1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. ichbinsehselber

ichbinsehselber Prince

For the tower of mastery, can the lesser towers be in any city (distributed?)

2. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Yes. Unlike the Altar of the Luonnotar, they do not all need to be built in the same city.

3. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

I've just noticed that i've been playing the current game for about three days and have not once seen a wonder movie, having built four or five wonders so far.

The option is enabled in the options menu and I installed the patch and the media pack correctly.

ANy ideas?

4. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Chieftain

What Civ IV games will I need to play this mod? I need Beyond the Sword, apparently. Do I need the original Civ IV as well, or is Beyond the Sword stand-alone? Also, will I need any of the other expansions to play (the latest version)?

Thanks in advance guys.

5. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Beyond The Sword is an addon, which requieres the normal, basic Civ4 to run.
    You don't need the first addon Warlords to run Fall from Heaven.

6. Gul'dan

Gul'dan Chieftain

In the new versions (since h, iirc) there seems to be a new multiplayer (direct IP) oos bug. Roughly from turn 100 on oos will occur almost every turn, as it used to be ever since with Hyborem. Now while the Hyborem bug was avoidable this new bugg is particularly annoying.

Also on another point: The AI upgrades have changed the barb AI in the way, that it seemingly amasses troops in the land of the player it considers worst defended. The units however do not attack but destroy infrastucture and then just loiter until they are suddenly taken by a mood and roughly half of them (by the time usually around 10) commit suicide on a city. If you happen to be trapped near Acheron this simply spoils the game. In fact I have to say that I found the old barb AI quite reasonable and do not see the point in this change.

7. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Kael started a thread for OOS issues in the FfH2 forum, you might want to take a look there.

8. PickleLaugh

PickleLaugh Chieftain

posted about a crash here, should've done it in bugs section, cut and pasted it from here.

9. hellflare

hellflare Chieftain

Hi, I do not know if this is a problem with FfH or Civ itself, or whether this is the correst thread ( forgive me moderators ), but I have a save now, that crashes after 3 turns ( no actions required - just end turn 3 times ).
    I am running Civ BtS 3.19, latest ( till now ) FfH,
    Windows XP, 1.86 GHz intel core duo, 2 GB RAM and an integrated intel video chipset.
    The game usually runs ok, so I don't know what the problem might be, but if its a problem with FfH hope this helps fix something)

The save and the error msg screenshot are in the attachments ( if I did this correctly... )

10. Glaeder

Glaeder Glaeder Ethribine Wodism

Hi everyone

I' ve got a littel problem. Could someone please help me?

I have downloaded some unit graphics from the civfanatics-forum for my own mod (It's simulare to the fall from haeven 2 mod of civilization 4 beyond the sword. It just has my own civilizations and units.).
    Now when I start the game, it goes OK, BUT when I try to build one of these untis, with theire new graphics, the game crushes. however, if I add these units in the world builder, then there is no throuble at all. Only when I try to build them in my citys it dosen't work.

What am I doing wrong?
    Could someone please tell me or ask someone for me who can?

Thanks already
    Glaeder

11. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Probably best to post this either in the FfH2 Bug Thread or the FfH Troubleshooting thread. Links below.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=281

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308020

12. ichbinsehselber

ichbinsehselber Prince

Is the team working on a fix of the AI issue in connection with the locked war?
    It would be a pity if some scenarios become unplayable due to this issue. Lord of the Balor is an example.
    I found this scenario very interesting.

13. Sephi

Sephi Deity

14. ichbinsehselber

ichbinsehselber Prince

Ask for a fix and it is already there! Awesome!
    Thanks a lot Sephi!!!

15. Glaeder

Thanks Nor'easter i'll do that:goodjob:

I've got an other question for everyone.

Does anyone know how tho edit your own promotions in FFH2 or if there's a turtorial for that? I would like to creat my own.

I thank you for any help already.

16. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

I've noticed what i'm guessing is a bug with lairs/ruins/treasure chests.

If you use a stack of units and select to open the chest or explore the ruin or dungeon or whatever, with the entire stack selected it will result in a reward (or punishment) equal to the number of units you have selected.

Example, a treasure chest that you open while you have four horsemen selected will result in four items being obtained. Doing so with 8 units will result in 8 rewards (say, 3 items and 5 lots of gold).

Pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen and it's a pretty big exploit.

17. Glaeder

Hey everyone and espezionally you emptiness, Nor'easter and Kael;)

I found out where the problem layed with my units.
    :clap:Kael you where right, it was the button that caused the trouble.:clap:

Now however I wonder how I have to create a button for a unit in a way so the game won't crash. Kael, you have created a Movie-Turtorial for creating a Mod. There you describe how to create a button picture for a civilization leader. Is there a difference to the creation of a Unit-Button. What could I have been doing wrong:confused:? Could you tell me( I'm sure others would like to know to)?
    And if anyone else has any ideas (sorry kael:blush:) could he tell me(or us) please?

Thanks allready
    and again spezial thanks to emptiness, Nor'easter and Kael:thanx:

18. The_J

Most buttons can't be bigger than 64*64. Also check the alpha channel of you button, and if you have only one button, then get rid of the comma in the button definition in the ArtDefines_units.xml.

19. Glaeder

ahm The J if you are still there:
    What is an alpha channel of a button?:confused:

20. The_J

Alpha-channel: "Button background". You can't see that background with the most common programms.
    Use DXTBmp to open your button, and look for example at one of the normal buttons.
    You'll see a difference in the right upper edge. Just export that picture from a normal button, import it to yours, and then save the file as DDS DXT3.