Mod Component Requests Thread

That's a bit problematic.
What, if you lose your original capital, and then lose the city, where the palace was relocated to? Should the palace be relocated also to the second city, if you capture it?

Can't really understand your point though but no if you lose the city again the palace move randomly again and if your point is that if we lose the second city after liberating the first no the capital stayed at the first. (just another thought) When they lost the capital and the second capital the main capital move to the second city depend on how the game work but most likely to work like this im not sure, if possible the first city must have something that symbolized the city(that is if the game work like this), (another thought)maybe give player choice to either move the capital back or not but ai will most likely to move it back.

No way with the AI there, i have no idea, how to do that.
I will not do that modcomp, it's not important enough for me, sorry.

@ -sr: Sorry, forgot to reply here, the right files are here.

@ripple: :cry: seems, that it can't be done.
There's no way, which i could see, to get the current trade routes, only the maximum possible traderoutes :cry:.

I want a modcomp that assigns random values to AI leader personalities. In other words, where
Civ4LeaderHeadInfos has many tags like

<iWonderConstructRand>50</iWonderConstructRand>

with the actual value being spelled out for each leader in the XML file for each personality facet, this mod would randomly generate each leaderhead personality at game start by replacing most of the XML values with random numbers from half that value up to twice that value. So in the example, the WonderRand for the leader would be some random number between 25 and 100. This way you would have to learn the personalities of your opponents each game and master that strategic process rather than becoming an expert on the specific personalities built into the game.

Could someoe please make a 60 civ dll

For plailn BtS3.19, BtS 3.17 or for RevDCM2.51?

I think its in CvDefines.h

#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS (60)

I doubt many people will use this, so I won't put it in the database and I don't want to waste too much attachment space so I won't leave it here forever.
For 3.19.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
I've a popular modcomp request:

Realistic Research

Goal:

You define a year which enables the possibility to research a technology. The opposite of an obsolote tech tag. Before this year you won't be able to research this technology even when you have already knowledge of the prereq technologies.

Mutiny causing a leader change.

If a civilization is in the bottom 2 of the scoreboard, there is a chance of that civilization leader being overthrown by another leader. An example would be England in last position on scoreboard, its led by Victoria. Victoria is then overthrown by Churchill. The overthrowing leader would gain some sort of bonus to help kick start that civilization back to life. Maybe a bonus of 20turns of Golden Era.

I've got a (hopefully) simple SDK request: allow a unit to be more than one SpecialUnitType.

I have a pretty open-ended request for a python-based promotion.

I've been pondering adding a Robin Hood hero to my mod, but I haven't thought of a good and simple way to work him in. I'm set on giving him a special ability that somehow reflects his "rob from the rich and give to the poor" legend, but I don't know how that could be executed.

One way is give him a promotion that caused any tile he's stationed on (or surrounding tiles) to automatically be treated as land worked. So theoretically, Robin would fortify in or near a city and any cottages/hamlets/towns around him would upgrade faster.

Still, I'm not sure how well that could be done. If anyone else has a simpler idea, my ears are open.

maybe onCombatResult

if pWinner = Robin Hood and owner of pLoser has more gold than owner of pWinner: Change gold of owner of pWinner and owner of pLoser to "(Gold of owner of pWinner + Gold of owner of pLoser) / 2".

Here's a request I also made in the Heroes-thread:

Isn't it possible to give a Hero unit to a specific civilization via a technology?
Maybe in CvEventManager.py the function 'onTechAcquired' can be used.

Example for Germany:

Let's say Germany acquires/researches Physics then via Python give them the Red Baron.

This could also be done for other civs and their units. Only XML-work left to do (adding art, units and text).
I think if this is possible it's an easy way to add Heroes for each civilization :)

Defenitely something for the Python-Heroes of the CFC-forum ;)

2 possibilities:

a) add a ranged attack to that units (named "air attack" in xml)
b) use dales combat mod and add dales' ranged attack to that units

maybe onCombatResult

if pWinner = Robin Hood and owner of pLoser has more gold than owner of pWinner: Change gold of owner of pWinner and owner of pLoser to "(Gold of owner of pWinner + Gold of owner of pLoser) / 2".

Okay, but that represents gold taken from enemies. I'm looking for something that could represent redistribution of wealth within a civ, hence the "land worked" idea.

One way is give him a promotion that caused any tile he's stationed on (or surrounding tiles) to automatically be treated as land worked. So theoretically, Robin would fortify in or near a city and any cottages/hamlets/towns around him would upgrade faster.

Still, I'm not sure how well that could be done. If anyone else has a simpler idea, my ears are open.

The progress rate of an improvement can be changed, that's not the problem.

But for the performance: Do you really want, that after a unit movement, all surrounding plots have to be checked?
That's maybe a bad idea, but only for one unit...not sure...

I don't know if this request has already been made, I want to increase the number of starting civilizations from 18 to 30; how can I do that?

you just need a simple dll mod. I'm sure you will find it somewhere... but where? :D

Top Bottom