1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod Component Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by Thunderfall, Jun 15, 2006.

1. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

For #3 see here.

To make the rest properly, someone would probably have to dig around a bit deeper in the .dll, so this will probably not happen in the next time :/.

2. Azazell

Azazell Chieftain

I looking mod which adds the same new technologies. Where I found this mod?

3. ripple01

ripple01 Chieftain

Has anyone ever made a mod to enable obsolete technologies for projects? I have some projects that I would like to have go obsolete.

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I don't know of any such mod, but I do know that it would be quite simple to use python to block access to a project based on having researched a technology. Just add the bold portion to CvGameUtils.py:
    Code:

def cannotCreate(self,argsList):
    		pCity = argsList[0]
    		eProject = argsList[1]
    		bContinue = argsList[2]
    		bTestVisible = argsList[3]

[B]
    		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner())
    		eTeam = gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam())	
    		if eProject == gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROJECT_OBSOLETED'):
    			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_OBSOLETING')):
    				return True[/B]

5. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

That, will just prevent players with the "obsolete" tech from creating a new "project xxx".
    It doesn't make existing "project xxx" benefits disappear

6. Peter Knutsen

Peter Knutsen Chieftain

Another thing that bothers me is when adjacent AI civs have nearly the same colour, e.g. two shades of yellow. That makes it difficult to see borders.

Is there a mod that lets me change the colours only, manually, or preferably a mod that does it automatically?

7. Cruel

Cruel Chieftain

8. PsiCorps

PsiCorps FF: Babylon 5 mod team

I placed this request
    over on the FFH2 Modders guide as I remember they already have the ModComp i want to use. Does anyone else that is able to work with C++/Python/XML know if what I want can be done?

9. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Chieftain

I will give you an answer tomorrow.

10. Absolution

Absolution Chieftain

I have a few ideas about how to improve the religions system...

1. Minor religions:
    Historically, there were many well known religions whose followers were a minority in their countries.
    These religions did not have any diplomatic effect, but they had a good cultural effect.
    For example: Jainism, Rastafari, Sikhism, Bahai faith, Yarsanism, Shenism, or maybe Gnosticism..
    So is there a possibility to mod this like this(?):
    A minor religion can't become a state religion.
    A minor religion doesn't have monasteries or cathedrals. Only a temple, and a wonder in its holy city.
    A minor religion can't build missionaries. It spreads only naturally.
    But they all have the same cultural bonuses.

2. Cities start with a religion:
    One thing that realy annoys me is that when a city is founded it usually starts without any religion.
    It looks a bit weird that by the year 1400 AD I found religionless cities, even if it is in the most cultural area of the world!
    Think about it... the settlers have origins... they don't creat a new culture...
    So my idea is that when a city is founded, it starts with one of the religions that have been in the city where the settlers originally came from.
    It just makes more sense. Because many times I have a chaos of religions in my civilization, and in every new city I found a different religion is spread.
    I'm sure im not the only one noticing that.
    * You can also make it a bit different in every civic.
    For example, in Theocracy a city can only start with the state religion (unless the settler's original city doesn't have the state religion..).
    In Organaised Religion a city has a 70% rate of starting with the state religion, and 30% of starting with any other religion from the settler's original city.
    In Free Religion it randomally generates one of the original city's religions.
    * If a religion is spread in a city right after completing the creation of a settler, that religion wouldn't be able to be the starting religion of the new city that the settlers will find.

3. Ancient pagan religion:
    Since the dawn of civilizations, before the well-known religions were founded, people all around the world did have religions.
    They weren't firmly established in the society, but diplomatically they were very important.
    So I think it should be inculded in the game:
    - Every civilization's first city starts with the Pagan religion, and with Paganism as the state religion.
    - If you build settlers in a Pagan city, (according to the 2nd idea) the new city they will found will be Pagan.
    - If a religion is spread in a Pagan city, the Paganism will disappear from the city in a few years (Depends on how many Pagan buildings are in the city, and how cultural is the city).
    - Two Pagan civilizations won't have a relations boost due to their religious similarity. Because throught the history there have been hundreds of different Pagan religions.
    But the relationship between a Pagan civilization and a regular religion civilization will be similiar to the relationship between any two civilizations with differrent religions (the same penalty).
    -If Paganism disappears from a city, the Pagan buildings will not disappear. They will still have a cultural effect, but they will cause +1 unhappiness.
    A good idea is adding a new function to inquisitors - destroy Pagan buildings.
    - No Pagan missionaries. Not because of an historical reason.
    Just because every city which is not Pagan must have other religions already, so actually Paganism can not be spread.
    That will also help Paganism disappear from the world by the time it needs to disappear.
    - Paganism does not have a holy city, nor a wonder.
    - I haven't thought about monasteries yet.
    - Barbarians start with Paganism too.
    The goal is to make Paganism disappear from the central civilizations around the beginning of the medival era, but until then, to improve the religions system in the game.

11. Jwitti

Jwitti Judas Maccabeus

I know that #2 already exsists, and I've thought about #3 myself often.

12. Sifaus

Sifaus Adramelech

Is there any possiblity for an national unit limit like the one on Master of Mana? At start, you can build 20 units maximum (excluding Settlers and Workers). Barracks and other military buildings increasing this limit.

Here Master of Mana mod: http://www.masterofmana.com/

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

I have seen something in the general forum that did something similar. It was a fairly simple bit of python that limited the number of units you could build by the population of your empire.

Edit see this thread

14. Sifaus

Sifaus Adramelech

Thanks. But as i tried on Dune Wars mod, i couldn't get it work. I really don't have any python knowledge and i don't want to commit thread necromancy. So i'll ask here, if this isn't the right place, please warn me.

Dune Wars don't have any CvGameUtils.py file, so i copied original bts one and added this to the place as thread says:

Code:
     		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner())
    		iUnitPerPopulation = 4
    		iNumMilitaryUnits = pPlayer.getNumMilitaryUnits()
    		iPopulationUnitLimit = int(pPlayer.getTotalPopulation() * iUnitPerPopulation)
    		return iNumMilitaryUnits >= iPopulationUnitLimit
    But it doesn't work. I don't know how to get it work too.

15. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

set python callback for cannotTrain to 1

16. Sifaus

Sifaus Adramelech

I did everything they say in that thread. :)

17. flug_auto

flug_auto Chieftain

Hi. I'm knew here. I'm looking for components:

1. Limits movement range. Units can't move beyond certain range from the nearest city. The range increases with culture, eras, techs like building roads, bridges, etc...

2. Forced labor button to replace "whip". When pressed, converts extra food into hammers, but not more than already produced hammers. And the same amount of food is lost.

3. Tech maintenance. For all the known techs player has to pay each turn 1% of their cost.

18. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

1) you might want to look at this here, but it's awful for the performance and the AI has no clue about it.

19. flug_auto

flug_auto Chieftain

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

20. Inyah

Inyah Chieftain

Hi guys,

I am looking for the code that changes the way culture spreads (e.g. slower for peaks and rivers, faster on plains and grassland). It is used in CtC and other big mods, but none of them seem to post their codework (or I havent found it). I have a certain idea on how this could be done, but seeing that someone has already made all that brainwork I thought I could skip that :) Any help anyone?

Thanks in advance!