1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. AncientSion

AncientSion Warlord

The download i did should be alright. Because the archives are merging correctly, its the installer that is broken. If it would be my download, then the archives shouldnt be able to merge in the first place.

torrent please. Makes it easier for everyone.

2. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

First post of the FfH2 bug thread.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308020

3. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Prince

I will check this, for me it worked and as it did for several other people

4. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

I play Fall from Heaven quite a bit....and I have to give ultimate kudos to the creators. It one of the most immense mods for any game I have ever experienced.

My question is this;

I tend to play Fall from Heaven 2 and History in the Making as my main Civ 4 mods. I play one game of one, and another game of the other....alternating in that way.

I want to know if there is a way to incorporate HitM's 'PLANETARY' sized map into Fall from Heaven? I have already got HitM's 'Oddysee' game speed into Fall from Heaven 2, but after playing such massive map sizes I really want to continue that with FfH....does anyone know how I would do this?

5. rkade8583

rkade8583 Realism Invictus Player

Wait, how did you get Odyssey into it... and are the sys-reqs any different between vanilla FFH2 and another mod like HitM?

As I said earlier, Fall Further Plus crashed my poor old system but HitM runs... It doesn't run quickly but it runs.

6. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Prince

:cry:

With your impolitness, you nearly got me to delete the files and end this extra service.

seems like the files got corrupted somehow, I will upload a new version soon.

7. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

I don't know if this is from this game or fall farther, but sometimes my game crashes when I stumble on a goody hut... I hear the theme and bam! crash.

8. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

As far as I can tell the Oddysee game speed from HitM is just a load of XML entries in the GameSpeedInfo.xml file that change speed and scaling values. I copied and pasted the entries for Oddysee from HitM into FfH2's GameSpeedInfo.xml file and it seems to work.

As for the PLANETARY map size I think the Giant Map Size script someone released for FfH2 will be sufficient.

9. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

Oh and as for system requirements the game speed shouldn't make any difference....except to the point where the game lasts so long that you have an insane number of cities and units.

The map size does make a difference though....on my old 8800GT, x2 4400+, 2Gb RAM system the PLANETARY map size in HitM would cause video memory errors and random crashes in the late game.

No problems on my current system though.

10. ichbinsehselber

ichbinsehselber Prince

Playing 0.41j I get the impression that the AI has a big problem in the sense that it is way too weak:
    Spoiler :
    In the Lord of the Balors scenario EPIC speed playing Basium around turn 200 all the AI players have exactly 1 city. They never appear to build settlers. Also all of the allies have practically only warriors. The infernals have other units as well. It seems very strange that I did not get a single angel from any warrior from one of the 2 good civs dying. It was totally different when I played an earlier version (0.40h). Do you know of any AI regression issues?

11. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Prince

new version uploaded, I checked the Installer before packing and unpacked it and checked again. No errors for me. Can someone with an rapidshare account check the uploaded files?

12. Breunor

Breunor Deity

There appears to be a problem with the 'new' AI in 'always war' type scenarios. This is my understanding: The new AI thinks that if it is at war, it shouldn't expand and it builds troops. Unfortunately, on a special scenario where you are 'at war' before even seeing the other CIV, this is very poor strategy - it works beter in the 'standard' games.

Best wishes,

Breunor

13. thealien_83

thealien_83 King

Ahoy hoy fellow FFH'ers!

After a long hiatus meddling with various other things, I returned (as I always seem to do!) to Fall From Heaven 2 once more. Re-gathered my friends to kick up some multiplayer wickedness once again, but..

Alas!

We are assailed by problems. Chiefly, when playing anything other than LAN games we get Out Of Sync problems very often. While it's happened in the past, I've never had so many recurring instances of it. Particularly in this last game I tried, it quite literally goes OOS every time someone researches a new tech, which is obviously rather unplayable.

Being no tech wiz myself I've exhausted most of my ideas about what might cause it or how to solve it, so I thought I would ask the great sages of the forum instead.

What gives? :confused:

14. Anomaly

Anomaly Chieftain

Hi,

I'm having trouble loading this mod. First of all I'm using Windows 7 but BtS runs fine and some mods also work (like the included mods or the WW2 mod). I have BtS patched to 319 and the current FFH with patch and extra media.

First when starting BtS with FFH it wouldn't start at all and immediately crash. Then I read somewhere to start BtS with admin rights. Unfortunately that didn't help.

Then I read somewhere else to create a "Fall From Heaven 2" directory inside my user/my games/Bts/Mods/ directory. Now the game starts and even displays the [Fall from Haven2] text when loading all the assets. Unfortunately, once everything is loaded I'm actually on vanilla BtS. There is nothing to indicate that anything from FFH was loaded. Everything is vanilla.

Maybe someone can help me with this.

15. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

Just wanted to ask if cities attaining Legendary culture after 1 or 2 turns is intentional or a bug....as every city in my game (first FfH) including the AI covs have cities with Legendary culture within a couple of turns.

16. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

Right, i'm guessing it isn't as I can't find any mention of it anywhere in this thread or anywhere on the internet devoted to FfH2.

Weird though, it's happening with every game I start.

17. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

are you using Mac, Linux or any other non-Windows OS, or even weird things like Wine, D2D or Steam ? as sad as that is, people have had the bug you're talking about when running the game through some of those.

18. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

It's ok I've fixed it. It as because I added a new GameSpeed into the GameSpeedInfo.xml file, (Oddysee speed from Grave's HitM) which apparently isn't enough for the game to recognise it, and thus causes the bug I got.

There are other files that need entries to accomodate a new gamespeed, which I am not clued up on so I have basically just changed the Marathon gamespeed values in the GameSpeedInfo.xml file to those I use with the oddysee game speed, as Oddysee is the only speed I wasnt to use....Marathon just isn't long enough lol ;)

19. Wodan

Wodan Deity

The first question asked on any bug report should be "have you modded your game"? :lol:

20. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

lol, I agree. I should have tried playing FfF in it's natural state before I tinkered with it :blush: