[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Doesn't the installer offer you to pick a directory yourself?

Yeah, I put it in the other mods folder and it recognizes it as a mod, but immediately crashes

In what folder your Civ4BeyondSword.exe is located?
Are you running BTS 3.19?

It's in my Games folder, but shortcuts to that folder can't have there targets modified, and the .exe's can't be moved.

right click the folder and uncheck the box for read only - that might help.

otherwise something you installed might have changed the c++ redistributable - in this case, delete your current one and reinstall it from the civ folder.

ive had my steam games not show up a few times but that usually fixes it. I don't know what else could cause it, unless something is simply named wrong or if you put it in the my games/.../mods in which case you should not put mods there and always use the program files x86/.../mods folder.

Windows 7 sometimes automatically places read-only status on some folders.

I will not lie if say that I love that game! I'm big fan of the fantasy and here is a lof ot it! The music also is great! But why everything is so slow, my hair will come white while one full game. I chose QUICK game mode, but everything is same to me. :confused: And I think I found a bug. I played with evil civilization and I couldn't reach my devil religion(I don't remember the name), no one did!

Oxus, sometimes the options on this mod can be weird starting up (especially for the first time or if you've been playing other mods). At least, that happens to me sometimes. So maybe your game started with the option for Remove Ashen Veil checked.

Try starting a Custom Game (instead of Play Now). Then you can see which options are currently checked and whether that's what happened there.

EDIT: Also, I should of course mention that Fall From Heaven (and its various modmods) is one of my favorite mods of any game ever. Practically doubles the value of Civ 4 all on its own...

Thank you for your reply Vivisector 999. I love this mod, but I can't spend 4 hours just for one game. :)

Can I make one small complaint?

First of all, this is one of the best mods ever made and I love it. I play it all the time.

But can I just say that one of the things that made the Civ 2 Fall from Heaven great was the access to Dragons, Archangels, Demons, etc. By the end of the game I was building massive armies of the coolest most brutal units.

I guess my complaint is that there aren't enough badass units like dragons, demonlords, archangels, golems, hydras, serpents, super assasins. I mean, they are in the game, but very sparsely. Usually I can get only one really awesome unit. I guess the purpose is to convey the rarity. However this is civ where the odds are brutal. So having one awesome unit doesn't make sense cause he can still easily die at 80-90% win chance.

Also, in a lot of case I need to be using a specific civ if I want certain units, which I'm ok with, but again, I get a little disappointed with my one dragon or one super assasin. It's especially a pain if you are trying to kill a stack of 50 units, etc.

Also, the game starts out slow but really accelerates as the AI start trading techs. I go from barely having any techs to having half the tech tree in like 100 turns. (then nearly finish the tech tree in another 150, by 450-500 I'm almost done.)

This game is probably better with no tech trading.

Anyways, before people tell me my criticism is wrong or whatever, I'm not trying to suggest anything game breaking or unbalanced. I'm just saying the game would be more fun with more badass things to look forward to.

If I knew what I was doing, I'd be happy to edit this mod and add a few more cool heroes for each respect religion and civ.

But alas, all I can do is complain.

Hey ! I still worship this mod and I will for years to come ! Why > ? Becouse it's Epic ! ;) I will be working on my own modmod soon I will hehe ;)

XP 32bit . 4gig RAM . Brain Chip 2 Cores . Civ 4 BTS 4.19

Having a few problems with the mod install.

Downloaded this;

http://kael.civfanatics.net/files/FallfromHeaven2023c.exe

Ive got the complete edition so ive installed FallfromHeaven2023c.exe to;

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Then I downloaded the patch;

http://kael.civfanatics.net/files/FfH2041o.exe

And installed that to the same directory as FallfromHeaven2023c.exe

Then I downloaded the media file;

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11511

Loaded BTS go to advanced and select load mod and I have three FFH directories;

Fall from Heaven 2
Fall from Heaven 2 023
FfH Age of Ice

Tried the Fall from Heaven 2 one first and I got an error and CTD, the others just CTD straight away. Tried the desktop icon as well, it just does the same as the Fall from Heaven 2 within the game.

Here is the error;

Its probably something really straight forward like put all of them in one of the directories following file structure but thought it would be quicker to ask as I would really like to get this working, want to add the 'Fall Further' modmod(?) as well so any help would really be appreciated.

One other thing was that I seem to have a Civ4 BTS sub directory in My Documents/My Games that contains a MOD folder, should it go in there?

Thanks

Darkspire

@Darkspire:

Fall from Heaven 2.023c is for Vanilla Civ 4, not BtS. What you want to download is here, Fall from Heaven 2.041n.exe. It's the installer for the mod, so after downloading it you have to run it, and it *should* automatically install to the correct folder -- but it's a LONG time since I installed the mod, so my memory might be off.

After installing the main mod, then download and run the installer for patch "o." Do the media files last.

You're also going to want to install what I called "unofficial patch 'p,'" available here.

Thank you :D

Thought the filesize was different on the versions, installed and works with no problems.
Can see what all the fuss was about now, im always about 3-5 years behind on games, and ive been meaning to find about Civ4. Civ 3 was well, different, but did not hold me like Civ (Amiga) and Civ2 (PC), ive been on leave for a few weeks and have been quite happy learning the ropes again on BTS.
Shame that there are still a few bits they havent put back in, palace bits havent made a comeback on the 'We love the monarch day', used to like making my own palace. The game log to text file, all of your history could be logged into a file on the Amiga, very good for learning where you might have made mistakes. Last one is the city view.

Darkspire

snif.... city view.. I forgot about that one. I loved it so much...

Top Bottom