[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Sorry, that was just to see if this was at all still active, nothing more. Well, actually I was referencing a recent Doctor Who episode. I can delete it if you want...

Now I'm going to actually ask the question I've been wanting to:
"Why does my game not work?!!"
Specifically, why does it come up with a load error message saying it can't 'initiate the primary control theme, this occurs just as it tries to load the "init engine". Going to reinstall and see if that helps, but don't think it will...

Now I'm going to actually ask the question I've been wanting to:
"Why does my game not work?!!"
Specifically, why does it come up with a load error message saying it can't 'initiate the primary control theme, this occurs just as it tries to load the "init engine". Going to re-install and see if that helps, but don't think it will...

Hello and welcome, The Spine.Well alittle background on pc will help. Where is the game installed, and is this a Steam version or store-bought(box).

Most of the time, the mod is just installed in the wrong spot.

should be in: Drive game is on\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

If you have the Steam version:(yours won't be in E:drive most likely, I have my hard drive partioned out. Steam now allows more freedom of install nowadays....)
E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

You want to make sure that's how it's installed. Inside of the Civilization folder is a Beyond the Sword folder, in there is the Mods folder. Good luck :salute:

Attachments

• modspot.PNG
    modspot.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,960
Thanks so much, I did some more research though and it seems its more likely that I never downloaded the full game; as this is one common explanation and I have now checked the locations. Unfortunately, I am stuck at a boarding school where the download site linked to is blocked, and I seem to have only downloaded a patch. This completely sucks (3weeks till I go home to unrestricted web access) but I have survived by reading playthroughs and researching may favourite civ, the Balseraphs, and my favourite religion, Runes of Kilmorph.

Thanks so much, I did some more research though and it seems its more likely that I never downloaded the full game; as this is one common explanation and I have now checked the locations. Unfortunately, I am stuck at a boarding school where the download site linked to is blocked, and I seem to have only downloaded a patch. This completely sucks (3weeks till I go home to unrestricted web access) but I have survived by reading playthroughs and researching may favourite civ, the Balseraphs, and my favourite religion, Runes of Kilmorph.

:wallbash: That's quite the bummer. Just gives you time to think about all the time you'll be wasting this summer...:eek2: on civing.

Attachments

• FFH2_help.PNG
    FFH2_help.PNG
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,882
Hello friends.

Fall From Heaven 2 is the best and complex mod of Civ IV. But playing it in multiplayer is far better than in solo, with the A.I.

This is why I suggere to every player to try the multiplayer with FFH2 or with one of this mod (Erebus in the Balance of Master of Mana) ! :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=493159

Appreciate the suggestion bro, but in the few mp games that I've managed to play in, everyone is only interested in FFA's. To me (IMO), that particular game type takes away a lot of the flavor that is FFH II. So I'll just stick with LAN games with my boys and I, do appreciate the advert though.

Me I am intersted by Teamers, like 3vs3 in Inland Sea. If you are intersted in finding players, you can add my Skype ("joffreygaultier").

Hello
I'm here hoping to find a map editor for a future FFH2 PBEM Game I intend to Host in the very near feature. I can do what I need done but then I'd have a slight advantage over the other players I intend on competing with. So I'd like a neutral 3rd party player that enjoys map making get the credit for the map setup.

Here's what 'm looking to do; First this will be a Play-by-Email Game
1) Maximum of 8 players
2) 3 Good alignment (unassigned)
vs
3) 3 Evil alignment (unassigned)
4) 2 Neutral alignment (unassigned)

5) The 3 Good and 3 Evil players are not teams because I do not want shared visibility or research.
this will create a stronger commitment in communication and individual research will diversify the players.
6) Challenge - Raging Barbarians
7) Requires complete kill

8a) Neutral player 1 Controls Dragons and a few other powerful units but does not own a city. Their sole job is to create Chaos in this world and is neutral to the Good and Evil players. Dragons can be killed so this player will enjoy both the fighting and the strategy of survival! (this player takes from the good vs evil game)(this player can win but can you imagine how promoted these units would be!)

8b) Neutral player 2 Controls Heroes and other powerful units but does not own a city. In short call him Gandalf (Lord of the Rings) except his party is neutral to both good and evil players. This player might be well advanced, rich, etc. and can receive a city to control, can produce units, can be paid as a mercenary, can play as a double agent and can gift or sell units. (this players adds to the good vs evil game but can add to both if he chooses, but he is responsible for his own deeds) (this player can only win threw long term association)

9)If all 3 players of an alignment is destroyed the opposite alignment is deemed the winner, the remaining players of that alignment win by association! even if the neutral players still exist!

10) The map "Erebus" Huge (8)plrs, low sea, end of Ice, extra bonuses, wildlife and events. Tech trading is on but limited. unsure about Armageddon settings and difficulty.

In summary there is a negative and a positive neutral player effecting a good vs evil game and a neutral vs neutral aspect. Scouting, coordinating movement and unit selection and unit placement will be never so important, leave out one element of a strategic move and your spell caster is dead or the Fighter of the group, assemble a powerful party of units and hunt down a Dragon!

All I need know is someone willing to setup this map and place these units, after that I'll setup up a game thread to find interested player, please don't post here if you want to play it, that will be elsewhere, just PM me Thanks

I'm planning on making some python codes that can be copied-pasted to allow creative minded people who want to make a scenario but don't have any programming skills to be able to realise their ambition for the scenario.

So far I have a cut-paste python/xml code to grant a promotion to the unit that kills a certain unit of your choosing and also cut-paste python code to place a barbarian unit of your choosing onto the map on a turn of your choosing.

I hope that if I can make several useful cut-paste bits of code we might have some more interesting scenarios made for FFH2.

I'm planning on making some python codes that can be copied-pasted to allow creative minded people who want to make a scenario but don't have any programming skills to be able to realise their ambition for the scenario.

So far I have a cut-paste python/xml code to grant a promotion to the unit that kills a certain unit of your choosing and also cut-paste python code to place a barbarian unit of your choosing onto the map on a turn of your choosing.

I hope that if I can make several useful cut-paste bits of code we might have some more interesting scenarios made for FFH2.

there is a slight catch with this: Kael is working for Stardock. Primarily because of this mod. The next update on the mod isnt going to come for a long time.

Where would one find this code? I have not been able to locate it. Thanks

Code:
	if pDefender.isHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_FEAR')):
		if (pAttacker.isHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_COURAGE')) == False and cf.FFHIsAlive(pAttacker)):
			iDef = pDefender.maxCombatStr(pPlot, pAttacker) * 5
			iAtt = pAttacker.maxCombatStr(pPlot, pDefender) * 5
			iBraveChance = 50 - iDef + iAtt
			if iBraveChance <= 20:
				iBraveChance = 20
			if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Fear") > iBraveChance:
				pAttacker.setMadeAttack(True)
				CyInterface().addMessage(pAttacker.getOwner(),True,25,'Attacker is too afraid to attack.','AS2D_DISCOVERBONUS',1,'Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions/Fear.dds',ColorTypes(7),pAttacker.getX(),pAttacker.getY(),True,True)
				return True

Okay, lets see. First the defender has to have the Fear promotion (attackers that have fear don't do anything). Then it checks to make sure the attacker is alive and doesn't have the courage promotion.

If that all checks out it calculates the iBraveChance (the chance the unit will be able to resist fear). It is 50% minus 5% per point of strength of the defender, +5% per point of strength of the attacker. There is a minimum on iBraveChance, it won't go below 20%.

Then the die is rolled and if the the chance out of 100 is lower than the iBraveChance the unit attacks normally, if not the unit is set as if he attacked, a message is given saying the unit runs away in fear and combat is broken (just like a withdrawal).

I would check in the ModMod sub forums of FFH II bro, as I think there is an active sub group there that may be able to help you.

there is a slight catch with this: Kael is working for Stardock. Primarily because of this mod. The next update on the mod isnt going to come for a long time.

By scenario I just mean a single map that people sometimes make. I remember I would have (what I thought) were great ideas but I wasn't able to do the code to realise my dream. I hope this will allow creative people, but with no programming skills, to create fun scenarios for FFH2 very simply.

WilliamofOrange - not sure if you were asking for my code but if you were... So far I have this:
First code
3 bits of code (posts 11, 16, 17.

There is more code coming - that second thread is not in a clean, organised format yet (but if you read those posts in the thread it is organised and the code is in red that you need to change). When I have half a dozen or so bits of code I will create a single thread with all the code clearly placed so that scenario creators can copy and paste the bits they want. :)

In addition to what BP said, custom scenarios are actually fairly easy to make (I make them for my sons). The only tools you need are word++ and map view 2.0 or map maker. The customization sub forum has some really good step by step intro's for creation.

Top Bottom