[MOD] Composite Mod by Exavier

registered to thank you for this mod. With the great improvements in the new patch and your great mod I am getting very excited about what the future may hold for this community and the great fun we should all be having. Thanks

Hey Exavier if you wanta cheat and see my island I posted some pics of the game in the funny screenshot thread:o.

exavier hi,

as for enlarging units - cant i do somthing in your mod for make them bigger?
i know its great for slow machines, butanyway i really be happy to know if its possible.

and i would like to know if you are making another version of this mod?
and if so , do you think you can add civs?

im currently started a game in mp, and its great!!!

Believe me the "smaller units" are a lot better in the end. I too hated the "smaller units" cuz they A: looked like they could get stepped on by an ant B: were small: C: were hard to see and find sometimes but then I realized they made the game not only perform better but use less memory and resources than before so I "learned" to deal with it;).

@keldath - There is a tool (forget the name as i am not at home) that you can use to globaly adjust unit sizes, its what i used to shrink them but its tricky to use on a mod as it doesn't have options to specificly tell it which files to change. It does it to the main game files directly. :eek: To make it work i had to temporaly overwrite those files with my modded ones, copy them back to modded folder, resore originals from backups.

But I will tell you what. Next release I do (hopefully in the next cpl days) I'll create you a normal unit sized version so you can compare the late game preformace. However the version I release with the smaller units is my official MP compatable version and probobly won't change. I can't garentee I will update the version with the larger graphics but we will see (that and i need to see how preformance works with then normal units after 1.52 patch).

Nothing...:mischief:

The Condor said:
Wait, so now you are giving him his own "special" version of your mod:eek:!?!

lol well I would like to test the preformace myself anyway. And it won't be special its just releasing a Beta version so to speak. Its not like i am going to update it regularly (unless I can restore it to normal size without issues because of v1.52 patch)

Besides... HUSH... your getting your own civilization as a thankyou :lol:

.... Oh yeah. *scurrys away to edit stuff*

wow, exavier,
thanks for your refferance!

anyway - i slowly accepring the small units.. its hard but i think now if i see regular unit id think their huge....:)
but it indeed would be nice to have the option though.. just thought.

and how about new civs?

mary chirstmass!!!

@keldath - hehe well if you want I can make that 2nd version though I don't think it would get updated... I kinda like my smaller units :p

btw the program i used for the unit size is called Civscale :)

So far the only new civs are the Korean and Sumerian civs. I gave authority over picking the new civs I add to Kolyana who is out of town for the holiday season I believe so there probobly won't be any new ones in the next update.

Sorry there will be 3 new civs but they aren't real Civs. I decided that I am going to create a custom civ for me and my 3 testers (if they want them, kolyana excluded as she isn't here to give me info). These civs are going to be balanced with the others in that they pretty much use existing things exept they will just be our preferred traits, starting techs, UUs :p

Also they will not be AI controllable so you will never face them on the battlefield unless its an MP game so if you don't like them being there... don't play them :p

Merry Christmas to you too :)

Wait... who is the other tester besides me and Kolyana?

I knew that was what you were doing during all those times. I knew it I so knew it. Did I tell ya' I knew it:D! So are you ready to get your butt handed to you on monday:p?

Well, did i tell you before I handed you the save I used worldbuilder to give me SDI for when you'd do this:p!

hi exavier!

well about the civs - its ok... though in my opinon maybe you should give your new civs more inttersting uniqe units -not see units - but land units and more effective - like the conquesitor, or th pretorian for instance. just a thought.

and if its not much trouble -i would love to have a mod with large units... but only if u wish. its fine just the way it is now anyhow.
i think currently - your mod is the only mp competibble.

well marry chistmass to you.

Top Bottom