1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

We have borrowed once the huge Realistic Earth map from Niust
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=146607

We have worked a lot since then on it and improved it massively. (New Bararian cities and armies, Animals, new resource distribution, 6 new resources)

If you play a different Map than ours, your population will die because of too much diseases. Since we have more health producing resources, we had to increase the unhealthiness by certain buildings and yields. But its possible. :)

However the Custom Game (Map generator is broken). We do not recommend playing a custom game.

Houman

2. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Bon jour!

Hmmm unfortunatelly I won't be able to fix this problem, since I have updated my CIV to 1.61 and am updating the Mod to 1.61. But I will make sure this is not happening in the next version.

Regarding the French UU:
    You are lucky that my Sister in Law is French! :D
    Frankish Axemen would be indeed a nice choice. Do you know if a Fankish Axeman has been produced in Unit Graphics? Then we could implement it as a third UU for French. This is no problem, since some civs have more UU anyway. (Native Americans have 5, Persians have 3, etc)

Dude, you want a Renault as a Tank? :lol: No problem, again if there is a Renault design in Unit Graphics, I could replace it for French MarkV (WWI).

I give you a tip, Ask "Rabbit, White" he is the one who did the real Persian Immortal for us. Be nice to him and sing him something in French, maybe he is so kind to make both units for you. ;)

Regarding the Patch:
    Yeah, re install the 1.09 patch in /Mods/Realism. This doesn't hurt your savegame.

Au revoir!
    Houman

3. canicula23

canicula23 Chieftain

It is better now but still frustrating and at the cost of eye-candys.
    It was so...great...and then there is this damn prob.
    Its unplayable for me in this condition.
    Since Civ3 with a PIII450, a Geforce2 and the patroling AI-Units, i have enough from waiting times. :)
    For me it is a gamedepth-killer to have to wait so long every turn.

Nevertheless, thx for help.

The computer has to calculate unit-graphics which are not visible when in fog-of-war area? I thought that there is no graphical processing when not visible and that the graphic is loading when a unit becomes visible. But i dont know much about it.
    Nevertheless, the mod is great, keep up the good work.
    I hope i can enjoy it one day without any problems. :D

4. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

I am planing on working on one of the bigger Earth Maps probably the KR Earth (217x119) one and the new Europe map from the new patch when ever we get this one finished and balanced which it is pretty much done. I just need a little more feed back from all the different Civ's on how they play.

If you feel the need to try your hand at it feel free to load up one of those maps and have at it. Just pick the very Civ on the list and start adding some of the new resources where they are appropiate by using the current Map as a model.

I am going to go talk with some of the map scriptors we have here at fanatic's and see if I can get one of them to help us out with a cpl of custom scripts with the new resources.

5. crismac

crismac Warlord

Hi everyone,

This mod looks great, but I am having a problem with the main screen in the game.The shortcut keys on the bottom of the screen are missing and all that is there is the blue background.When I play I use those keys most of the time.I read most of the posts in your form I did not see this problem posted before.I am using 1.52 haven't patched to 1.61 and I have your 1.0 with the 1.09 patch for your mod.

Thanks keep up the great work.

6. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Indeed it does. In the Civ4Unit file you can say for Scouts unit I would like to have 3 persons, 2 scouts and a dog. So each of them is a real single unit. If you have 10 redcoats marching around as a single unit, there really are 10 redcoats interacting in the game. However the power is distributed between these 10. This is the reason why it takes so long. Thsi is a problem from Game engine. :)

7. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

NightRavn, I knew you couldn't resist his suggestion, you Map addict! ;) No problem if you find any better map we could work on a new map. There are some new projects out there based on NASA blue whatever project with satelite pictures.

Only one recommendation, even though I have bought now 2 Gb RAM, not everyone here has 2 GB. I would only go for a bigger map as a secondary alternative. Remmeber we have tons of crazy barbarians in our mod and that all takes memory :lol:

8. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Thsi is indeed very weird. Is the mod properly loaded? Have you something else in your Customasset folder? You might be combining other mods with ours. I suggest uninstall everything. Then delete this Civilization 4 folder:
    D:\Documents and Settings\Houmie\My Documents\My Games\Civilization4

and the civ4 folder where your game is installed.

Now reinstall the game and the patch 1.52, the Mod and Mod patch inside the the Realism folder.

Good luck,
    Houman

9. crismac

crismac Warlord

:goodjob: :goodjob:
    Thanks for the quick reply Houman.

I did everthing you said and it worked.I installed everthing the same way as I did the first time except I used a different mirror from the SourceForge.net.
    The first time I used Mclean,Virginia.Second time I used Minneapolis,MN.I don't know if you really wanted to know that,I thought I should let you know.
    Thanks again.

10. jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan Chieftain

Ok guys,

I know you have been working your bugs off but there is a major problem. I have reporduced three times. I am using new 1.0 mod with the 1.09 patch.
    I have not patched to 1.62. Still using 1.51 or whatever that one was. Here is info I have.

Playing Greek Civ
    Happens around 688 BC
    Researching Currency
    No wars going on at time, nothing special I can tell
    I have started three games and each time I get a Civ error and games shuts down around same time period.
    First two times it happened while researching catapults (coincidence?), this 3rd time while researching currency.

I don't think it is a resource(computer problem). I have a Opty 165 with 2gb ram.

Not sure what cause is ..but something is amiss. Any other similar bugs noted by anyone else???:cry:

11. rabidpulse

rabidpulse Chieftain

Still loving the mod, great work guys. I have come across a few bugs while playing.
    1. The zorostranian temple still shows as txt_zor_temple or somthing like that, everything else related to the zoro buildings are fine.
    2. In captured barbarian citys i have the option to build the forbidden palace, even if i haven't researched code of laws or build any courthouses.
    3. The large time to remove a jungle can be circumvented if one builds a improvement on the tile instead of cutting the jungle first. Ex. 12 turns to remove jungle on tile A, or 7 turns to build a cottage on tile A removing the jungle as well.

12. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

@crismac

No problem dude. I guess its because Virginians dislike Mods made by Iranians. ;) But thats why we have the Mineapolisans to help us out. :lol: Glad it worked out!

@Jeff
    This is not a coincidence. It is the Catapult bug made by Houmie. I had forgotten to point to a Art file. It is very easy to solve this problem:

1) Go to:
    D:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\Application Data\My Games\Civilization4\cache
    2) Delete all files in the cache folder
    3) Extract the 1.09 Patch into the Mods/Realism folder (Even if you have done so before, it doesn't kill your savegame)
    4) start your game, load the mod and your savegame. Enjoy!

In case it still won't work give me a shout and I will see what I can do.

@Rabidpulse
    Thanks for pointing out the bugs. 1) can be easily fixed in the next version. 2) is weird...let see. 3) might be a game engine weakness. Let see what can be done.

@All there are some new great mod components out there. For example there is a new Great General Mod, that gives you a possibility of generating a real General for wars (like in Civ3) however not that overpowered. He only gives a promotion to the units on same stack, which is very fair.

Besides 12Monkey is working on our specific implementations and is getting there. :)

Houman

13. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

That great general mod sounds good. Do the generals have names and are they specific to what civ you are playing?

Also Houman I had another idea. Instead of the mafia out of the bad people mod, we could make the informant drain 1 gold out of any city it spends a turn in. The informant is a spy sent to live in another civ so it makes sense for him to be 'financially irregular' and not share the stolen wealth he acquires with his employers. ;)

14. Oettinger77

Oettinger77 Chieftain

hello

i have 3 problems, you can see them all in the screenshot

@houman
    i think you understand german, so i will describe my problems in german

1. die punkteanzeige der anderen civs verschwindet mit der zeit nach und nach und kommt nicht wieder
    das liegt wohl an dem einen mod, denn das problem hatte ich früher schon mit dem greenmod

2. manchmal bleibt die info einer einheit (links zu sehn) stehn und verschwindet manchmal erst nach einiger zeit oder gar nicht mehr

3. in meiner hauptstadt bamberg fehlen die befehlsbuttons von den einheiten (sieht man am ingenieur), auch wenn ich die stadt auswähle fehlen die buttons für gebäude usw
    die einzige lösung bisher ist alle einheiten aus der stadt raus und dann kann ich wieder gebäude oä auswählen/bauen
    das ist leider sehr sehr nervig

Regards

Attached Files:

15. Jeppson

Jeppson Warlord

I have done what you said now several times but im still experience the same problem. I can see the small images for hammers,strength etc in vanlilla but not in certain mods.very strange. What the could be wrong?

16. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

I have been wanting to do a bigger map since the very beging long before his suggestin, ;) but yeah I love working on maps though anything bigger than what we got now is going to be a monster to play. They definitely will be alternative maps and I will probably do the European one first as it is different and as soon as I saw it I thought .... wow I need to convert this to our mod.:)

But all of this comes after we are done tweaking the Mod and Map.... once that is done then then porting things to other maps will be easier. Oh BTW I have PM'd Surt and LDi Ceasre and ask for their help with the Map scripts so hopefully we will have a few options as far as maps and stuff goes for this Mod.

17. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

its amazing how much you guys are trying to incorporate into this mod. Keep up the good work. Ever think of trying to add new civs or possibly land transports of some sort. It would take alot of work with balancing but if you guys get it right it will be great... by the way i think the gunships should have bonus against melee units and other ancient units to increase balance.. attack helicopters would not lose to a unit of macemen.. anyway great work

oh yea same goes with mechanized infantry and other more modern units.. all of them should have bonuses against ancient units such as melee,catpults, trebuchets etc.

18. vegetius

vegetius Chieftain

Great Mod!!! I'm nodding off at work after going into the wee hours of the morning with Realism Resurrection. Thanks for your work.

19. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Hmmm das war mir noch war nicht bekannt gewesen. Meinst Du in der Statistik seite? Kannst Du einen Screenshot machen?

hehe. ja das kenne ich. Sehr stoerend. 12M hat neuerdings n Patch rausgebracht. Mal schauen ob es was bringt. Ansonsten lass ich ihn wissen.

Hast Du das vor dem 1.00 Version auch gehabt? Vielleicht ist es ein Bug verursacht durch 12m Plotlist. Ich lass ihn wissen.

Danke dir,
    Houman

20. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

1) After you have uninstalled the game, have you also deleted the Civ4 folder?
    2) Then, have you as well deleted this folder completely? D:\Documents and Settings\Jeppson\My Documents\My Games\Civilization4

I think you have forgotten 2).
    What brand and model is your Video adapter?

Good luck,
    Houman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.