1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

Don't turn on !

If not preplaced barbarian cities would disapear :( after conquest if ai didn't want it !

When the 0.65 will released ? I really want play this map !

Good job !

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Check out the CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml file in the XML/GameInfo folder.
    my guess is that the lines:

<Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_RAZING</Type>
    <Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_CITY_RAZING</Description>
    <Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_CITY_RAZING_HELP</Help>
    <bDefault>0</bDefault>

are the ones you are looking for.

3. Perfect_Blue

Perfect_Blue Yume Senshi

:drool: Anticipating.....anticipating.......

:cheers:

4. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

I would like to know if it is possible to add collateral unit damage to bombarding part of the siege equipment attack. Siege equipment would hurt the units in the fortification when they were destroying city defenses. Siege equipment should also have the option to bombard units besides just defenses.

5. Good Sauce

Good Sauce (TM)

combining collateral damage with bombardment would obsolete just about every unit in the game. it's important for balance that they be seperated, otherwise the game would be dominated by SODs of whatever artilliray unit is current

6. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

Sorry if i repeat but if YOU can raze cities, AIs can too !

Sould be bad if all these historicals names disapeared ? No ?

7. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

This needs further tests. I have seen AI razing cities just because these were barbarian cities. I have seen AI capturing Barbarian cities. Well, if we accept AI as a more or less intelligent competitor, then we should allow him to do what it thinks is good for him.

Do not forget, many historical cities were razed to the ground and were built up later.

BTW, I am working really really hard to release the next version even sooner. The immortal unit is almost done (even though it doesn't hold the real weapons of an immortal yet, but I have to wait for SDK).

Unit balancing is going well too. Counter units will work much better.

AI will be improved as well.

But it won't be v0.65 anymore but v0.7 straight away. Too many changes for a 0.01 step. ;)

The realism map has already been improved. It will rock!!!

----

Can someone help me finding the combat formula? I haven't searched for it yet, but maybe there is a formula out there, that could boost the Unit balancing a bit.

Thanks
    Houman

8. Mikkeman

Mikkeman Chieftain

Hi

Im looking forward to the update. Thanks for the hard work Houman.

What comes to city razing, I think it should definetely be an option. Like Houman said many historical cities have been destroyed in course of history. That option would open another strategy also. Burning own cities that enemy doesn't get those. This tactic was very valid one in other civs.

Maybe Houman can include both versions for download?

9. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Version 0.64 is released. Thanks to SuperFly for testing!!!
    I hope there is no glitch, if so forgive me and let me know.

Working now on version 0.70.

Have fun,
    Houman

10. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

I don't think it would obsolete every unit especially if you limited the amount it can reduce a unit to, say like 40-50%. It would make them much more effective and would force people to attack them instead of just stacking in a city, which is more realistic as if you were attack by an army with siege equipment if you didn't take it out then they would precede to pound you into the dirt. I would also take away the regular attack and allow them to only bombard.

At least they should have the ability like planes and bombers to bombard units as well as defenses. I think this games is missing the element of ranged attacks. Archers and such should be able to sit were they are attack the adjoining square. Maybe with a reduced power but I think it would add a much more realisitic aspect to the wars. Instead of Just sitting there and waiting for them to attack you.

11. Perfect_Blue

Perfect_Blue Yume Senshi

I was curious to know if, when the religions are made more 'realistic,' will they be modified further to interact with the new resources and/or buildings?

I think it was Gekko's mod (might have been in others too, I don't know); for instance, hindus gained a bonus from hemp at their temples. Increased options such as the one mentioned made the game, to me, more interesting and specific in its consequence.

12. candeavladimir

candeavladimir Chieftain

Hello

I play civ4 especially in MP and I enjoy very much the realism mod. However when I try to play it in MP after 20 min I get the OSS desync message.

I try several times with the same result. Virtually the mod is not playable in multiplayer.

I am almost sure that this is not a matter of bandwidth because when I play a normal game I don’t get the OSS message instead I get sometimes for a few seconds a message that the computer is trying to reconnect a player then everything is ok. In realism mod in multiplayer this message does not appear instead the OSS message pops up.

I think this is happening because of the modified speed of the game (REALISTIC which is the only option while the normal game has several other options for speed) flow of in game time and perhaps the score log.

Please can someone give a look an maybe fix this or can you tell me what commands do I have to modify in Assets in order to deactivate the above modifications.

Thank you

13. Superfly

Superfly Chieftain

@candeavladimir@ I don't think that has anything to do with the mod. I get that message all the time, when playing MP (unmodded, shame on me).

14. Superfly

Superfly Chieftain

After having startet 10-15 games with the 0.64v. I think there's way too much jungle, and almost no plains. :(

Am I the only one who feels like that? On many of the maps, there's almost 40-50% jungle :mad:

15. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

@Superfly, I am sure the generator can be modified. However I am right now very busy with Unit balancing, World Map etc. ;) Can someone will me a hint where I have to look for Jungle generating variables?

@candeavladimir, this is not MOD related. The MP is a bit buggy.

@Perfect_Blue Yes the religion mod is already implemented for v.70. It is abbamouse realistic Religion Mod. I find it sofar the best and most realistic one. Religion will not only affect your certain Bonuses (Muslims don&#8217;t eat Pig and Wine, Jews do not eat clam, crab and Pig). But you will also get certain small different bonuses. And new religious units from Greenmod 2.10. Jihad fighter for Muslims, Crusaders for Christians etc. It will rock!!!! ;)

@Nightravn
    The Bombardment for Siege is possible to mod. is very hard though However tons of other cons will be there too. You need two rounds to attack a city.
    This needs more tests. Ideas are welcome, but I will implement it probably then for v0.71.

Have fun
    Houman

16. Superfly

Superfly Chieftain

I modded it myself, this new mapgenerator seems more natural to me :D

I changed the desert % from 15 to 20, and the plains % from 15 to 35. I also changed the jungle % from 80 to 50. These settings generate some variable terrains, not just grasslands as previous.

Just replace the file in Assets\Python

Attached Files:

17. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Thank you Superfly. :) I will implement it in next version.

Houman

18. NoCk

NoCk Chieftain

Cannabis (Himalayas, India)
    Coffee (Subtropical areas of Africa, origin is from Ethiopia)
    Cotton (India, South Europe, Subtropical areas of the American continent)
    Lemon (India, Spain, Italy, Arab countries)
    Pearls (No idea, waters arround the Indonesian islands?)
    Potato (North America)
    Salt (Sahara, Africa)
    Sulphur (Indonesia, Japan, Chile, Eastern Europe, Mexican Golf, Western parts of the middle east)

Thats what I found out using wikipedia :p

19. JasonX

JasonX Chieftain

What the IceBreakerMod thing? I havent been able to find any info on it but it sounds interesting. And what happened to the natural disasters idea? i thought it was pretty interesting.

20. Perfect_Blue

Perfect_Blue Yume Senshi

Not sure if these things have already been mentioned or what have you, but...

If two cities finish their production on the same turn and one has the option of building a wonder, one can assign city A to build said wonder, but when city B pops up, it has the option to build the wonder again, but in the description says there are 0 left.

The galley has disappeared (I think). After one gets the tech to research caravel it appears that the galley disappears. No transports=bad deal.

Lastly, I might only suggest looking into implementing the enhanced foreign advisor and the inquisitor unit. But those are just my preferences.

By the by, I'm having a great time with this mod! Thanks much :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.