Mod dead ?

I don't know of any stable version. The last so called stable version has a nasty faith bug among other bugs that need to be fixed. The beta version has its own problems too. I wish we could have at least got one stable version before the vacation. Oh well back to guild wars 2 :p

You could help with the development of the game if you wish. You can do a fork in github repository and helping to correct those bug you say. What do you say?

You could help with the development of the game if you wish. You can do a fork in github repository and helping to correct those bug you say. What do you say?

I would be glad to help if what little skills I have can help. :blush: My only skills is I know how to play and that only goes as high as king level.

Apart from few nasty balance issues, the mod is quite playable & enjoyable in current state (more than vanilla obviously). I just wish that religion is fixed. Currently the one who found it first dominates everyone. And Korea is very OP with 2 science on farms.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Haha, this sums it up. It's only been a couple of weeks. Let him get some R&R!

The last update was Feb. 28th. I would say its been a bit more than two weeks. :p The mod IMHO is unplayable due to a faith bug and a few others. It's a shame for the mod is by far the best out there.

So, where did you report this bug? The mod is not a one man effort, even though Thalassicus is the most active. Maybe someone else can fix it.
BTW last "update" was April 14 on GitHub. This is where you should check the mod progress.
And don't forget the new expansion coming soon. Maybe he's don't want to waste efforts modding stuff that will change in the near future.

Yet his abscence on the boards is slightly worrying. Any modder had recent contact with him? Is he OK?

As far as the faith bug the one I understand there to be in 2.52, where the AI gets apparently free faith or some faith boosting effect and takes an absurdly high priority to religion, the beta somewhat addressed it but broke some other things in balance and glitches.

I find 2.52 to be mostly playable (with my own modifications to the economy and navy that is, and incorporating some of the leaders changes from 2.6), but there's a couple outstanding issues yes.

Can someone provide me with a link to the Github? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks mystikx.

Are there any significant changes since the last beta (1.14beta2)? It doesn't look like it, but if so how do I DL the mod from there? Is it even possible?

I haven't looked into any significant changes, but a lot was typos and translations from scanning over the histories rather than bug fixes or implementing even more leaders changes or any new opportunities, etc.

I'm not sure how to use it and d/l it. I'm not as familiar with the github method I'm afraid so much as tinkering with what was already available and modding easy things in from the beta on top of the older version more piecemeal. I just know where it was. Could try this though. https://github.com/Thalassicus/gem/blob/master/README.txt

I'm still trying to sort out the causes of the global income bugs myself more than adding anything new.

The last update was Feb. 28th. I would say its been a bit more than two weeks. :p The mod IMHO is unplayable due to a faith bug and a few others. It's a shame for the mod is by far the best out there.

Have you tried the Steam version? I play it on the Emperor level, and when I rushbuy a shrine in the beginning and then focus on religion a bit, I always get a pantheon and religion.

However I sometimes experience this bug:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=494534
- luckily it seems only temporary in most of the games, so I did not have to abandon my recent games.

Have you tried the Steam version? I play it on the Emperor level, and when I rushbuy a shrine in the beginning and then focus on religion a bit, I always get a pantheon and religion.

However I sometimes experience this bug:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=494534
- luckily it seems only temporary in most of the games, so I did not have to abandon my recent games.

I have the latest stable version. The beta version has its own issues. Anyway I don't even play this mod anymore. I just stop by in the hopes that something gets fixed. In the meantime I play Anno Domini mod. Here is the link if you're interested.

http://www.annodomini.org.uk/

I have the latest stable version.

And what is the number of your version?

I have installed CivUP 2.5.1 GK v.1 and GEM 1.13.4 v1 via Steam Workshop and it works fine, I have no problems with getting pantheon / religion. If you did the manual installation, you should have version 2.5.2.

I vaguely remember that AI was beating me to Pantheon pretty badly at the time I tried installing 2.5.2 manually before. Then I went back to 2.5.1 via Steam Workshop and now I always get Pantheon without much trouble.

If you are actualy running 2.5.1, then I have no idea what could be causing the faith bug for you. Have you tried this?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10901714#post10901714

^^^

I don't have any version anymore. I will give the auto download a shot and see how it goes.

Update: I loaded 2.51 was using 2.52 and the faith bug is gone or at least it was not part of my first game. I will check again tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. :)

2.51 does have a game-killing bug with the Wat Phra Kaew wonder in GEM, but you can hotfix it and continue playing without incident.

Top Bottom