[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Angry? You need to relax.

Most of the 'issues' you mention are necessary balance changes or exploit fixes, nothing to get upset about.

A few points:

Hawks/assassins. That was a silly immersion-breaking exploit and was removed for good reason (why would an assassin kill a hawk over a wounded hero?) Look into ways of getting the guardsman promotion such as combat4>guardsmen, bannor, aristocracy+royal guard. Or assassinate assassins. Or just keep an eye out for assassins and move vulnerable units away from the front line.

Kuriotates. Sprawling is key to the uniqueness of that civilisation and getting around that with unrestricted leaders was a loophole, now closed.

Acheron. You need to actually capture him to allow movement, the default barbarian unit cannot move.

Exploring. I'm sure it is intentional that most dungeons are dangerous. Try using units with some experience to explore them for a better chance of good outcomes (not heroes though, too risky!) and leave them until your cities are secured with defensive units.

Against the wall. You will have to build some settlers...

Also, relax.

OK... Again this may be Firaxis' issue, but I'll mention it anyway. You have a BIG stack of units -- one so big that they cannot all fit in the frame where they appear on the screen. I can find one TINY right (<) arrow close to the "quit turn" button (kind of clumsy in this position), but I cannot locate a left (>) arrow. How the heck to I scroll through a large set of selected units?

Mate, what version are you playing? When I have a stack of say 100 units, it just gives me more lines of units icons. I do vaguely remember having to scroll through the unit icon's, but that was a very long time ago.

Well, he sort of changed his mind about that. He got to patch z already, so he is moving to .41 next and thinks that a whole new download is best since it includes a lot of new art. However, the actual file name no longer contains the version number, so .41 would overwrite .40.

Main thing is that previously new version = new toys. Now new version = packed art = smaller future patches + quicker loadtimes. New toys are unlikely to happen at all, but if they do won't wait around till a new version, but just pop into the next patch after they are refined by the team.

There's still a few thing I'd like to see added in, like Spearmen and Pikemen (Orbis has those, but Orbis has long turn times at times)

hey, was just wondering, how i view the membership screen ( i am in overcouncil ) so that i may run for president etc..

Since Over/Undercouncil is a Civic, if you go to the "info" tab of the Foriegn relations screen you will be able to see which civs have joined which.

Version 0.41 has been uploaded and is linked in the first post. It will break save games and is a complete download of FfH. When you install it, if you have a former version of Fall from Heaven installed it will ask to rename that directory to "Fall from Heaven 2.old", please allow it to do so so it will clean up the old directory (this will dramatically improve your load times).

The new version makes the following changes:

1. Fixed a divide by zero CtD in CvCityAI::AI_updateSpecialYieldMultiplier().
2. Removed Blue Marble.
3. New Temple of Leaves model (from Kohan II).
4. New Song of Autumn model (from Kohan II).
5. Pact of the Nilhorn changed from a wonder to a ritual.
6. Fixed the Tablets of Bambur model.
7. Went through and corrected all the building pedia entries.
8. Fixed a problem with the main menu backgrounds so the old ones are back in.
9. New Arthendain model by seZereth.
10. New Khazad Crossbowman model by seZereth.
11. New Angel of Death model by Ploeperpengel.
12. New Khazad Berserker model by seZereth.
13. The Black Tower- Fixed a CtD that can happen when attacking Tebryn's capital.
14. Lord of the Balors- Keelyn will now display her victory message correctly.
15. New Dwarven Paladin model by seZereth.
16. Fixed an issue with Wonder that caused summoner players to keep units for 3 turns instead of 2 turns.
17. Dispel Magic now correctly dispels enemy buffs and allied debuffs.
18. Fixed an issue that could cause unique events to never trigger.
19. Added the ability to examine cities before you decide to keep or raze them (code by Smeagolheart!).
20. Mulcarn Reborn- Updated map.
21. New Pillar of Chains model by Deon.
22. AI: The AI won't priest spam city trapped (UNITAI_MISSIONARY) priests anymore.
23. Units with a duration (ie: non-permanent summons) won't cost unit maintenance or away costs.
24. AI: The AI is more likely to give items in trade for peace if overwhelmed.
25. New Orc Paladin model by seZereth.
26. AI: Leaders can now have a favorite unitcombat (so amelanchier will prefer archers, alexis melee, tasunke mounted, etc) which helps in building units, choosing buildings, and selecting techs.
27. AI: Leaders can now have a favorite tech (instead of the python forced teching).
28. New Svartalfar Beastmaster model by seZereth.
29. New Bannor Chariot, Calabim Chariot, Sidar Chariot, Sheam Horse Archer, Amurite Chariot, Amurite Horse Archer, Doviello Chariot, Doviello Horse Archer, Illian Chariot, Illian Horse Archer, Lanun Chariot and Lanun Horse Archer by the Coyote.
30. 70 Meg smaller than version 0.40 (improved loading times).
31. Installer Now checks to make sure 3.17 is installed and posts an error if it isn't installed.

Well, I just downloaded and tried to install it. I can't get past the "Requires Beyond the Sword 3.17" dialog. I have that installed through Steam, but it apparently doesn't seem to recognize that I do. I've had no problems with installing any of the previous versions of FFH2.

I uploaded the file to rapidshare for all those who have problems downloading the mod from the original download sites

You can easily defeat the download limit by redialing your internet connection, you need to get a different IP.

2 file-version said:

I had to divide the original file into 2 files with WinRar due to the upload limit, download both files into one directory and extract the file from the archive.

edit: links updated 30th October 2009

I have a couple of suggestions, these may not be new ideas but here they are. Would it be possible to create a gameplay option where the blight could be reduced in severity, delayed, or turned off without removing the AC? I think it would also be very neat for leaders to have a "religion affinity" that makes their leader more selective about which they convert to and makes an itty bitty adjustment to the probability opposing religions will spread to them. I am hoping this will prevent situations where every civ in the game becomes evil and has the ashen veil religion. Ethne the White with a horde of diseased corpses is just wierd. The last notion is that death magic possessing the only rank 1 summon spell (summon skeleton) is somewhat unbalancing. I think it is great as a rank 1 ability for helping a player out with barbs or aggressive ai, but it would be nice if there were a less stigmatized (pun intended) magic that could have an equally modest summon. Perhaps nature magic being used to summon a strength 2 movement 2 wolf, or a strength 3 lion?

Top Bottom