Mod dead ?

I don't know of any stable version. The last so called stable version has a nasty faith bug among other bugs that need to be fixed. The beta version has its own problems too. I wish we could have at least got one stable version before the vacation.
Sadly, it's truth for any stage of this giant pack development.
Mod looked in new requests threads when general logs still were garbaged.
Fixing all lua problems may take weeks now.

Still, xml&sql changes are very usefull and unique, they worth cutting.

I think it is pretty obvious that Thal was brought in by Firaxis to help test BNW. He went silent right before they publicly announced the expansion. If it was just taking some time off from Civ modding I think he would have told us that.

I think it is pretty obvious that Thal was brought in by Firaxis to help test BNW. He went silent right before they publicly announced the expansion. If it was just taking some time off from Civ modding I think he would have told us that.

Bwahahahahahaha. He is taking some personal time, that is all!

Well Thal is in the Frankenstein test group. There is absolutely no doubt that he has access to BNW test builds. Whether he's taking a break because of this cannot be known.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12189122&postcount=6

The hotfix for Wat is actually in version 2.52 with other changes, some of which aren't positively received. So if all one is concerned about is the Wat bug that crashes the game, then that post is close to what would be necessary to adjust from a 2.51 version. The code lines are off because Thal used the 2.52 version to describe his fix, but it should just be the second reference adjusted.

I'm sure Thal is just resting up so he can update the mod for BNW right after release, right? :groucho:

Just kidding, thanks for all the work you guys do, it's amazing how much time and effort you guys put into this. :hatsoff:

I wish I was in the Frankenstein group :(

The biggest problem (at least for me) is going back to the old AI, interface and style of well ... everything. I don't think i can enjoy this game without some of the improvements :)

Hopefully Thal would fix GEM before moving on to Brave New Modding. I probably won't be buying the new xpack till it goes on big sale in winter or something.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully Thal would fix GEM before moving on to Brave New Modding. I probably won't be buying the new xpack till it goes on big sale in winter or something.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

This +1 ...

Just noticed Thal's been playing civ on Steam again (jeez I feel like a stalker:lol:) - don't know if he's testing BNW or working on UP/GEM of course though.

I choose to assume he has finished the BNW port of GEM, expanded it, and is now playing it himself, since he can't release it yet.

I want to believe.

Top Bottom