[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
ERR... WASN'T THE MOD SUPPOSED TO BE OUT AT 6PM GMT IT'S 8PM GMT :confused:

NO OFFENCE BUT I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE MOD:goodjob:

OH WELL THE LONGER YOU SPEND ON IT THE BETTER:rolleyes:

Hi Houman,

The "sids tips" on leonardo's workshop reads "TXT_KEY_BUILDING_LEONARDO_STRATEGY". I presume we're missing that key in the texts, or that there's a spelling error somewhere.

Israfil.

OK guys, you inpatient poeple. ;)

The world map is finished too. This new mod will be a new experience...like your first time with a lady. ;)

Everything is finished. I only have to change the distance between the cities from 3 to 2. I have no idea in which freaking XML file this could be...Damn it...

HOuman

I did not make myself clear. Let me use a different examply. In world war one (and maybe two), Most European nations used propoganda to supress war wariness. Reporters were not allowed anywhere near actual battles. Britain was one country who did this. However, Britain was still a Democratically elected countyr, not a police state. They simply susspended free speach. In game terms, they went from the free speach to the nationhood civic. Many nations made this change. That is why I feel War Wariness would be a better fit with free speach. In fact, I suggest a heavy penalty, as high as +50% war wariness, so Nationhood seems more appealing in war. That would be realistic, as your title suggests it is supposed to be.

ToV said:
I did not make myself clear. Let me use a different examply. In world war one (and maybe two), Most European nations used propoganda to supress war wariness. Reporters were not allowed anywhere near actual battles. Britain was one country who did this. However, Britain was still a Democratically elected countyr, not a police state. They simply susspended free speach. In game terms, they went from the free speach to the nationhood civic. Many nations made this change. That is why I feel War Wariness would be a better fit with free speach. In fact, I suggest a heavy penalty, as high as +50% war wariness, so Nationhood seems more appealing in war. That would be realistic, as your title suggests it is supposed to be.

I'm in complete agreement with this. I think it makes good sense historically and game-balance-wise. Again, I would then do something aroudn increased economic/labour percentage with universal sufferage. That and maybe some happiness modifier, though I'm not sure that the above is actually demonstrable, and not just pro-democratic bias that I have being from a liberal democracy. Hmm.

regards,
Israfil.

Thanks guys...ufff it is uploading. 7 min left.

ToV, it makes sense what you say. I will apply these changes for the future release.

Sorry guys, I know a lot of you did suggestions. I read them all, the only reason I don't reply is the time issue. BUt I will get back to all of you...
Just that you understand, my fridge is empty and I didn't go groceries shopping today because I wanted to finish it. :|

But at least hey, it is finsihed and we have implemented all the suggestions but the Regiment Mod. All the minor bug fixes and Regiment Mod will be applied in the future release....

Don't forget to rate this mod and have fun playing...

BTW, you American and Native American players out there...you are not alone anymore...hoha haha ;)

To play the game just delete your old Realism Folder in your MOD Directory. Then extract this into that MOD folder, so that you have a new Realism Folder in that. Now go inside the folder and double click on the RealismWorldmap_0.72.Civ4WorldBuilderSave

Have fun,
Houman

It will be fun to see how the game has come along. I was playing the realism mod (and posting on the forums about it) back when Jaynus was doing it. School distracted me though and I stopped playing Civ for a while. Seems perfect timing now since I'm starting to play again that the new version of Realism mod is coming out.

I'm wondering if inquisitors and inquisitions should be limited to the Theocracy civic. I can't see any other civic making sense of the elimination of non-state religions. But to make it make sense, I would also make religious presence of non-state religions detrimental in a Theocracy. Maybe a negative happiness or negative productivity or something in cities that contain non-state religions. Perhaps especially so in cities where the state religion is not present and a non-state religion exists, these should be highly penalized under a Theocracy.

Just thoughts for v0.8

Israfil.

Houston we have a problem, the file is uploaded, but I have no idea what the link is to the CivFanatics.Net FTP server. Damn it...any idea?

The admin only told me how to upload, but now how to publish it. ;)

Ups, OK I have to send him a PM so he will then move it to the proper place...damn...hopefully he is there.. *crossthefingers*

Damn there is a bug I forgot to fix, the Tank34 and Tank54 are not Unique for Russions, everyone can build them...damn it...OK I work then on the first patch LOL

Houman said:
Ups, OK I have to send him a PM so he will then move it to the proper place...damn...hopefully he is there.. *crossthefingers*

If not, you can always just upload it to me :p

I'll give you my ftp info :p

Thanks for listening! I looked at your mod in more detail, and so far I liked what I see, although moving cottages to Monarchy will hurt a bit. Out of everything, there is just one more thing. I agree that castles should be earlier than engineering, but Monarchy seems too soon. I suggest Feudalism. (Maybe Feudalism plus Masonry, if possible.) Besides that, everything seems fine. That is amazing, seeing how much I had to go through. I will be downloading this mod as soon as I can.

Narcio, do you have a good connection? The Admin seems not to be there anymore... :(

UPDATE: I have deleted the old version and am now uploading the new version (with Russion Tank fix) to Civfanatics server. I will upload it then thereafter to 3DDownloads. If we are lucky then I could publish the link here....

I got the following error on startup of a new game.

Tag: UNIT_RUSSIA_TANK54 in Info class was incorrect. Current file is Units/Civ4FormationInfos.xml

Regards,
Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom