Mod Component Requests Thread

Um, I've been looking, and perhaps I'm just blind-wouldn't be the first time I missed something-but is there a mod that makes it so that civilizations can only build wonders that they historically built? Every now and then I like to play something as close to real as possible, except when the Sistine Chapel is in Beijing, it doesn't feel quite right. :twitch:

I really do not know if that helps. But I saw something similar in a small Modmod of an old version of RI.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=231114

Not hard, but ugly (in Python).
Since the stuff will be destroyed upon capturing the city, you'd have to collect the number of ships and planes before. Since there's no trigger before that, you'd have to check after every combat, if it was succesful, and if it's enough to capture the city. Then you can check the amount of units and re-create them after you captured it.
That's damn ugly.

Sounds like it would cause slowdown. Maybe it would be easier in sdk. Well, since there is already a bcapture xml tag, maybe it is possible to create another similar tag that only triggers capture when the defending unit is in a city and is a non-intercepting plane or ship.

You can try onUnitKilled as well.
Check that it is a ship/plane and its life is still positive.
It may work because I use this style before to check if a unit was killed in a transport in National Aquatics Center

If a unit is killed and life still positive, it means neither combat nor nukes.
Thus for that case, with other if statements, I can conclude the unit died in a transport.

Using the same logic, it may work for ships and planes in cities

I'd expected this to be easily doable in XML, I'm prbably wrong but it's worth a sot :

Isn't it that it's all already coded in the <CaptureUnit> tag of the Units.xml file ?
It's the tag that says that a worker is captured as a worker and a settler is captured as 2 workers, wouldn't it work if you just turn the tag on fair airship and specify it as a airship when captured ?

Just food for thoughts.

It should also be noted that there is not a <CaptureUnit> tag that takes a unit type, but rather a <Capture> tag that takes a unit class type. You get whatever unit represents that unit class for your civilization, so captured unique units revert to their standard form and standard units may turn into your unique units.

I'm actually not sure if Range Combat such as is performed by aircraft is capable of capturing units. I think interception also uses a different mechanic too. I cannot guarantee you that the Capture tag would work as you like, but it is worth a try.

Hello all - I recently rediscovered the endless source of entertainment that is civ iv and I'm new to the world of modding. I've found that many of my ideas have already been done either in full mods or modcomps. But I have a request/question.

How about a feature that would allow you to send excess food from one city to another? I've always found it strange that the only way to support a huge city is to surround it with farms. For example, in the US the midwest grows food that supports the rest of the country, while a city like New York generates a ton of commerce, and accordingly is surrounded by towns.

I have no idea what this would entail, but I have Python experience, spare time, and a willingness to contribute.

Would it be possible (like in Civ5) to make sure that when you destroy a civilization,the leader of the civilization contacts you for the last time to congratulate you on your victory?
If it is possible,I would like to request a mod component for that.

Not really possible, because you cannot influence the text of the leader screens.

FfH2 has a popup with a custom text and leader art when a civ is desroyed, and I think this could be done for the normal game too.
Sadly my computer is still not really functional :sad: (and will probably not within the next month), else I'd try it.

You can make the leader appear, with the normal diplo screen.
But the text which appears in the window is more or less random, only influenced by his current attitude.
So there's no way that you can make him say a specific text.

Is there any way to Mod MP so that teammates don't pool research and each teammate carries their own tech tree?

This would also mean that wonder benefits and similar items wouldn't be shared team-wide.

Or is that just an inherent part of the core multiplayer game that can't be worked around?

Thank you!

Top Bottom