[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

wow ! as a long time CIV and Master of Magic fan, I have to say, this stuff is better than sex ! Good job everyone !

Just finished a game with 800+ turns. I was playing Grigori, no settlers, and final five. The game did crash a three times but the saves were stable. Excellent work! So happy to complete a game with no time limit.

can someone direct me to link/web page about Kael's new project ?????

I would like to change a little bit the terrain output, but working on xml doesnt work. Can anybody tell me how can I change it?

Is Fall from Heaven going to be added to at all in the future? It it completely done being expanded now?

*pouts*

Kind of a shame since the Single Player Scenario "The Black Tower" doesnt load. Game crashes whenever I try to load it up.

FFH2 is a mere Single Player Game. I noticed that one can play FFH2 via Gamespy, but its noone there. This is not surprising, because you cant play FFH2 multiplayer because of OOS. Although I love the game I think it has no future because of not existing multiplayer support.

Well... I'd just like to ad that my friends and I have had many a great game of FFH2 in multiplayer (although some time ago) just wanted to say thanks for making this mod, it revived Civ4 for me and my frineds. And sorry for having converted to rise of mankind lately (guess I just missed conquering "the real world" with "real people/nations") ;)

Bug: The werewolf in the screenshot got attacked at the turn when I won a domination victory, the game didn't advance from that point onwards. I had to load a previous save and disband the werewolf to actually win the game.

Patch "o" is linked in the first post (and here). It fixes the following issues and will break save games:

Patch 0.41o
1. Fixed an issue causing Dain's favorite wonder to be the Pagan Temple.
2. Fixed a CtD when pyre zombies kill a players last unit.
3. Units running in fear with no place to escape to stay in their plot (instead of dying).
4. Fixed a CtD checking invisibility on units without a plot (fix by Snarko).
5. Fixed a WoC (joining an illegal group) in ConquestMove (fix by Snarko).
6. Fixed a WoC (hiddennationailtiy) in ConquestMove (fix by Snarko).
7. Fixed a python exception in doCrusade.
8. Fixed a bug that was causing resists from promotions to be doubled (fix by Sephi).
9. Fixed a WoC when the first player is killed (fix by Snarko).
10. Fixed a WoC caused by AIControlled and Hidden Nationality units grouping with each other (fix by Snarko).
11. Fixed a WoC (or unneeded bounce) when a unit moves between invis and non-invis or vise versa (fix by Snarko).

Strange game function: After using the Lichdom ability with a vampire lord of mine (I wanted to create new vampire lords), a lich unit appeared as intended, but the vampire lord was resurrected at my capital. In essence, the ability cloned the vampire lord (one new lich, plus the resurrected vampire lord). The blood of the phoenix ability triggered, I confirmed it with another vampire lord.

Here's a screenie:

I just installed fall from Heaven II with patch 'o'. I just researched "Writing" and when I viewed the foreign advisor tech page I still get the message "Technology trading not allowed."

There are a couple of questions

1) Is writing the tech that allows tech trading? Maybe it isn't. It was my educated guess.

2) Do both civs have to research the tech trading tech on their own before they can trade techs?
It's been so long since I've played unmodded Civ IV that I can't remember if that's the standard rule or not.

3) Is this a bug?

1. Trade is the tech that allows tech trading in FfH2.

2. Only one of the civs needs to know Trade.

3. No.

Is there a way for a unit to drop an upgrade item after they pick it up?

What does a magic wand that provides "affinity for air mana" do exactly?

Terrain changes - a plains tile with a farm provides 3 food instead of the 2 food and 1 shield that I expected and has been the norm since the original Civilization.
Can I mod this in an xml file? I'll edit xml but I don't want to muck with recompiling.
I found the definition for the plains tile in the xml, but I don't see where the effect of a farm is defined.

Another thing I'd like to change, and it would probably take a recompile - the "Pool of Tears" does not act as a fresh water source for adjacent tiles. I would like it to do that.

I assume you mean can a unit that has picked up a piece fo equipment drop it? That depends on the equipment. For most,it cannot drop it directly but other units cane take it from it.

Affinity gives extra strength for the amount of a resource the unit's owner controls. For some resources the strength is normal base strength, while for others it has a specific type aginast which other units could have a resistance or weakness. The Rod of Winds gives +1 Air Affinity, which translates to 1 extra point of lighting damage for every source of Air Mana you control.

The food effects of farms is found in CIV4improvementInfos.xml

Improvements (note that all the so called Unique Features are actually Improvements) do not have the capacity to act as a fresh water source. Features do though. It would be possible to transfer the effects of the improvement to an essentially identical feature, and to make the improvement create said feature (destroying itself in the process). there could be complications though, like trying to figure out how to make the feature not get destroyed by the spread of hell terrain while also not getting placed randomly seperate from the improvement.

Perhaps an easier solution would be to use python to place an Oasis on the tile where the Pool of Tears appears.

Terrain changes - a plains tile with a farm provides 3 food instead of the 2 food and 1 shield that I expected and has been the norm since the original Civilization.

Are you running the Agrarianism civic? That causes farms to produce one less hammer.

Also, in case you didn't know, there's a whole forum here on CFC devoted to Fall from Heaven: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190. You might find it interesting.

Hi, i'm new...not only in the civfanatics forums but also in the Fall Frome Heaven community.
I really admire FfH Team work, its just like "Sweeeeeet" and "Cooooooooool".

I just have one question "What do i need to download to be able to play FfH 2 v 0.41 online?"
I've been trying but i can't... and i already have BTS v. 3.19 patch, do i need something else?

Help!!?

I havent been able to find a way to play through "Internet Games" even all my friends have the same version of the game. We've had to play through Direct IP Connection. So, one of you has to host the game and the others dial into your IP address to join it.

OOS's will happen occassionally. Best thing is to have everyone turn off their in-game music and, if possible, have everyone plug into your router. Wireless connections that get even a little static can cause an OOS. Happens a bit with me.

Good Luck and hope this helps.

Top Bottom