ will have a much larger work force but will have much of it's earnings sent abroad. If it gets to be too much, you can always close open borders.

Why? This adds utility to workers, which really have nothing to do once you fully improve all your land.

I like this idea. Workers (like all units) should require maintenance, but make up for it with this ability. Granted, I also think that more should be possible such that workers never run out of work, but provides a nice alternative and possibly a means to get even more resources to a city.

But then playbalance needs to be considered, why expand and build up a city when you could send a ton of workers to it and get the same effect?

Couldn't find anything when I did a forum search, but what I'm looking for is a way to expand the highlighting around the GOTO arrow when you move a settler. now it shoes you a radius of 9 tiles, but it doesn't show you what your city will look like when it can work all tiles - ie the City Cross. Does anyone know if this can be done without going into the SDK?

In the opinion of other players, which is the best BtS mod for increasing and/or removing the limit on # of civs?

Just a modded gamecore would be good enough for me.

Thanks,
Rupert

Do you have any source that can describe Scientology ? I can do icons for you with a reference.

Check www.scientology.org. their symbol appears to be a cross with additional bars coming out of the center. There was also another (late game?) religion I wanted to add but I can't remember at this time.

Some simple icons for a coffee cup-like religion would be very helpful, too. This would actually be for a corporation, which graphics wise seems identical to religion.

In the opinion of other players, which is the best BtS mod for increasing and/or removing the limit on # of civs?

Just a modded gamecore would be good enough for me.

Thanks,
Rupert

All it takes is a change of a define in the DLL file and a recompile, as far as I am aware. I've heard this didn't work in Vanilla due to some exe issues, but I haven't heard anything saying it's harder in BtS.

I like this idea. Workers (like all units) should require maintenance, but make up for it with this ability. Granted, I also think that more should be possible such that workers never run out of work, but provides a nice alternative and possibly a means to get even more resources to a city.

But then playbalance needs to be considered, why expand and build up a city when you could send a ton of workers to it and get the same effect?

There are a few ways to do this. The first one I thought of was having the workers be 'consumed' just like great engineers. (It's nicer then saying they died of karoshi) This is a fair balancing technique - effectively the production of other cities is 'transferred' to the production of the target city. This would add the option of spamming workers to finish production - a fair and realistic technique, essentially all neighboring cities are combining their efforts.

Another way is to make it not cumulative, so you can only effectively station one worker per city. The advantage is that you don't lose your unit. I still like the first idea better, you can always build more workers and it's more in line with the standard rules, like great engineers.

[EDIT]
In fact, it may be better to just add a 'Help production' button in the city menu. Instead of focusing on wealth or research, a city can have a 'Help Production' in another city. When you click on it, there will be a popup list of connected cities - after you pick one the production of your city will be added to the production of the target city. This would eliminate the 'chore' of spamming workers and would eliminate unnecessary processor/memory overhead from the extra units. Workers you have already made would still be able to 'Hurry production', a good way to give idle workers something to do. As I said above, this is a very realistic technique - I'm sure the workforce that built the pyramids comprised the population of more then one city.

In fact, it may be better to just add a 'Help production' button in the city menu. Instead of focusing on wealth or research, a city can have a 'Help Production' in another city. When you click on it, there will be a popup list of connected cities - after you pick one the production of your city will be added to the production of the target city.

Hmm, thats an interesting idea..

Mylon, I've almost finished to prepare graphics for you. I still miss Gamefonts_75.tga because I worked on my own project.
By the way, I urgently need a modcomp allowing to display more corporations and religions in city screen, more corporations in corpoation advisor screen and more religion in religion advisor screen.

Top Bottom