[MOD] Composite Mod by Exavier

I tinking that the Diplo and Domestic advisor mods are starting to look reaaaal good... the diplo could use some time to ferment and settle, but the Domestic one is almost done.

Maybe they would be good additions for next update?

Very good fusion mod, my congrats. But as a pre-gunpowder era warfare fan, I must ask why you didn't include the Lost Units for those ages and only got into modern ones? Would be great if you would in your next version, although you'd have to tamper with the techtree a bit to make them appear in a reasonable timeframe (as they are now they are quite useless and overlapping with other contemporary units - I am talking about hypaspist and cataphract).

@Condor - Typos are expected send me a PM with where it is and i will get it fixed, Nuke problem has been solved (at least it works in the 5 games i tested it). Tree nursury is a worker iimprovement, though i can't remember what tech it requires. Great Generals/Soldiers do work now. I didn't do a changes from last mod because I didn't want to make my changelog too long, mainly because as i slightly tweak things i'd end up with so many duplicates i could tripple the document/posts size in about 3 versions :p

@Aeon - Yea i am going to have to look into it now that I got the stuff at the top of my list added into the mod :p

@Ad Hominem - Well the Lost Units Mod was combined when I actually considered this a private modification (before deciding to distribute) so I had only copied over units I knew I would use. Now that a new version of Lost Units has been released I am going to go back and fill in the gaps a little bit. Plan for it to be in the next version :)

Hey, I thought of a good mod to add. There is some time mod that displays how many turns you have left in the game from the beginning and stuff by Tubby Power or something that is supposed to rock. Maybe you could add that in:). Also, should I delete my old mods of yours to make room for the new ones?

hmm might look into it.
Also yea i'd say just overwrite the old version... after all how many things did i have broken in it? :p

Condor could you do me a favor? play a game with Time Victory only enabled on my modifyed Epic speed (and possibly no tech trading) and see if you can complete the tech tree before you hit year 2050 AD... I been wanting to see if i need to adjust the turn count for Epic lol

I will try (I have never played a normal game before let alone an epic[my attention span is to short]). Also, what is the tech needed for tree nursery and can I plant it on deserts:)? Also, I doubt it. I think I will get to.... the Renaissance:crazyeye:.

Exavier - I always play on epic (with only time victory) and I'm doing so right now with your mod. I think I'm close to 1000 ad and so far the techs are moving along pretty good. The only thing is the AI seems a lot less advanced than it usually is (not that I'm complaining); overall I like the balance. The AI doesn't get too smart too fast. (Difficulty level Noble)

@Condor - I am not sure what tech is required for the tree nursury as I more or less merged that mod in then forgot about it till i was testing something else... It does have a pedia discription that should say :p Also since it is an exact merge of the mod I am not sure if it supported building on deserts by default but I will look. If i can (and it can't) I think i will change it so it can to make use of those desert squares :p

@Atlantean - I have noticed that the AIs slow down a little too. I think i know what it is as well though if i change it then it will make Normal games in the ancient erra very fast. Mainly I think it has to do with what techs the AIs research. Because the earlier techs take longer to aquire yet everything else doesn't take long (building units) you end up with the AIs waiting on a tech and not doing anything else early game.

To fix this i could go back in and reduce the cost of those Ancient Era techs but like i said the way its modified if i did that then if you were to play on a Normal game then you would be able to research all the Ancient Era techs before the first wonder is built (and I am talking to about Mathmatics tech wise). I can do this easily but I would like other ppls opinions on it before I do.

@Kolyana - The new promotions are all listed in the changelog on the first page under the Promotions catagory :p

The new promotions rock:goodjob: and I am a chieftain game with your mod (I wasn't in the mod for an all out brawl with a new mod) and the soldiers work very well. I have seen no glitches I can report but I still am in the beginning of the modern era (no nukes yet:(). I love it now but I still have not reached nukes so I cannot complete my report but good job and please think about adding that mod I talked about because that would help morons like me who don't know what turn it is at any time (except with 100 left:D). I have experienced literally no slow downs and the new stuff is perfect so once more :clap::goodjob::clap:!

Exavier - Didn't mean to imply that the game was too slow. I LIKE the tech progression speed so far and I doubt I'll ever even play a game on normal. I like long games, that's why I only play with the time victory. It's all about development and war for me, I don't much care about winning and losing. I like to build big civs with big armies and fight big wars (with lots of units). So I'm really looking forward to getting to the modern era with this current game so I can try out some of your units.

hehe I like long games too thats why this feature is in the game. I just think that the early era is slowing the AI down a little bit more then I expected. But I will leave it as is for now unless i get several ppl who want me to adjust it :p

@Atlantean The best units entering the modern/industrial era are the MarkVII tanks. The second you get them use them on another civ because:A.They are cheap.B.They have twenty strenght and pinch really earlier in the game and the pinch is great against infantry and riflemen which will probably the unit of choice for the AI's slower in pace than you.C.They have two movement and have good promotion options so you can customize them for all situations and the new promotions are great with them. The epic is incredibly nice because you actually get to use all the units in the game where as with the normal game or quick game (or any of the vanilla speeds for that matter) are too fast to enjoy all the units. It may start out incredibly slow but after a while it gets into a really great tech speed that is impossible not to enjoy (I think I now am going to always play epic games:D). Also, the other new units are incredibly rad too.

The Condor said:
@Atlantean The best units entering the modern/industrial era are the MarkVII tanks. The second you get them use them on another civ because:A.They are cheap.B.They have twenty strenght and pinch really earlier in the game and the pinch is great against infantry and riflemen which will probably the unit of choice for the AI's slower in pace than you.C.They have two movement and have good promotion options so you can customize them for all situations and the new promotions are great with them. The epic is incredibly nice because you actually get to use all the units in the game where as with the normal game or quick game (or any of the vanilla speeds for that matter) are too fast to enjoy all the units. It may start out incredibly slow but after a while it gets into a really great tech speed that is impossible not to enjoy (I think I now am going to always play epic games:D). Also, the other new units are incredibly rad too.

You forgot to mention that upgrading the Mark V Tanks to the newer tanks later on can be benificial because the Mark V and the other tanks have different set of free promotions. So if you build a Makr V you get Pinch then upgrade to get... forgot the name but gives them multiple attacks. Plus all the other promotions you give them along the way :p

BTW Next version I plan to update has a reduction in upgrade costs included into it. But thats a cpl days away too. maybe mid weekend :p

@Condor - Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try it. You're right about actually getting to use all the units now. My first few games (pre-patch and pre-mod) I never got to use knights, or catapults, I barely even got to use Panzers (I almost always play as Bismarck). So far in my current game I've already fought a successful war with just ancient and medieval units, very cool.

P.S The addition of the "Bombard" option to the catapults was GREAT!!!!!

Your welcome. Yeah, I almost always play as Saladin and finally got to enjoy those camel archers (unfortunately for Tokugawa he didn't) with the new epic.

Exavier said:
@Condor - I am not sure what tech is required for the tree nursury as I more or less merged that mod in then forgot about it till i was testing something else... It does have a pedia discription that should say :p Also since it is an exact merge of the mod I am not sure if it supported building on deserts by default but I will look. If i can (and it can't) I think i will change it so it can to make use of those desert squares :p

If your going to allow the desert to be changed then perhaps you should do it the same as farmland... You can only produce a nursery on desert tiles next to an irrigated plot. Seem rather absurd to state that I could go into the desert and start planting trees and expect it to produce a forest, since of course it lacks water :p

-- John

I think this looks really great, Ex. I'm going to try it out.

Maybe there should be a difference between a nuclear balistic missle sub and a nuclear attack sub?

I'm glad you put the privateer unit back in.

The great general is a great idea.

Have you thought about modding in the fanatic unit from previous games, maybe make them more terrorist like? (lower happiness, destroy buildings, stealthy..)

How about a radar building in cities or on borders? Sort of like the fort? If a plane gets spotted by radar it has a higher chance of getting intercepted? Stealths of course would be immune to this. Maybe workers could get this capability with radio?

Another worker build: maganot line. ;) Comes with machine gun? The ability to build a line of super forts (which the Germans would go around anyway but it would be fun)

Is it possible to get rifled units to "dig in"? I don't know if this is currently in the game or not. This would be useful for every gunpowder unit. Tanks would be immune to it.

@JohnSearle - hehe I may just do that after all it makes sence... maybe make it like the farms to where irigation carries farther sou you could cover an entire desert as long as as it links to a river :p

@madmaven - Right now the only differences between Submarines and Nuclear Submarines is about 4 strength and bonuses vs eachother (the bigger sub has a negitive bonus when trying to shoot the smaller one and the smaller one is better at shooting the bigger one). I might make more changes later to submarines but they are pretty evil as they are now :p

Credit to the Great General goes to Snaitf. He created it originally and I just merged that into my mod. :p

I honestly never seen the Fanatic unit as I don't remember seeing it in Civ3 and i never played anything older then that. Though I may see if i can track it down. I think i have seen it in the changelogs of other mods.

@Exavier - Too bad you never tried Civ2 (that had fanatic units). It also had a cool units called "Partisans" (I don't remember all the stats) which could be built but the best thing about them was that a certain number were automatically generated when you captured a city (they would appear in random tiles around the city and act as insurgents). It was a cool feature as it added more realism to war, afterall not everyone is going to go quietly home and accept the new regime after they are conquered; some are going to go into the hills and become guerilla fighters (It also happened when the enemy captured one of your cities).

Just something to think about when you are upgrading your mod.

Top Bottom