1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD]: New Traits and Leaders for RiFE

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by 25Hour, Apr 14, 2010.

1. 25Hour

25Hour Some sort of lemur

Hmm. I'm not sure that's a problem with the modmod; I didn't change anything in the random events file, which seems like where the bug would originate. I'll look into it, but in the meantime, would you mind telling me which leaders you both were playing? It may speed up the fix.

2. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

hmmm , that event isn't in Rife yet ( i know that, i coded it in the first place) , so you must be playing with another modmodmod along with 25hour's one, probably Gir's one. Incompatibility between these two mods is probable.

3. 25Hour

Ahhhh, that's probably the case, then. The python in the two events are probably conflicting-- but! This shouldn't be a problem anymore when 1.3 comes out and modular python is supported (and I update the mod to take advantage of it.) Look forward to it, gents. :D

4. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Yep, we have 4 files currently supporting modular python:

CvEventInterface.py
    CvGameUtils.py
    CvSpellInterface.py
    CvRandomEventInterface.py

The first one needs to have a few functions opened up (anw only enabled some of them, going to enable them all), but otherwise it's all working. I don't think there is any other file that needs to be modular, either. Aside from maybe CustomFunctions.py.

5. xeno_cws

xeno_cws Chieftain

Black would be correct I believe I had mana flares installed as well when I put this mod in. I had assumed incorrectly that this mod would simply override any conflicts.

6. 25Hour

Nah, it pretty much copies off the whole of the RiFE directory before installation-- the problem may be that I didn't tell it to copy off ALL the python, just the stuff I was modding. I'll fix that for the next patch (should be very soon, probably today or tomorrow.)

7. 25Hour

Time for... the new edition of the minor leaders mod! I've got pedia entries up for a few of the leaders in addition to Tempras (including Adelai and Jack Empty), so check that out. Also, as is my wont, I've added in several new leaders/traits. Even though I said I wouldn't. Hey, I was bored. XD Just download Patch 4.3, which I've put in the OP.

Anyway, first off! Yet another Amurite leader by the name of Cherie the Aeromancer. True to her name, she grants you the ability to equip all your cavalry/melee units with Aeromancer's Rods for 25 gold each after Knowledge of the Ether, which give your units holding one a 50% chance of spawning a Lightning Elemental after any victorious combat. I'm looking for feedback on the balance for this, since I'm not sure what appropriate costing for the Rod is.

1275841747708.jpg
    Second! Itha of the Bannor and Olav of the Jotnar, who are Honorable/Spiritual and Honorable/Charismatic leaders, respectively. The gist with the Honorable trait is that, on the one hand, you start off with Way of the Wise, which is just fantastic for getting the Order holy city and temples. On the other hand, you are stopped from declaring war on players who are 80% your score or lower, which means your means of expanding become much more limited (since you can't devour your significantly weaker neighbors.) As such, I count it as being on net zero traits for purposes of balancing.
    Honorable Charismatic Jotnar.jpg
    Third! A leader for the Scions, oriented towards diplomacy more than anything else. Numaricus, the Magistrate leader, provides bonuses to his vassals and gets bonuses from them in turn based on how powerful the vassals are. To further this goal of gaining vassals in single-player, you gain a +2 to relations with all AI opponents. Good times!
    Magistrate.jpg

Fourth! Iridius the Blackhand, a joint Hippus/Sheiam leader, with the traits Hellrider and Scorched Earth. (which I count as being close to 1/2 a trait each.) Hellrider makes it so that whenever you cast either the Hippus or Sheiam worldspell, you cast them both. So if you cast Worldbreak you effectively cast Warcry, and vice-versa. It adds a good bit more early/late game versatility for two civs that are generally oriented to one or the other; Warcry's early power for the Sheaim, and Worldbreak's late-game horror for the Hippus. The hard part will be choosing when to cast. :D
    1275454539822.jpg .

Fifth! A Sidar leader, who (I imagine) will become much more interesting when multiplayer stabilizes for RiFE. She's a paragon, with all that entails, AND has the Gap Mage trait-- whenever she casts Into The Mist, she hides all the plots owned by her from all opponents, such that they become undiscovered tiles again. Which doesn't do much against the omniscient computer, but will no doubt be irritating as all hell to opponents in multiplayer.

Couldn't think of anything good for the Old Malakim leader-- I'll ruminate on that a bit more for the next patch. Also, note the teaser image for said next patch!

Attached Files:

8. Celeborn

Celeborn Silver-Death

Oooh.

9. Deadlylamp

Deadlylamp Chieftain

So.... Be honorable and gift your backwards enemy a bunch of techs so they are in the score range, that way they can put up a valiant fight. :D

Or, honorable slap them across the face with your gloves enough so that they declare on you

10. 25Hour

Whoops-- I just realized I left in a chunk of code used for testing that causes every player to become your vassal if you're a Magistrate leader. Juuuuuust lovely. :p

Anyway, I'm updating the first post with patch 4.35 as we speak so that doesn't happen anymore.