1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. Nelietis

Nelietis Chieftain

Its simple, just don't update the game if you fancy to play ffh, new civ4 patch isn't critical.

2. MrPopov

MrPopov King

unless you have the steam version like me which auto-updates :(

3. puckgood

puckgood Chieftain

Hey,

Is there a FFH mod for warlords? I've been looking.... I got the Civ 4 gold package, I think.... Also, do I need the original FFH?

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

There was never a FfH version for Warlords. Versions 0.23 (0.23c is the final version of the Fire phase) and earlier were for Vanilla Civ, while versions 0.24 (0.24 and 0.25 were beta conversions to BtS, 0.25 was the first version compaibel with the 3.13 BtS patch, and 0.30 was the first version of the Shadow phase. 0.32 will probbaly be the first version compatible with 3.17, but we have to wait for Kael to get back from Utah to get that) and on were for BtS.

Whenever the number changes, it is a seperate mod. You do not need any of the old versions to play a newer one (or vice versa, obviously). You do need to download the whole mod though, not just the Patch (denoted by the letter after the number).

5. puckgood

puckgood Chieftain

Thanks..... so is it possible to play the vanilla version if I have Warlords installed? Or should I go out and grab BtS (I know I should any way, and probably will, but I'm wicked cheap.... BAH HUMBUG!)?

6. MagisterCultuum

The vanilla versions are not compatible with Warlords or BtS, and the BtS versions are not compatible with vanilla or Warlords. Having Warlords installed does not stop you from playing version 0.23 or earlier, just as it does not stop you from playing a normal game of vanilla civ. You won't be able to take advantage of anything warlords introduced when playing FfH though, and you will need BtS for playing the Shadow or the (not yet created) Ice phase versions.

7. Elrikk

Elrikk Chieftain

There is an option in steam to (on a game by game basis) update automatically or only manually.

I think it is somewhere in the game properties.

Elrikk

8. Chip56

Chip56 King

Yep, but you have to play with your vanilla civ CD.

9. Nelietis

Nelietis Chieftain

I have finished your mod several times now, its great, I like it even more than original game,
    but you might consider adding something more for replayability, like more events, more barbarian kings and monsters which are coming into game at random points to make game more alive.

10. Omegon3

Omegon3 Prince

I was playing as the Luchirp recently and (finally) looked up the Civilopedia entry for their hero, Barnaxus. It appears to indicate that all golems in the Luchirp civilization should inherit the promotions of Barnaxus if I read it correctly. However, upon going further into the game with some upgrades to Barnaxus, I wasn't seeing any change in my golems -- all of them were starting at the "1" experience level.

Did I read the Civilopedia correctly in this regard? If so, how do you apply Barnaxus' promotions to other golems -- do they have to be in the same square or does Barnaxus need to be in the city when you create the golems?

Thanks.

11. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

yea, we are in the progress of doing that.

12. Omegon3

Omegon3 Prince

OK... I'm always asking questions that undoubtedly offend the designers, but I'll go ahead anyway.

I think that Brigit is a pretty cool hero, but the only time I've managed to get a unit up to the required level "15" is with the Calabim. Even going to war with a great general attached to the unit, promotions are slow going -- I'm normally lucky to get a normal unit up to "10" and, with heroes, once they hit the magic number "100" (about a 10 -- sometimes...) they no longer get points for battling barbarians.

Since I typically don't go to war a lot, it's almost impossible for me to get a unit up to "15" unless I'm playing the Calabim.

So... I searched every "xml" file I could find looking for the magic number "15" in relation to "Brigit", "Brigit_Held", and the "Ring of Carcer". The only thing that I could find was a "BombardRate" of "15" that, upon changing it and going back into the game, didn't do the trick.

My question is: Where do I find the "15" value so that I could, occassionally, claim Brigit WITHOUT being a vampire lord? Or is this "hardcoded" into the programs so that it cannot be changed?

Thanks.

13. MagisterCultuum

The wording in the 'pedia is way outdated. In early versions of Light (before I discovered FfH) he gave out all his promotions (or was it only combat promotions?) to all the golems. This was found to be too powerful, so it was changed so that he instead gave out an Empower promotion for each combat promotion he has.

The requirement isn't intrinsic to Brigit or the Ring of Carcer, but is rather set in python.

in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 032 m\Assets\python\CvEventManager.py:
    Code:
    	def onImprovementBuilt(self, argsList):
    		'Improvement Built'
    		iImprovement, iX, iY = argsList

if iImprovement == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_RING_OF_CARCER'):
    			pPlot = CyMap().plot(iX, iY)
    			pPlot.setMinLevel(15)

I've changed pPlot.setMinLevel(15) to pPlot.setMinLevel(12) in my version, to make it a little more reasonable.

14. Omegon3

Omegon3 Prince

What is the "Empower" promotion? How is it applied?

Thanks!!

15. Omegon3

Omegon3 Prince

Does this have to be compiled in some fashion or is it effective as soon as you make the change and restart BTS?

16. MagisterCultuum

The Empower promotions are basically a nerfed version of the combat promotions. They only provide +10% combat strength instead of +20%. Each combat promotion that a caster has cause its summons to be given the corresponding level of Empower. Additionally, the Def doTurn Luchuip(self, iPlayer) function in CustomFunctions.py gives them out too all Luchuirp golems (expect Barnaxus) each turn based on what combat promotions Barnaxus has.

Python does not have to be compiled. Just edit it in notepad (or notepad2, or notepad++, or a python editing program) and remember to save it.

Civ IV is designed to reload python files automatically once they are saved. Technically, you don't have to restart to test python changes. However, "reloading python modules" tends to mess up a lot of things that FfH added, so I highly recommend you exit and restart anyway. I don;t think that leaving the program really matters (like it does with xml changes), but you should not try to keep playing a game after/while editing python files.

Plus, this particular code would only be relevant at the start of the game, so changing it later on wouldn't help.

17. carnivore1

carnivore1 Chieftain

Hi
    I have some question about the game
    first, how can i release Brigit ? the civpedia doesn't help much..
    second, i have been fighting the dark elfs, and i have encountered a strange thing
    my units seems to disapper after 1 turn when they are in ancient forest, and even from a city !
    they just get transformed to my territory and i don't know why..

can you help on this ?

thanx

18. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

Not sure about you second problem, but you can get Brigit by moving a level 15 unit to her tile, on the Ring of Carcer.

You can get a level 15 unit easily. Heroes are good, and add in a war against a neighbor should work. Also, Units with the CoE ability Mask are the bet. You can easily geta level 15 assasin with HN.

19. MagisterCultuum

Britit_held is a 0 str barbarian unit spawned on the ring of carcer improvement. Any unit with combat strength that is not always defensive can capture her, getting the unheld version of her. However, the ring of carcer's tile is set to require a unit have attained at least level 15 to enter the tile to attack her.

20. carnivore1

carnivore1 Chieftain

ok thanx
    and about the problem with ancient wood ? any idea why my units are getting lost ?