Mod/Mapmaking Contest at GameFlood

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
GameFlood, a newly launched service of Turbo Squid, has announced a mod and mapmaking contest that allows users of the service to submit, nominate, and vote for their favorite mods and maps. Winners chosen in the contest will receive a share of $25,000 in cash and prizes.

Civilization IV and Warlords are on the list of eligible games. However, the list of award categories mentioned in the press release are only for FPS, RTS, and RPG. I asked them about it and they said they are including Civ4 in the RTS category.

The submission and nomination period started on May 29th, 2007 and will open until the end of the voting period, on July 16th. Voting will take place from July 2nd through July 16th, and the final award selection by industry judges will take place between July 16th and July 23rd. Final prizes and awards for winners will be announced on July 27th, 2007. More contest info can be found via the contest's official site.

Putting Civ IV as an RTS is like calling Mario cart a FPS. :rolleyes:
I hope FFH2 gets entered.

Civilization IV and Warlords are on the list of eligible games. However, the list of award categories mentioned in the press release are only for FPS, RTS, and RPG. I asked them about it and they said they are including Civ4 in the RTS category.
The dumbassness of humanity never ceases to impress me.

Obviously the people who created the award categories didn't know much about the Civ series. I suggested them to use just "Strategy" instead of "RTS".

Here are the categories btw:

The prize totals, in cash and goods, for each major category are as follows: first prize: $3,000; second prize: $1000; third prize: $500. The major prize categories are as follows: Best Multiplayer FPS Mod; Best Multiplayer FPS Map; Best RTS Multiplayer Mod; Best RTS Multiplayer Map; Best RPG Mod (Single or Multiplayer).

The prize totals, in cash and goods, for each minor category are as follows: first prize: $500. The minor prize categories are as follows: Best FPS Mini-Mod; Best RTS Mini-Mod; Best RPG Mini-Mod.
Notice they also specifically mentioned "Multiplayer".

I entered my Earth Final Version Map as it has been going strong in online play for over 3 months. Hopefully it does well!

hey recommend me and i will recommend you bro

sure no problemo, will do it within the hour.:p
EDIT: What do you want me to submit? I think thats how it works, kinda hard to understand???
HUH, someone over there used mynickname and my content of stuff? Or someone from there did it??

EDIT EDIT: # 14, THX

sure no problemo, will do it within the hour.:p
EDIT: What do you want me to submit? I think thats how it works, kinda hard to understand???
HUH, someone over there used mynickname and my content of stuff? Or someone from there did it??

EDIT EDIT: # 14, THX

That was me; I PM'd you some contact info for me. Please feel free to spread it around to all the other Civ IV dev's.

This community has some amazing talent, we're glad to have you all aboard! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help any of you out!

Hi again, GarretSidzaka; it was great to talk with you the other day!

Well its more an RTS than an FPS i suppose but it's still very limited aparently there are some ggod mods for RTW and that's more a TBS than an RTS (but at least that could be mistaken for one unlike civ)

Top Bottom