1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Composite Mod by Exavier

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Exavier, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Esteban

Esteban Chieftain

I like the ActualQuotes mod .... adds feeling ... maybe you could put it in there

Anyway, GREAT mod.

2. Exavier

Exavier Destroyer of Worlds

@Esteban - This has actually been suggested. It will probobly be added but not imediatly... I have to look at it closer to make sure it won't interfear with future plans :)

3. JohnSearle

JohnSearle Chieftain

@Exavier

How are you liking your small cult following? ;)

4. Exavier

@JohnSearle - lol. Actually sometimes it makes me feel bad for Developers who don't release patches on time :p

Seriously though this is actually the first game mod I have ever made public. Its not the first one I have done (as I am an avid gammer lol) but usually I don't put this much effort into one (discriptions, stability, balance, ect) because it just stays between me and close friends :p

5. Varek

Varek Chieftain

Hi,

Just a quick note to say thanks for this mod, i'm having a blast with it.

Also as a request I'd like to suggest adding the Civ4 Leaders Mod by Llotyhy, I added it in without much trouble, and its nice to have more options on who to play.

Thanks again.

Varek

6. Kolyana

Kolyana Czarina

Exavier, WillowMound and myself have teamed up to wokr on future incarnations of ActualQuotes, which will beocme more of a Revised Diplomacy mod; he's handling the words, I'm handling the Python.

Right now it's just 2 XML files (or it will be in the next incarnation), but the 'problem' I see at the momement is that you'll need to add your extra civilizations (Sumeria and Korea) into these two files.

I'll happily do this for you, if you like, with me being intimately familiar with the ActualQuotes files.

Future incarnations (after the next release) will probably start seeing some modified python *and* adjusted XML.

Oh, and *don't* add his version one ... it's actually got a small bug and needs the second file he'll be releasing soon.

7. Exavier

@Varek - I am working on getting more leaders/civs added. The only reason I haven't dumped many of these civs into my mod yet is because I (with the help of Kolyana) am trying to make sure we only get completed Civilizations
    (Citys, Discriptions, Diplomatic Stances, ect)

thanx for the comments :p

Edit: @Kolyana - That would be great. If you wana keep it updated I have no roblems putting it in... After all i have you looking at the civs I add to my mod so you can put in what you think will be needed :p

8. The Condor

The Condor On an excellent adventure

What can I do:D?

9. Kolyana

Kolyana Czarina

I guess that falls hand in hand, doesn't it!

I'm going away from the 23rd through 5th (back to England to see family), but when I get back I'll co-ordinate with you and your next release (by then I believe WillowMound will have his next version out, which adds some really nice text to the AI in all the right places).

I've also been testing a few other civs and leaders, so I'll discuss these with you when I get back.

10. Exavier

@Kolyana - Hehe cool. I plan to have another update just after xmas with the 2 mods I am working with right now (Pedia and Advisor Screen). So i will look forward to the new ideas when you get back :p

@Condor - I thought you were the official mod tester :p

hmm i think next version I need to put you guys in the readme file cause you have both been alot of help :)

11. The Condor

...Oh yeah! I almost forgot:D. Fortunately, I didn't *quickly logs on to Civ4, finds the mod and starts playing a game* forget or you would probably be pissed by now wouldn't you be:D?

12. Exavier

nah lol. but you have found most of the bugs that I missed :p

13. The Condor

Yeah, I have a knack for that (and I still disagree with the three national wonder per city:p).

14. Exavier

lol so? i'm not changing it back :p

15. The Condor

:cry:NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!:cry::p

16. Sisonpyh

Sisonpyh Prince

Can you add in the religious UU from the Lost Units mods? Like the Crusader etc.

17. Exavier

@Sisonpyh - The reason I hadn't added any of the religious units from Lost Units Mod is because I don't think the AI will use them like they use the other units I have added. I can look into it a little more when i get time (as i haven't tested the religious units in that mod yet) but right now i haven't decided.

Hey Condor if you read this maybe you can play a game with the Lost Units mod and see if the Religious units are used by the AI.

Its not that I care if the human players have units the AI doesn't know how to use... its just that when it has an effect on the religions of the game it makes it a very unfare advantage if the AIs can't use it. But like i said i'd take a look again :)

18. Sisonpyh

Sisonpyh Prince

Does the AI use the Nuclear Sub to carry ICBMS? And does it use the Cargo plane?

19. Exavier

No they don't but they aren't game breaking... they do use Nuclear subs as a warship though. the Nuclear Sub was designed with MP in mind to hid your nuclear arsenal. the cargo plane to fill a gap airports leave out (never seen an AI build an airport either)

Anyway further changes have been put on hold due to the new patch v1.52 released today.

Hopefully i can get my Mod back up to full functionality and on par with this new patch within a cpl days. They changed a few things dealing with technologies and unit costs that i need to go in and edit.

20. Exavier

Mod Updated to version 1.4

In light of the new game patch version 1.52 and the changes it made i had to go back and modify my mod to make it compatable. This version doesn't have any new editions as I had to step back to previous version (v1.3) and start from there again due to the changes.

I am pretty sure i got everything modified so it will work but if you have any problems please let me know.

I also left the version 1.3 of the mod up for download in case you don't have the v1.52 game patch. v1.4 of my mod will ONLY work on the new game patch. :)

EDIT: Note save games probobly won't be compatable :(