[MOD] More Naval AI

Is there a chance of another MNAI update in the next few days, or should I go ahead and release another new version of MagisterModmod based on the old one?

Is there a chance of another MNAI update in the next few days, or should I go ahead and release another new version of MagisterModmod based on the old one?

I'd like to get an estimate of when the next update is too. I need more time for the stuff I'm working on, so I hope it is not in the next few days. :(

I've been playing FFH2 since early beta, before many of the civs were even introduced, but never downloaded any modmod that changed game mechanics. For years I just stuck with the vanilla final build. A couple of days ago I downloaded More Naval AI to check it out. OMG, I love this modmod. Love it, love it, love it! I can't believe I've been missing this all this time. This is so much more than just (really incredible) AI improvements. The options, the interface, the sevopedia, the this, the that... there are so many improvements I've discovered already, and I'm still on my first test game. I'm sure I'll find more. Thank you very much for all the time and effort you folks put into this. Never again will I play FFH without More Naval AI. Wow! Just wow!

Forgive me if this question is answered elsewhere in this very long thread.

Before this modmod, besides being notoriously stupid to naval tactics, the AI also seemed to have a hard time understanding unit building requirements and tech trading or brokering. Because of that, many players recommended turning on the respective game options which gave the dumb AI a crutch to help it cope. My question is, does this modmod correct those AI limitations, or should I continue to use those specific game options?

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

the AI also seemed to have a hard time understanding unit building requirements and tech trading or brokering. Because of that, many players recommended turning on the respective game options which gave the dumb AI a crutch to help it cope. My question is, does this modmod correct those AI limitations, or should I continue to use those specific game options?

The AI should have a better understanding of building requirements for units now. There have been lots of changes to how the AI values techs but not sure about anything specific regarding trading techs. Seems like the AI does a decent job at it. I generally play with the No tech Brokering option myself just because I find it more interesting.

Is there a handy guide to MNAI, where all the changes from vanilla are listed in one place? A couple of techs ago I finally got the ability to have vassals, and just captured my first other-civ city since then. I didn't get the option to set up a puppet state, although I have that option clicked. Just wondering what I did wrong.

Edit: Added a save file, just in case.
Edit #2: Wait a minute... I probably checked the "No vassal states" option as well. That's one of my standard boxes to check. I may have checked that one without thinking how it would conflict with puppet states. Is there a way to determine what options are being used by examining a save game?

Attachments

• No option for puppet state RETHGIF.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
Quote: Forgive me if this question is answered elsewhere in this very long thread.

But...

Does it work with Rise from Erebus? Or Rife has merged all of this already, as valkryion said?

they are two separate and incompatible mods. this one focuses on AI, bugfixes and stability. RifE focuses on new content and mechanics. try them both and see which one you prefer :)

hmmm, dunno, really. Why incompatible...?

I choose both! :lol:

Thanks anyways.
PS: 1 moar question :D i downloaded last morenaval and it says is for FFH" v 2.42? last ver of Fall i have is 0.41, or it says so on kael´s web.

tip for kids: dont use MMAI with basic pre-installed ver of FFH2 xDDD. Be sure before install it that u have the lastest ver of Fall. (u wont know what happens if u havent latest, trust me)

Is it possible for late game AI stacks have a couple of defenders with magic resistance to help deal with some spells a little bit (fireballs)? On that matter, Magic Resistance should probably come a little bit earlier in the promo tree.
Thanks

Argh, i have broken game by assigning .bik files to VLC, and now every time i start a game, civ crashes when intro pops. I did restore system for reversing it and asignation of bik files erased but game still crashing when loads intro video. Any idea about fixing it? Reinstalling mnai doesnt work.

Thanks.

assigning .bik files to vlc shouldn't break the game, because the game uses it's own video dll - it's more likely that you edited those .bik files and it causes this dll to crash and therefore crash the whole game

i suggest you reinstall the mod completely (ffh + ffh_patch + tholal), or alternatively, you could try to disable movies in civilization4.ini file in your document folder

Top Bottom