[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

The next regular real life day: Something is definitely wrong here. After another hour of playing through multiple turns the research time clock never moved beyond "Research: Calendar (1)". Furthermore, when I went back to looking at other technologies they all assured me each would be achieved in only one turn. But picking any one of them did not work. No matter what tech was chosen playing more turns resulted in absolutely no movement of the research clock. Research is clearly dead in the water. Territories expand, roads are built, new cities founded. But technology is frozen for me. While the AI seems to able to create new types of units.

(sigh).

OOPS! Stupid user error here!

I just realized I had TURNED OFF the research clock in order to raise some quick cash several turns ago. Hey! I'm 60 years old. I forget things. Duh ... :blush:

OOPS! Stupid user error here!

I just realized I had TURNED OFF the research clock in order to raise some quick cash several turns ago. Hey! I'm 60 years old. I forget things. Duh ... :blush:

I was just going to answer it, in FfH2 no research is shown as 1 turn left and not as many turns as in vanilla BtS

2 player multiplayer, starting about turn 400 now we are crashing about every other turn.

The same to us. 040z is not playable for multiplayers. We went back to an earlier version. I really hope Kael sometimes cares about multiplayers.

So I am guessing since fall further uses FFH2 assets it will not be playable either. I wonder if you rerun an earlier patch it will work or if I have to reinstall ffh2 then the specific patch I want to play. I wish I could remember which was the last one we were able to play a full game with. I think it was x or y. Does anyone playing multiplayer rember?

It is not that he doesn't care it would be impossible to check for everything on every patch unsing every possible configuration then do it again multiplayer. It is the nature of the beast. When you play mods you risk your time but remember all the time the modders put into making the mod. We are playing they are well I hope they consider making a mod play as well. But I'm sure there becomes an element of "work" associated with it at times.

Can I slam it on top of Solver's patch and BUG mod?

I love what i've played of this mod so far, i'm in my first go at the game (playing with the latest patch and the media pack), and it's crashing whenever one of my adepts casts the Spring spell. I've tried from the same save a few times; attempting to use the spell on different tiles and different turns. If there is a quick way to fix this i'd be very grateful 'cos the mod is fantastic :)

Can I slam it on top of Solver's patch and BUG mod?
I believe that Solver's patch is all in the dll, which would be ignored as FfH uses its own dll. I believe that the FfH dll includes everything in Solver's anyway.

The BUG mod and FfH would not be automatically compatible, but I think there is a version of FfH that includes it. There might not be a recent version though.

I love what i've played of this mod so far, i'm in my first go at the game (playing with the latest patch and the media pack), and it's crashing whenever one of my adepts casts the Spring spell. I've tried from the same save a few times; attempting to use the spell on different tiles and different turns. If there is a quick way to fix this i'd be very grateful 'cos the mod is fantastic :)

Some aspects of BUG are included in the mod mod fall further... give that a whirl as it adds some intersting elements.

I believe that Solver's patch is all in the dll, which would be ignored as FfH uses its own dll. I believe that the FfH dll includes everything in Solver's anyway.

There are a couple things that aren't. The only one concerning FFH is the ability to view demographics with the no espionage game option set.

Hey there, i just wanted to know, what do i do if i get the error message saying "GFC Error: Failied to initialise the primary control theme" when i try to load the mod from the "load mod" option in the advanced menu.
Thanks =D

Hey there, i just wanted to know, what do i do if i get the error message saying "GFC Error: Failied to initialise the primary control theme" when i try to load the mod from the "load mod" option in the advanced menu.
Thanks =D

From the first post in the bug thread.

System Issues:
1. "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" error loading the mod. You will recieve this error if FfH isn't installed in the correct location (under Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods). If you don't have Civ4 installed to that location just make sure the FfH is installed in the same directory as Final Frontier, Age of Ice and the other mods that came with BtS. Also make sure you have installed the full mod and not just the patch.

If you're wondering what the bug thread is, it's this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308020.

There's a whole subforum devoted to FfH, which you'll probably want to check out if you end up enjoying the mod.

Can I make a GiantMap size(30+ Civ, 192x120) in FfH2? and how ;)
Huge map is too small for me.

Last edited:
It is not that he doesn't care it would be impossible to check for everything on every patch unsing every possible configuration then do it again multiplayer. It is the nature of the beast. When you play mods you risk your time but remember all the time the modders put into making the mod. We are playing they are well I hope they consider making a mod play as well. But I'm sure there becomes an element of "work" associated with it at times.

So no more 8+ player LAN games with my friends in FFH? :( hmmm... does FF have the same issues in multiplayer?

FF is worse at multiplayer then FFH2, I am going to play patch N on FF this week end.

I'm sure they will fix multiplayer, I just thought it was childish to say Kale didn't care about multiplayer because there was a multiplayer bug. That is just stupid. Multiplayer may work fine if you get the right draw of Civs in the game. WE got away with playing multiplayer last patch but by no means did we get every civilization combination. We only played two games multiplayer on this patch and both gave CTD's this time around.

To go back a patch do you have to uninstall then reinstall and install that patch or can you simply rerun the older patch. Some how I think option A.

FF is worse at multiplayer then FFH2, I am going to play patch N on FF this week end.

I'm sure they will fix multiplayer, I just thought it was childish to say Kale didn't care about multiplayer because there was a multiplayer bug. That is just stupid. Multiplayer may work fine if you get the right draw of Civs in the game. WE got away with playing multiplayer last patch but by no means did we get every civilization combination. We only played two games multiplayer on this patch and both gave CTD's this time around.

To go back a patch do you have to uninstall then reinstall and install that patch or can you simply rerun the older patch. Some how I think option A.

Well... I just hope to hear from the team soon, I'd hate to have to play Vanilla civ4 at LAN when we have a mod like FFH around... so here is hoping you are still reading up on the forums Kael. :)

I hope they fix alot of the bugs in Multiplayer including the infernal and mercernary bug thats been their since civ 4. i used to be able to get around that oos by rejoining the game but that doesn't work anymore since i like playing with or against other players and sometimes as the infernal civ but that can't happen now
i'd have to go back to .23 to do that plus then i get the to use the old tsunami spell effects

i know alot of ppl don't care about pvping or team pvping

Top Bottom