[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I though it was more of a reference to the Octopus Overlords site, which I think was a reference to begin with.

Actually, the octopus overlords site "motto" (That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons bring us some web forums whereupon we can gather) is a classic statement from h.p. lovecraft's works that comes originally like this: "That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die".

When i try to found the city, the 0.33 variant of FFH2 crashed completely.

That version is waaaaaay obsolete.

I think it would also be very neat for leaders to have a "religion affinity" that makes their leader more selective about which they convert to and makes an itty bitty adjustment to the probability opposing religions will spread to them.

That system is already in place, but the values are not high enough. My beef with it is everyone inevitably converting to FoL, or, worse, RoK with its aligment-changing mechanics when the Ljos or the Khazad are in the game.

So here are the links to the files which somewhat limit the spread of RoK/FoL in the game and make the leaders' religion behaviour a bit more lore-like:

The ReligionInfos file. Goes to Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Gameinfo.

LeaderheadInfos file. Goes to Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Civilizations.

So far, they should work with every patch after 0.41 included. Each next patch overwrites these files back to their original state, so if you want to continue using them after applying a patch, you should drop them in their respective folders again. You'd better rename the original files first, just in case.

Thanks for making those files. If you have the information easily at hand could you post a summary of the changes? I was trawling through them trying to make notes but it's pretty time-consuming.

I ask for two reasons, one is that some specific changes are going to be disliked by some people who want to implement the general idea and the second is that I'm genuinely interested in knowing which religions are supposed to be favoured by which leaders from a roleplaying perspective. I'd prefer to tech towards the 'right' religion rather than the most convenient.

Thanks again!

Thanks for making those files. If you have the information easily at hand could you post a summary of the changes?

Leaders are more reluctant to open borders.
Bannor, Malakim, Elohim leaders and Cardith can no longer think about attacking you when they're at Pleased with you.
The spread rates of FoL and RoK changed from 100 to 5.

The religion weights are changed as per the following (0 - default, +100 is the maximum positive weight value, -100 is the maximum negative weight value):

Spoiler :

(There are some inconsistencies, since I didn't spend much time revising them, but nothing drastic).

Attachments

• weights.GIF
    weights.GIF
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,329
@ Benkyo

Included in the file folder of FFH is a spreadsheet that will let you change almost everything about the game. if you dig around in there it has all of the waiting to religions in the leaders page.

Included in the file folder of FFH is a spreadsheet that will let you change almost everything about the game. if you dig around in there it has all of the waiting to religions in the leaders page.

He's asking me about my own changes.

Everytime someone declares a war to me the game crashes!
What can be done?

Redownload the mod and reinstall. I suspect this is a problem with the leaderheads that is fixed in the new version.

...the first FFH was amazingly cool. This just looks great!

Patch "a" is linked in the first post. It won't break save games and resolves the following issues:

1. Fixed a graphic error with the Dwarven Smithy.
2. Fixed a graphic error withe Adularia Chamber.
3. Fixed a graphic error with the Amurite Archer.
4. Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when the game starts if the Hyborem menu is selected (thanks to Zifnab!).
5. Fixed an issue with the Decius model (he would show up as a red blob).

I don't have Beyond the Sword, is there someplace I can download a pre-BtS version? Gameflood is no more and thus no longer hosts the file.

Oh and I remember playing FFH2 about 1.5 years ago or so.. wasn't there a version(s) with Warlords? Or was I just playing vanilla and dont remember? lol

with my friend we have same boxes of BtS from same store, both patched to 3.17. We both installed Ffh 2 041, patch a, media pack in same order. But game keeps saying our versions are different, and i see his name in multiplayer with MOD Nickname. Game freezes after launch, but we had a great time playing on older versions. Now i dont understand what can be a problem :( Can vista <> xp cause this?

Leaders are more reluctant to open borders.
Bannor, Malakim, Elohim leaders and Cardith can no longer think about attacking you when they're at Pleased with you.

The religion weights are changed as per the following (0 - default, +100 is the maximum positive weight value, -100 is the maximum negative weight value):

Spoiler :

(There are some inconsistencies, since I didn't spend much time revising them, but nothing drastic).
Thanks again! I think I might tweak to heavier religion weighting without the other changes.
While most of the preferences are obvious from the text, scenarios and lore, the numbers really clarified the following leader's preferences for me:
Kaelyn for Ashen while Perpentach is for Octopus.
Flauros for Esus/Octopus while Alexis is for Ashen/Esus.
Cardith slightly prefers Order over Empyrean.
A general weak trend in favour of Fellowship and Ashen for the Doviello and Embers except for Mahala who doesn't favour Ashen. Seems strange to me that the Doviello would go for Fellowship.
Valledia having a weak preference for Fellowship/Esus and Dain for Fellowship/Empyrean was also surprising.
Faeryl confirmed as having no aversion to Fellowship while teching for Esus.
Falamar being in favour of Octopus/Esus.
Hippus having absolutely no preferences.

Seems strange to me that the Doviello would go for Fellowship.

Well, their society is completely based on survival of the fittest. Weak do not survive. Like in nature. Sure, the Doviello interpretation of the FoL would be more brutal then the Elven one.

Flauros for Esus/Octopus while Alexis is for Ashen/Esus.

Alexis, lore-wise, is more rash and direct, while Flauros prefers more subltle approaches.

Thanks again! I think I might tweak to heavier religion weighting without the other changes.

Less widespread Open Borders is another method I use to curb early religions. It limits their spread by acolytes.

I don't have Beyond the Sword, is there someplace I can download a pre-BtS version? Gameflood is no more and thus no longer hosts the file.

Oh and I remember playing FFH2 about 1.5 years ago or so.. wasn't there a version(s) with Warlords? Or was I just playing vanilla and dont remember? lol

Shameless bump.. but no one is even acknowledging my post.

Is there anywhere to download version .23c the pre-Beyond the Sword version? Gameflood no longer hosts files.

Shameless bump.. but no one is even acknowledging my post.

Is there anywhere to download version .23c the pre-Beyond the Sword version? Gameflood no longer hosts files.

I updated the link in the first post to a good location. When you have a chance you should upgrade to BtS, we have a ton of new features in the BtS version of FfH2.

Top Bottom