[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'm getting the same thing for most inquisitors. Sorry to break the news. It's not stopping game play, but just so's ya know.

Israfil

Yay, another escuss to delay doing that uni assignment of mine :lol:

----------------

Dammit.. does the world map not work for anyone else??, i mean it will not even show up in the menu. I have it right directory, even put it in another one just to be sure.

@Avian,

if you have extract it under Mods\Realism then all you have to do is to doube click on the Worldmap from Windows.

The Map loads the MOD automatically and you start straight away with the Leader selection...

Let me know if you have any problems.
Houman

Ah, ok. I eventually just loaded it using the worldbuilder load menu (slower).

Any way, so far everythings pretty good. I see what every one means by slow turn time... im getting used to it however, i normally play very small map so i dont have to wait at all.

Im actually in the middle of the game right now & couldn't help but notice a few things, some of australia's main exports are wool (finest wool in the world due too the climate aparrently) & beef (best cuts are exported to jap:( ).. none of which are in australia by default on the map. So is there every going to be options for breeding, planting crops & so on? Introducing of new specie's & stuff like that.

Another thing that would be good to see is for animals to go extinct, not like dinosours but like the tasmanian tigers that went extinct because of excessive hunting for they're furs. stuff like that. Here's a link&quote for some more information from a pretty good website i just found.
http://www.dpiwe.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/WebPages/BHAN-53777B?open
above website said:
European settlers were puzzled by it, feared it and killed it when they could. After only a century of white settlement the animal had been pushed to the brink of extinction
Another good one would be dingo furs, now a protected species im pretty sure. If you havent seen a dingo before basically they look just like a wolf except with golden fur... anyway the point im getting at is to add some furs to australia, they may not be there now but they used to be.

One last thing, australia needs a barbarian settlement i think, there was much conflict between aboriginals & settler's + (im not sure about this next point,but) i heard that the conflict between bush ranger's & law lasted far longer than the conflict between the american's & the indian's --- i hope i got that right i'll be :blush: if i dont.

...anyway just a few idea's. (If you haven't guessed yet, yes im from australia) ... oh and egypt needs a pharo (spelling terribly wrong there, but dont know how its spelt) i like to play egypt on the world map.. but sick of feeling like a shemale.. hehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

-- edit --

Sorry for been a pain in the arse but just noticed another thing, the barb city that starts near egypt has two workers... these are going to waste because by default workers will avoid doing work near an enemy, mabye you should mod the AI to keep working regardless. This will also give players the chance to capture some slave's.

@Avian

Im glad you like it. No worries about the speed. There are tons of animals and Barbs on the map. While the main Civs get stronger the Barbs and animals die out and the speed stay the same.

There are natives in AUstralia. Weaker than the American Natives, but they could be stronger developed until a player get there...

The other issues will be fixed in the next version. Thanks

Hi.
First I wish to thank you for this awesome modpack.

I have founded an anoying bug. There is no wonder movies. I have build The Great Pyramides and The Great Lighthouse and there is no movies.

oh..that must be this piece of Python code, but it only affected the Multiplayer though weird.....OK I will try to find a solution and offer the patch tonight. I have to leave now for a ceremony.

Can i play a random map because Worldmap is too slow :(

Barbarians are ok in World Map's emperor ...

If i play a normal map instead of huge is it ok ?

:mischief:

All the charm of actualities are the foolish of the man ... :blush:

@ Houman: "Thanks !"

OK I got the mod But b4 I start my game this mod will work if I play a custom game right? Just want to make sure b4 I start. Thank you.

OMG This mod is awsome, I stared playing the game about 10 min ago and just have to stop to say how great of a job that you did on this. It is like a new game. Thanks alot for the mod I have to go back to playing now.:D :D :D

OK Houman you beat me too it... I did modify the 1.41 map but you went ahead completed yours before I could finish and post.... so I took yours and made a few modifications to it like I did with 1.41.

Changes I made was move the oil in the middle of the US to Canada as it is more realistic. Put stone in New England as that is also realistic.. the running joke is Connecticut's state flower is the rock. Couple other changes is I switched 2 of Alaska's fish resources with crab, hmmm gotta love Alaskan King Crab, and modified the Hawaiian Island to be habitable and gave them some coastal squares and fish resources. I connected all the Polynesian Islands with coastal sea squares to allow for movement between them, how else do you think they got populated, and threw in some more fish resources.

Some questions I have for you and for everyone is about some other resources like cow, sheep, pigs, wheat and potatoes . Right now there are none of those resources in North America. Now we have all those resource nowadays and I believe all of those resource where introduced to the Americas by the European settlers. So do we leave them out and force the US to trade for them or replace some of the dear and stuff?

One particular issue I have is you put potatoes, pigs and sheep in S. America but not in N. America. I don't believe that S. Americans had them until they were brought from Europe so why south and not north? And what about wheat? Did that come from Europe or was the some already here?

Anyways here is the Map with the changes I did..... lets thinks about the resources and have people who know about certain areas help refine this map even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom