[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Thanks for the tip.

So this means i can't play it online...o well at least i'll try to gather up some friends to try.

Now that I have pre-loaded my Civ5 on steam I am pretty much ready to say goodbye to Civ4 and FFH2 so I would like to say thx for an awesome mod and hope to see your game soon Kael :)

First off, I want to apologize for not searching through the 488 pages of posts looking for the answer to my question. I did run a "search" but I'm not 100% confident in the "search" keywords I used, so I figured I'd make a reply.

I have 2 questions

1. Is there only 1 size for the Erebus map? I always play custom games because I hate time limit victories, but it seems no matter what size I choose from the custom menu, Erebus is always the same size. This is problematic when I select a "small" game, and have 7 civs populating a huge map. Can anyone confirm/deny if there is only one size for Erebus? As far as I know I'm playing the with the latest patch (i), and I have the latest BTS patch.

2. I've noticed that my units seemingly disappear from the map. It may be because when the barbarians take their turn, the screen doesn't always center on the combat. I've checked combat logs and haven't found any combats of my "missing" units.

Thanks for your time guys. This mod is INCREDIBLE and I play it regularly, so kudos to the creators.

-Adam

I have 2 questions

1. Is there only 1 size for the Erebus map? I always play custom games because I hate time limit victories, but it seems no matter what size I choose from the custom menu, Erebus is always the same size. This is problematic when I select a "small" game, and have 7 civs populating a huge map. Can anyone confirm/deny if there is only one size for Erebus? As far as I know I'm playing the with the latest patch (i), and I have the latest BTS patch.

Yes, there is only one size for this map because it is pre-made. You can make random maps if you change Erebus in the custom game play screen, and this will include many new options.

As far as your second question I have no clue. Make sure your patches are current.

ahhhh! idk i have tryed to download this some many times (and have downloaded) but when i get the the install, it never install properly and if it is i have no idea were to find it. if it HAS installed correctly should it be in the civ4 scenarios?
yeh i dont know what the problem is and i REALLY dont want to keep downloading it
any help?

You should be able to find a shortcut on your desktop reading "Fall From Heaven II".

If not, you have to start Civ4-BTS, click on "Advanced" then click on "Load MOD"(or something like that). Fall from Heaven should be in the list.

Good luck.

does this one make OOS in a MP game ? i HOPE not, i have tried ROM 2.92 and AND 1.74, also AND 1.75, which didnt let me even see my opponent in the game lobby. speaking about rom 292 it caused OOS, after reloading a game XD damn. i need something that can compensate for the disappointment of civ5.

does this one make OOS in a MP game ? i HOPE not, i have tried ROM 2.92 and AND 1.74, also AND 1.75, which didnt let me even see my opponent in the game lobby. speaking about rom 292 it caused OOS, after reloading a game XD damn. i need something that can compensate for the disappointment of civ5.

yeah, my words... I want it too, can you tell us "no OOS in FFH2" :-D ???

Ive done a few multiplayer games with FFH2. You do get occasional OOS errors, but not very often. I've had to shut off the music in most cases. All of us played on a direct IP connection so we could hear each other. Whenever the music on one was different from the others, it would OOS in most cases.

This doesnt mean they dont happen, but it should reduce the number of occurences.

You do need to use Direct IP connection to play MP though. The Internet Games option just doesnt seem to work. Not sure why.

New to this great mod, but got several questions before i start a new game.

Are you allowed to build more than one hero or world unit as long as they are different?

Also for religion, are you allowed to have more than 1 state religion if you are the first to discover more than one religion? And if that's the case, does that mean you can build priests of different religions? i.e. priest of leaves AND runekeepers?

Wow, I actually know the answers to some questions on this thread. :)
Are you allowed to build more than one hero or world unit as long as they are different?
You can have more than one world unit. Note though that most world units have either a religious or civilisation requirement so you'll most likely be limited to only a handful. Also, religious world units will leave you if you change religion.

Also for religion, are you allowed to have more than 1 state religion if you are the first to discover more than one religion? And if that's the case, does that mean you can build priests of different religions? i.e. priest of leaves AND runekeepers?
You can only have one state religion, though you can be the founder of more than one religion. Being the founder of a religion does not make it your state religion.

Wow, I actually know the answers to some questions on this thread. :)

You can have more than one world unit. Note though that most world units have either a religious or civilisation requirement so you'll most likely be limited to only a handful. Also, religious world units will leave you if you change religion.

You can only have one state religion, though you can be the founder of more than one religion. Being the founder of a religion does not make it your state religion.

Oh ok, I got it. So if i change to another religion by discovering it, my current religious priest would leave me. Doh.

I'm not sure you're understanding the difference between discovering a religion and adopting one as a state religion. Just because you discover a religion does not mean that it becomes your state religion. For it to become your state religion you have to actively select it, either in the dialogue box that opens after you first discover it, or from the religion screen (F7 I think). A non-state religion can still spread into your cities but you won't be able to build most of the religious specific cool stuff unless you adopt it as state religion.

But yes, if you change state religions then a load of religious specific units will leave you (those affected are noted in the pedia).

Top Bottom