1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew77

Drew77 Chieftain

SWEET I hope you guys get that done within the next 2 hours I got work tomorrow, keep up the good work I cant wait.

2. Samuelson

Samuelson Prince

Are you guys going to use the SDK to help you make the next version?

3. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

I am posting this again for those of you who want to download the new patch and still play this Mod......................

After following these guidelines then make a shortcut of the exe file in the v1.52 folder that is in program files and then use that short cut to run CIV version 1.52 though in order to use the map it has to be either in the public maps folder or the saved games/worldbuilder folder in the v1.52 of the Sid Myers CIV4 folder in my documents/games. You then access it from in the game in by playing single player sernario. You can NOT just double click on the map and have it work.

4. BarryAuH2O

BarryAuH2O Chieftain

@all developers

I have been playing Civ since the original version came out when I was in elementary school. There were 2 games on one disc, Civ I and Mantis. Needless to say my gaming world changed forever when I played CIV.

Anyway I have been playing for years and just now found out about the world of modding. My lord I feel like I have been missing out.

For all of you who have done this and are still modding, my hat goes off to you. I can't believe the dedication and world-wide collaberation you all work with.

For those of you specifically working on this mod I want to let you know I put you in the ranks with some of my other heroes, in fact you should have a great person named the Civ Modder who can bring additional happines to a city. (just for fun).

I am eagerly awaiting the Version 1.00 to have a link so I can download and try a new game. Easter couldn't have hit on a worse weekend than one which coincides with a new mod realese, Phooey.

Any idea when the link will be avaliable?

Keep up the good work, there are many of us who appreciate your dedication.:)

-AuH2O

5. Drew77

Drew77 Chieftain

Will the new verson of the mod be comming out today??

6. AvianAvenger

AvianAvenger Warlord

The Great Person Award ??? here's your trophy -> http://www.sbyc.org/Trophies/Schmidt Memorial Golf Trophy.JPG -well get the names... and little man changed over latter

What???...you've got to be kidding. Easter = No Uni = plenty of time to play = :D :D :D :D :D :goodjob:

7. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

Next step : planes work like ground units on cities

8. Jeppson

Jeppson Warlord

I was just thinking about something. Isnt this the second resurrection of this mod. First it was only realism. Then that guy had to leave and another one took over so it was resurrected for the first time. Then he also left and then it was resurrected a second time. Im I right?

9. Drew77

Drew77 Chieftain

Who cares if it is the second or third this mod is the best out right now just go to the first page and read all the cool stuff for the next version, I cant wait I hope it is done for today.

10. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Thank you very much for all the praises. We really appreciate it having you guys as our fans.

And Jeppson is probably the first one who discovered the secret of Third Resurrection. :D It is true There was Jaynus (Guy) who started with Realism and then took Kristine (Girl) over the project. Then it was me who took over, so it is technically the Second Resurrection. :) But through out the history it was always the third try that made something right. It was the third try that founds the middle and the balance between both extremes. That’s why I called this project internally The Third Resurrection.

However This Mod has been now renamed officially to Total Realism. ;)

There are plenty Mods out there, but this one - and this is the reason why I got so obsessed with it - is the only mod that has reworked the balance of all units and all technology costs, all promotions and all religions seriously. And we are very proud of this. Game balance, realism and fun are our goal.

We have been beta testing the whole day. Some more little issues have been fixed, it was worth bug fixing and testing them. Soon I will get to the team and ask about if they feel ready for release then we will upload it.

BTW the Regiment Mod makes it really slow. It is good that we have implemented it only OPTIONAL. I do NOT recommend using it if you have less than 2 gig of RAM. :D

Otherwise everything looks good.

Stay tuned,
    Houman

11. makrin

makrin Chieftain

I think the maintainance cost for the troops is not enough expensive, for exemple a civilization with about 20M of population can't support a 3M army in european countries the defensive budget is between 3 and 6% of the PNB do you know if there is a way to raise maintenance cost to have a little more realistic thing ^^

Sorry for my english but i'm french ^^

And about the artillery troops i think their attack mode might be like aircraft one for the purpose of attacking and they mustn't be able to defend themselves

12. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

I have had a tourist tour in Turkey ...

The military expenses of Turkey is 30 %

13. BarryAuH2O

BarryAuH2O Chieftain

I have been playing with realism and I find it to be the best mod combo pack so far.

If you are open to ideas I have found a couple mods that I played with and enjoyed also, one is the Bad People Mod. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=164671

I think the addition of these criminal elements adds to the realism and has potential for further development, especially if someone figures out how to add a real terrorism element into gameplay.

Another mod I enjoy is the Mercenaries Mod, yet another realistic avenue of approach for real life combat. I understand it is would be difficult to add with the realism mod, due to it's complexity, but I think it is a great addition.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=162016

Any thoughts or comments?

-AuH2O:confused:

14. Drew77

Drew77 Chieftain

I have looked at both of those m0ds and I must say that would add some more realism to the game. I hope they will put it into the mod and give it a try would make the game pritty fun.

15. BlazeRedSXT

BlazeRedSXT Warlord

Does this indicate that the release of 1.00 will also still not be 1.61 compatible?
    Or does this apply to something else I might have missed.

Cheers!

16. Drew77

Drew77 Chieftain

This mod will ONLY work for v1.52.

17. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

C'mon, wheres v1.00. The wait is killing me.

Damn bugs!

18. Drew77

Drew77 Chieftain

Yea man same here. But I think they might still be testing it because they said the found some bugs in it b4.

19. rumbold

rumbold Chieftain

Well, it looks to me like it's up. Just go to their sourceforge page. I think I'm the first download.

;)

Can't wait to try it!

20. israfil

israfil Scholar and Archivist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.